A nice RSS reader

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dugbug, Sep 26, 2009.

1. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    I see a lot of reader posts now and then. Here is one for the list (disclosure: I am associated with it).

app store link for Flitter!

While it does not use google, it is very iphone-esque with a lot of creature features.

Here is everyone's favorite site in action :)

[​IMG]

Would love to hear any thoughts.

(forgot: website for all the info you would ever want on it: http://www.dyerware.com)
    -d

2. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    It looks very good! As I have spent a lot of money lately, I'll have to wait, but I am going to keep my eye on it.

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I only use google reader so it wont be much use for me. Right now using byline but it's definitely not perfect IMO and I'm looking for something which will replace it. Preferably something where a dev listens to our requests and adds new feature accordingly. Any chance of it getting google support??

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

4. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    ImNoSuperMan
    yes. In fact can you post in our forums how you use goggle reader and whataspects you want in a reader that works w ggl? I want the whole team to absorb that ideA from an end user perspective and we may want a back-and-forth.

Also if both of you email me doug[AT]dyerware.com I'll send you promo codes good for four weeks of usage if in return you can provide feedback. That's something taken seriously bY us and particlarly me.

-d

5. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Alright. I'll make up a list of all the things I like and dislike about byline(plus new features I'd like) and mail them to you by tomm :)

6. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Great! Look forward to it.

And while Im on here, since we have a pending update (which resets our review codes back to 50) anyone that wants a review code just email me and ill hook you up while they last.

There are no obligations to it, you just get the app for free for a month. I would just ask that you let us know the good and the bad of your experience with it so we can learn what it takes to earn your business.

If you aren't familiar with how to redeem these codes (it's easy) Ill provide instructions.

email myself or our support addr:
    doug[at]dyerware.com
    support[at]dyerware.com

Much appreciated folks!
    -d

7. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Just in case you didnt know.. you can generate the remaining codes before the next update is approved. These codes stay alive for appx 4 weeks after you`ve generated them and will stay valid even if there is an update after the codes are created.

8. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    No I didn't know that but was wondering if that was the case.

Thanks

-d

9. stogie53

stogie53 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Looks cool I like the looks. i have been looking for an app just like this.

10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    ok mail sent !

this looks interesting enough to try :)

11. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Hi soup... thanks for the interest. I did not receive your email (good thing I checked the forum :), but did set aside a number for you. I PM'ed it to you, but if I get the email from the intertubes Ill reply that way as well.

thanks for your help
    regards,

-d

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    #12 soup, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
    thanks for the code !

will report back with feedback :)

hmmmm......rss

ps love the fact the first screen has touch arcade in it !

13. byron_hinson

byron_hinson Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2008
    It's a great app!

14. dugbug

dugbug Active Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Just a note that 1.6.1 is now out and with some significant bump in features since this thread was started:

You can now import/export with google reader and other OPML sources (such as firefox -- use the OPML addin if necessary).

You can find and add feeds by exploring the integrated feed database, selecting from hundreds of feeds by category (sports, headlines, science, iphone, etc).

You can share your flitter feedlist with other flitter users.

And more importantly :) an attractive, iphone-friendly interface that is easy to use.

And I dunno... more stuff than this, but if you are interested check out more details at www.dyerware.com.

Also, if you want to see a feature, drop us a line. The app is constantly being updated based on user feedback.