Universal A Planet of Mine (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. So glad I'm not the only one. I was wondering if I'm just too dumb to play games.

2. Bucusse

Bucusse Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Barcelona
    Cant find oil!! Cant visit other planets!! Any clues? Thanks

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #63 Ijipop, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Read my post on the previous page!
    #

4. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    That number only appears to indicate amount of liquid, which may be oil or water. I see what you're saying of course. Choosing a well location with the highest number gives you the greatest chance, but the AI never seems to have this problem, so building a well over a confirmed oil spot is often your only chance of competing with the AI for early planet colonization.

Speaking of which, getting sick of seeing dead worlds. Any point to these planets? I just restart when dead worlds are my only options.

5. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Cool game we need to get the devs in here anyone reach out to them yet? Tutorial would be nice i am starting to grasp it pretty cool game.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    In my experience (two games - ran out of wood and restarted) it has only been water. How do you find a confirmed oil spot?

7. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Okay, the game is giving me nothing but dead worlds every time now. What gives?

8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Nope...I'm with you guys as well. Game is gibberish.

9. felder

felder Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    They really need to find someone who knows English. The translations are horrible. That combined with the "tutorial" is a major turn off. As someone else said, the game is gibberish both literally and figuratively.

Shame too. There might actually be a fun game in there, but with a gazillion other games to play I simply can't be bothered to fight with this one to find it.

10. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Ditto. Would be interested in trying it for sure.

11. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    If you stick with it for a couple hours and start to figure out how to make all the resources, the game really opens up and becomes a lot of fun. I was also a bit frustrated at first, but after making it up to level 3-4 on the ascension ladder there are enough buildings available that you can start to make resource chains that get interesting.

The first one I made was a paper to books to research link that has sped up research tremendously. Also now that I have a good foundry it is possible to do all kinds of resource conversions. Oil has been slow coming, but through luck I finally found a couple wells.

Next game I think I'm going to pick the race that lets you scan tiles to see exactly what resource is buried underground. That should be a way to fast track to a couple wells and an early jump on the space race.

So far I'm enjoying the game a lot, and definitely do not regret unlocking everything with the IAP.

12. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    You have to buy a race pack or complete pack for the real game modes. I finally figured out that this mode we're all playing is just a demo.

At first I thought it was fully open and buying more races to play as was the funding model.

13. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Oh, and one thing that seems to be a must build item is the nursery. Once that was in place I could put two animals in the same forest or berry bush and they can harvest indefinitely without risk of using up all the resource before it regenerates.

14. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Why the planet rotates so fast? After 5 minutes playing this, I feel dizzy and vertigo..

15. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    This or star viking forever hmmmm

16. touly

touly New Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Hi!

I'm Vincent from Tuesday Quest :)

It seems many of you tried to register to our forum but I have to manually validate all inscription and I'm overwhelmed right now by all publishing and messaging things about the game so... sorry for that, I think we should change the way it works.

I read everything you wrote, I'll try to cover each point:

1. IAP activation offline will be fixed soon as it is a blocker for many players. We'll try not to make updates in a rush because it's also a good way to mess things up. But I think this and many other little modification or tuning can be done for the next week.

2. Galactic Pack includes all packs, so you should not be able to buy lower packs when you have the galactic one. We'll fix this it's a bug.

3. Screen rotation. The game is built to support large screen, so it should work to rotate the screen, but we need to test it before put it in an update. So it's clearly something that will do in the game, maybe in few weeks.

4. Solo mode or campaign. It's a large amount of work, I think we'll never do something like this in the game. But we are open to add challenges (kind of solo missions) if you have any idea. The system is done and is able to receive any new mission. It will mainly require time to test.

5. Tutorials. Well I think now Tuesday Quest have a (deserved) reputation for making bad tutorials since Puzzle Forge 2 ^^. It's a long and interesting debate.

I know it's something frustrating for players, but I definitely put priority on improving understanding inside the game and not outside. Anything a dev put in a tutorial is the acceptance that something is not intuitive in the game, or the sign that some information lacks somewhere. It's much more fun to understand by yourself (especially in this game) than being told by a prompt. So "tutorializing" is always the last thing we'll do in the game. Of course this is an utopian way of making a game, but still it gives good results :)

The current tutorial is here because we haven't succeed at make controls really intuitive: move animals with drag and drop, how to build, the ability to rotate the planet... there are things players miss 50% of the time.
    I think we'll improve this to be sure players understand controls at least.

Of course if you have ideas to improve understanding in the game we'll test it and implement it.
    For example, I read that lot of players had issues to understand how regeneration works, and I think it can be improved in the game with feedback or graphics. any ideas?

I hope you'll not read this like we won't listen to complains about tutorials ^^' I understand complains, they are justified, but tutorial is the last resort for me :)

6. only infinite resources are wood and redball, everything else is limited so for any game you have a max situation you can reach, and max score you can reach.

VoilĂ  :)
    Big thanks for playing the game!! we were really unsure about how players we'll like it, thanks for feedback because it will improve the game in the end. If you have more questions I will respond.

17. GBRA

GBRA New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Already play this for 2 hours and i still hooked up xD

18. corpuscule

corpuscule Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Agile Software Engineer
    France
    Hi and welcome here, it's nice to get some feedback from the devs.

I love the discovery side of things, but it's not easy to ensure that all information is available. For example, I had a hard time to understand that the mining and drilling resources were limited, and where the quantity was displayed ! It's in there but not obvious and I didn't see any help about the GUI. Like making more things "tappable" ? It would be great if you managed to improve on that !
    Also, I still do not remember all resources icons, so it's sometimes a mess to know what's required...
    And last (for now), when I wanted to build an "assisted press" (what's the english name ? i played in french) it didn't display it needed energy, only when upgrading an existing building.

Good luck, I hope it sells well and you can update it as needed :)

19. L5M

L5M Member

Jul 13, 2017
    #79 L5M, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Sometimes, the UI does have the info but there's no chance a new player would know what it means until it's discovered in hindsight. Like, when I built the assisted foundry and discovered that it needed energy, only then I would notice that it did have this "Energy 1" text at the bottom. Ditto for remaining resource amounts in terrain and so on.

Also, I would love some kind of infinite resource game mode or a factory chain that converts wood and food to eventually every resource type. I would like to build intricate sprawling empire in a game like this.

Infinite or at least a very large number of planets I suppose is a long shot, but doesn't hurt to ask. Maybe a miracle will happen. :) Another game Polytopia also added non-limited mode and larger maps based on user feedback after all.

20. stbsteve

stbsteve Active Member

May 20, 2012
    #80 stbsteve, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Loving this game - it's really addictive!

Now that the devs are around is add to the tapability of the UI (plus if I'm being offered a trade it'd be good to see my own current stock levels rather than having to remember or guess blind).

The furthest I got maxed to the point where there were no more planets in reach as the AI had taken the others nearby - I'd hoped I'd be able to steal them, but just blew them up. So if there's any way to add that it'd be great.

Oh and to the question about regeneration - it took me a while to figure out what the circle represented and I would wait a cycle to make sure it reset - but for simplicity, if you have another -% showing whether your using more than a cycle replenishes that'd be all kinds of helpful.

Loving the work though and even if you never came back to the game, I know that I'll be playing for a good while to come - the galactic pack was a worthy investment.

Almost forgot - but I think you'll have it covered if you fix the online Iap thing - but 'restore purchases' doesn't work