Universal A Planet of Mine (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I got sucked into this game last night -- like a lot of people I was utterly confused at first. It seemed like the very first game I played did not have the tutorial stuff shown? Once I quit my first game and started a "tutorial" game it made more sense.

Overall it's really cool! Love the portrait mode and like someone said it is reminiscent of Polytopia a bit, another favorite.

Anyone know how fighting beasts works? Can you tell how much health your little guys have? Do they regain it if you pull them out of the fight?

2. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    I think I read once in a "tutorial window" that each time your animal blinks, it rolls dice to know whether or not it'll die... I'm not totally sure though. Any other information is welcome :)

3. Victorious

Victorious New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Goodbye life!

Beware, this game will eat your life. I started at 7:30am and it's now 4pm! I stopped to eat breakfast and
    use the bathroom. It's excellent! Buy the the Galactic Pack, it's only $5 and totally worth it. The tutorial just skims the surface. Super deep and a bit complex, actually a lot complex. Love it!!!!

4. Victorious

Victorious New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Just keep placing one of your animals on the beast, till he's dead. Several of your animals will die before
    he dies.

5. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Noticed this as well

6. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Yep, there is a ton of hidden depth. Now I'm terraforming volcanic worlds to dig up uranium that gets funneled back to the capital. The builder mode is a great game option if you want to take your time and explore everything without worrying about the AI encroaching on all the worlds.

7. clonecommander

clonecommander New Member

Apr 13, 2014
    How do I restore purchases? I have an iPad and iPhone and want the game to sync also don't want to purchase the galactic pack again on iPad

8. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    I'm just curious about how everyone else is playing.

Am I wrong to want to try to strip mine solid and liquid resources from the tiles on which my chosen race have their preferred biome and thus work the fastest, and then put things on them that depend on assigned workers? I try to put houses on biomes that aren't favorable to my race, preferably ones with no liquid resources and less than 700 solid resources.

I definitely am going way too far with wood and food production and not leaving myself room for more advanced facilities.

I think I need to fumble with build more a bit more.

To the dev:

I really hope you plan on tweaking this and cleaning up the translation. I think the resources could be visually represented a little more clearly, there's a glitch where the building menus don't populate the information in the center of the menu circle, and an in-game pause would be great so I can take a moment to collect my thoughts a bit. As far as I can tell, the current sole avenue for pausing takes me to a save/quite/options menu.

Anyway, nice game. Enjoy my $5. I'm going to be getting that back in play tenfold at least.

9. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    My most successful run yet has been first focused on pumping out all the oil possible as you can from the 1st planet, so by the time you have enough ascention to see another place to go, you're ready to launch one animal over and get started. Otherwise I try to get as many forests producing as possible and have a foundry converting wood to coal and a press changing wood to paper. Then all kinds of options open up quickly. Once you have a nursery in place, you can get 2 animals on the same forest or berry bush as well, then the food and wood supply problems largely go away.

Doing this, I was able to have a second planet running by around turn 150 and now at 350 the entire system has been populated (aside from 1 dead world).

10. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I'm figuring stuff out - finally noticed the little dropdown menu where you can change what resource the buildings produce!

My first game got to near the end of its time limit, I was on three planets. But then I started getting all these messages that my inhabitants were dying off. I couldn't tell why - is there some indicator of what kills them? It wasn't food scarcity - I had plenty of that and it wasn't warning me about food. Just kept saying "another inhabitant died". Any tips?

11. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Got a second planet up by turn 35 with this strategy now, and the third by 65. Some luck involved, but those moles are crazy good at finding the right resources for a fast start.

12. Joe Kule

Joe Kule Member

Aug 18, 2014
    To the developer, would you consider a sandbox or skirmish mode where one could pick the number of planets, the number of opponents and perhaps even which opponents? I think that would add a lot of replayability to an already very good game. Thank you for your consideration of this.

13. astrogirl

astrogirl New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Oil not available?

Are the resources available random? I started the free game today and was trying to mine for some oil. The little book thingy said oil can be found in Jungle biomes, but I don't have a jungle biome on my planet. Can I not get oil then? or is there some other way to obtain it? :confused:

14. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    If you click on terrain, it will show how much, solid and liquid it contains.
    Prairie and mountain usually contain oil.
    Just put a well there.
    Some races and some skills you unlock will let you scan the soil to see exactly whats inside.

15. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I agree!
    And maybe just a mode where there is actually an end when you meet some requirements.

For example I destroyed every other civilization.
    Now what do I do?
    Chasing Hi-Score when there is nothing else to do seems boring...

Otherwise what an amazing little game!

16. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Is there a wiki for this game? If not, there really needs to be. I'd like somewhere other than the Pandepeadia to read up on what's what to plan things out, or improve the Pandapeadia.

This game overwhelms my brain. I can't stop myself from turning my species into a food and tree churning powerhouse at the expense of everything else, while other species are passing me by in most other areas.

And I'd definitely like to see more robust game mode options. Hopefully the game picks up traction and the developer keeps improving it along the way.

We've seen this do wonders for titles like Lost Portal and Demon's Rise. Work to keep your game alive through improvement and evolution, which will keep your community support and income alive, all while becoming a stronger developer.

17. mmirage

mmirage New Member

May 19, 2012
    Missiles, anyone?

Okay, I definitely would like to see some kind of a tutorial put together. I can't find any way to build missiles. *lol*

In all seriousness, I am enjoying the game. The translation can use some work, I occasionally run into a bug or two (like resource mining just stops for some reason, in particular for wood)... but it has depth, variety, and seems enjoyable.:confused:

18. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Missiles are : electronic component and uranium

19. mmirage

mmirage New Member

May 19, 2012
    Thanks ljipop!

Now to just figure out how to get the uranium. I haven't mined any of it yet after about a dozen planets...

20. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I got a couple of bits of uranium from a mine in a lava lake on a death planet. It turns out mining uranium on a death planet is rather deadly, so I keep throwing beaver bodies into the mine in the hope uranium comes out. I suspect there is a more efficent way of mining uranium though.

Perhaps you could let the ai attack your home planet to turn tiles there into lava for mining.