A new TD - beta testers [no longer accepting applicants]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gimka, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Not another TD game...:rolleyes:
    At least its 2d instead of that typical top down view.

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Yea, this looks pretty interesting, not only does it look different then your normal TD, The berserker being one of your allies blows my mind! :eek:
    This will be bought day 1 based on just that one screen for me as well.
    I wonder what the title is?...

3. Why not have both? Include both a standard mode and a story mode so that those who just want TD can play the normal mode, and those who want a bit of adventure and added challenge can go for the story mode.

4. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    See?!?!?! see that response????

5. The M/Quote and Edit buttons are your friends.

6. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    That would be sad, but I wanted to clarify my post! nobody EVER reads the edits

7. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Actually Pablo you'd be surprised, a lot of people read the edits...

8. That's why the common thing to do is put Edit: at the end where you're going to, y'know, write what you hit the edit button for.

Bold is a friend of your friends.

9. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I know that, but that doesn't help if someone has already read the post, this is getting off topic and I want my ideas to be heard so I'm sorrry for triple posting ;)

10. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I think a little dialogue is good, I'm not sure if I want it to have a full blown RPG feel to it though. I like your standard straight up TD. But a little back story never hurts... JMO :)

11. TomFagan

TomFagan Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    England
    doing a story is a bit of a gamble on one hand it could set it apart from all the other TDs out there like fieldrunners and 7 cities but it could make some people not like it :rolleyes:

you could do two modes a story and casual mode that way everyone is happy me personally i LOVE the idea of having a story would make it less repetative which most TDs suffor from as long as you have a good selection of towers(units) with a good thew upgrades each i will definatley get this game without hesitation :D

12. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    That's not a bad idea... I see it kinda like Blackbeards assault, most match 3 games don't have much if any side story. Yet they put in a great little side story, and they give you the option to turn it on or off. That's all I would really want...

13. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the idea. It sounds very intriguing. I was thinking about linear story progression but you are more advance and actually thinking about having interactive story.

The idea is great. But, adding that kind of interactivity can easily double the dev time. It’s not just coding; we have to consider the design aspect of it in entirely. How one answer will affect the rest of the game balance and how many branching that player actually can create. We’ll have to test all of the possibilities. It’s not impossible and I can actually see how it will work. But it’s a luxury that we can’t afford right now.

Also, based on the responses so far, it doesn’t seem many will appreciate a deep story in a TD game. But, we can definitely do a simple side story that is optional to follow.

If we do have that kind of luxury, there is a feature that we really want to implement. This one is something that everyone can appreciate and something that no TD has done before. I can guarantee you that the existing TDs on the App Store will not be able to do this easily as it will require major architectural changes. This is something that has to be planned very early when the project started and we are very proud that we have done our homework for this.

14. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I understand, so what is the expectec price for this game?

15. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    yeah uh did I make it b/c I got the reply with further instructions, but no email back, so Im just wondering

16. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Pablo, we haven’t finalized the pricing yet. As developer, we definitely want to get our development cost back and at least some profit to make it worthwhile our time. But, I understand that price is a sensitive issue and how the AppStore works is really hard to comprehend.

No Hero, we are preparing the build. This will take some time. Please bear with me. You can expect it sometime next week. Please be assured that I will read all the emails coming to my inbox but I might not be able to reply to all of them. I apologize for this. But, we are just a small team working hard here.

For those who are still sending me PMs for beta testing, please understand that we are very grateful. The responses so far have been overwhelming and we really appreciate the support that you have given us. This forum is great that many people are willing to help a small developer like us. But, unfortunately, we already have more that we can handle right now. If we later need more help, we’ll definitely contact you again.

17. iScarFace

iScarFace Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Sent you an email.
    The game looks remarkable.

18. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

I believe a good linear story will be the next major evolution for TD games. Eventually there will be so many TD games released that the market will not support it. You are already seeing comments now like, "Not another TD game."

A quality linear story in a TD game will be very well received and considered a major step forward. Something similar in style to the Advance Wars series on the Game Boy Advance and DS.

Of course I completely understand a small developer will not be able to make such a commitment at first. It may come from a larger developer at first or from a small developer who has great success with their first TD game and makes enough money to invest in a, "larger vision" TD game.

It could come from a small developer who builds their game in such a way that a linear story could be created and added in later through updates if the sales support it.

19. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I understand :)

20. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    I just put up a mod alert suggesting a thread name change.

Gimka, if you have a new thread title in mind, you can mod alert the main post and request a new title for the thread. It would stop the emails flooding in for requests. :)

The mod alert button is the [​IMG] icon on the top right of posts.