Universal A Planet of Mine (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    If you can research the terraforming tech it lets you convert lava to stone for 1000 ice. Then you can safely mine those great spots.

2. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Guys, a friend of mine was asking this question, if i don't want to buy the galactic pack, which pack is the best optiong? I myself already bought the galactic pack but still confuse about the answer, could you guys help me?

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I have a question how the heck do I colonize another planet? I am bored

4. Silver99

Silver99 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2014
    This one looks interesting but Im going to wait for an update since there is so much confusion showing in the comments. Great to see the dev is listening.

5. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    If you're willing to spend a short period of time exploring and learning, there is no need to game is fantastic as is.

For the best pack to start with if you don't want the big one, I'd go with the production pack. The ability to scan ground to see what resources it contains is a big starting benefit that the mole people have.

To make a colony you need to do a few things:
    1. Level up your civilization until you have another planet in range of sight. Preferably not a dead world as those take a lot of higher tech to get running.
    2. Have enough petrol from wells to power your ship.
    3. Select your ship in the planet view and set destination. Then it will go to the star map and you choose the colony site.
    4. Put one animal in the ship (very wasteful to send two) and then click to fuel and launch to your new home.

6. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    It's not really that kind of problem. It's just a real-time space-based 4X game with an incredibly complex and opaque economic model that almost feels like a business simulator in how much tweaking you can do. Exploring that economic model is almost as important as exploring space itself.

I just wish the in-game FAQ/Guide were a little better laid out and more informative from the get-go. It'd be nice if the menus and such on the business sim side of the game were better organized. There are literally dozens of different resources you can collect and/or synthesize in the game and many of your creations can require multiple difficult to find/create materials.

7. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #Congratulations#

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    you monster #

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Thanks for dropping in here at TA, it really means a lot to the community when devs take the time to reach out.
    Congrats on the release!

10. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Is this a newbie-friendly entry point for 4X games? Never got into one before! Love the look, though.

11. wino

wino Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Anyone having an issue adding fuel to the ship? When I press the add fuel button it just says "launch in...5" and nothing else happens. I have more than enough oil and there is an animal in the ship.

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I'm in the same boat.
    I just don't have the attention span for 4X games on the pc.
    This looks and sounds like a stripped down version though and one I might be able to play and enjoy.
    But from what I read here and from what little I have managed to play I find the tutorial is pretty much useless for me.
    Best wait until either the tutorial gets updated or perhaps a player guide is made available on the net. #

13. arr4ws

arr4ws Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    #113 arr4ws, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Id love to be able to know whats the soil composition even when there is a structure on it.

I bought the full game. Congrats to the dev for the awesome game.

14. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I played again last night - is there always a way forward or can you easily screw yourself? I ended up on my first planet with no apparent way to get oil and some other resource. I couldn't destroy any buildings because I didn't have dynamite. So I wasn't dying off but couldn't figure out how to get the resources that don't pop up on the dropdown menus. Anyone know?

15. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    If youve got the 3 production buildings you can make dynamite at the workbench with paper from the press and biogas (made from fertiliser) from the foundry. Ive hit a similar problem as I built another energy demanding building, overloading my energy supply, and shutting down my entire production chain. Im going to have to clear a bush or tree tile by harvesting it faster than it regenerates to free up space I think.

16. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    It's not difficult to play.. It's not really 4x per se. I dunno how to genre this game more like strategy game. Read some of the comments here and u probably be ready to colonize the universe.

17. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Don't know if you've watched the game's trailer yet, but it's amazingly clever to note that the techno theme song that plays is actually Also sprach Zarathustra by Strauss. A techno version of it. You know, the song used as the theme for Kubrick's 2001? Go back and watch the trailer again - it's really clever.

18. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    If u ran out of dynamite u are screwed sorry

19. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Thanks - I don't have a workbench so I think I am doomed to not progress in this one...

20. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Sorry, but the 'just explore the game' excuse for the lack of tutorial just doesn't wash with me. It is abundantly clear from this thread that people are baffled/struggling. I, for one, suspect there is a game to be had in this app, but won't be shelling out for any IAP's until a reasonable tutorial is added. I do not have infinite gameplay time. I do not wish to spend that limited time trying to work out what on earth is going on.

To me, the developer just can't be bothered. Neither can I.

Put it like this. There are only 6 different pieces on a chess board. Surely folk can pick it up as they go along. How hard can it be?