Universal A Planet of Mine (by Tuesday Quest)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #21 Praymettin, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    I played it and got hooked immediately as this gives a feeling a lot like (the battle of) Polytopia,another favourite of mine. I was just about to buy galactic pack then I saw this comment!

This is the dealbreaker for me as I am away from wi-fi most of the time.
    But the game looks good, a streamlined,cute cross between Polytopia and Master of Orion. Too bad it requires connection to enable additional features

Edit: Played the game a bit and managed to reach Ascension level 10 to check the features. The game is like Polytopia but in an interplanetary setting with a few features from Master of Orion like planetary colonization, planet types and Tech-Tree progression.

Other features are missing, like espionage and most importantly, space and planet surface BATTLES! Really, the battle between factions is just hurling missiles with interplanetary cannon like structures and thats all. Why are there no starship battles in a galactic strategy game? It would add much more flavor and replayability. And "diplomacy" is streamlined and only about trading and war/peace. Apart from these the game is really nice and in line with Master of Orion with time consuming and addiction.

And about the offline iap problem, the developer said it will be fixed, so it is not a problem for long.

2. Praymettin

Praymettin Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Just look beneath the renewable resources(like forests) there is a pie chart, I think if you leave them alone for a while they grow again.

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia

Why isn't the screen rotation not a good complaint??

The game might be fine to play on a phone with one hand but that shouldn't mean bugger everyone else.

For example, I bought my iPad Pro 12.9" purely to play games on, replacing my old gaming pc.
    I play games for hour long sessions. I like to be able to charge my iPad when I am using it.

Seems to me to be a reasonable enough request? #

4. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Why would you invest so much time building a complex game like this and so little time on a tutorial. I'll try it again tomorrow.

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    what he said

6. Daerricx

Daerricx Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Anyone figured out how to move a worker from one area to another without blowing it up?

7. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Drag it? Cause that's what I am doing.

8. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I can still play games I have already started. But it looks like new games go back to being restricted. Normally I wouldn't care but no phone for two weeks and sporadic wifi.

9. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    How do I discover new buildings and upgrades the ones I already own.
    Tut didn't explain any of this . Seems like it would be fun.

Also it lacks campaign or story mode . This would make the game extremely successful

10. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #30 mastery51, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    You are cutting down the trees too fast, The forest isn't getting enough time to restore itself. Pay attention to the resource dial below the Forrest. If that goes out, you did a clear cut, the forest won't produce anymore.

There are circular icons on the bottom of the screen. The white one with the triangle in it is level up. Click it when it is filled with xp and starts glowing, it will unlock new buildings. Once you unlock new buildings you can upgrade your old by selecting the building space and clicking the upgrade arrow that shows up. The blue circle icon with triangle shape (which comes a little later) is research, it unlocks new abilities.

I don't see a story mode either but there are challenges you can complete in the new game section. You only get one challenge in the free locked version.

11. syd7

syd7 New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Totally agree here. Even just a bit of help.

12. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    You are right!
    Thanks!

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Appreciate the help

14. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #34 Ijipop, Jul 12, 2017

Yup! It is.
    Sorry.
    I was refering to games that are only playable on landscape mode and were stuck on one side of the device. When you rotate your Ipad the screen doesn't and that bugs me too.

And for me portrait mode makes sense.
    But I get what your saying about the charger.

For an Iphone user.
    A one hand game with that kind of depth is pretty rare. So for me it's a nice addition to my collective transport, job break library.

As for the internet required IAP....
    Should be fixed soon???????

15. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Thanks to mastry51 for clarifying to not harvest wood faster than forest regenerates, cheers.

16. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    I just can't get to another planet.
    AI outrun me everytimes...
    Not sure what I do wrong?
    Anyone successful?

17. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
  18. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #38 baconcow, Jul 12, 2017
    Played blindly. Got to a point where I could not generate fertilizer (from my amount of knowledge, anyways), so no dynamite. Had to just give up, at the point. I wasn't even aware I would not be able to generate dynamite, with the setup I had. Not a very good introduction, as the game only seemed to give you an encyclopedia and that's it. it seemed I needed that to fight or leave the planet, neither of which I had the resources to do. Also, I needed a specific resource to upgrade many of my buildings, but I could not find this anywhere and no mention in the encyclopedia either (was likely a ?). I'll likely give it another run later as it is an interesting concept.

Something to note, the encyclopedia is a little glitchy. A few times, it would be scrolling and got stuck and began jittering, without input.

Also, it doesn't seem like a game worth playing without purchasing any of the IAP. The 300 rotation free game is just far too limited.

Also, am I correct to understand that resources such as water and those mine are limited?

19. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    @developer, will there be an android port for this game?

20. Xcxc

Xcxc Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2017
    so for the IAP features to work you have to be online, but is this just to start the game? meaning if I disconnect after launching it i'll still have the IAP's right?