A new TD - beta testers [no longer accepting applicants]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gimka, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    did they form an alliance with him but then he betrays them because he si actually a bad guy but then he feels bad and helps them again although the good guys don't trust him anymore????:eek:

2. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Gimka I sent you the email. Hope everything works out!

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Well I sent my request, as I know I have been in almost every TD thread TA has to offer! This one looks pretty sweet! :D

4. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Spartan,
    Thanks. I received your email. I'm waiting for all other testers to send their UUIDs and to create an ad-hoc certificate with those.

5. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    guys, there all gone, sorry

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Ibelongintheforums: I sent the email as a reply to Gimka's PM. I was accepted.

7. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    ohhhhh.........sorry

i was accepted to.
    :p

8. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I feel discouraged that nobody replied to my last post in this thread!

Spam needs some reward!

looks lika a great td not top down view thank god

9. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

The story is actually a bit more complex than that.

Every unit has a background story and you actually have to fight for it to sway them to joining your side.

Later, however, we decided to cut back on the story to keep thing much simpler and casual; as players probably won’t care much about the story if at all.

So, just wondering if that was actually a wise decision. How important is actually story for a TD game? Are you expecting to read long dialogs, one or two cut scenes in between mission, or none at all?

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Not sure how important a story is in comparison to many levels/boards, including different baddies and upgradeable towers. Those are really the most important aspects in a TD game.
    Don't get me wrong, a story never hurts, but I wouldn't say it's crucial.
    You can have a one or 2 liner before each level to progress the "story" but in my opinion, each separate board/level is it's own story.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I wasn't accepted. :(

Give me opinions though, I could always add another TD game to my collection.

12. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Man if you include a story I'm sold, I will buy without any hesitation whatsoever! there already are so many casual TD games.

I'd pay 5 bucks if the story was either about Aztecs/Mayan people or pirates!!!!

13. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    I think it'd be awesome if there was a dialog between the two groups and you could choose what to say for your own group if you say "arghh you darn pirates" they would attack you and you could rank up points, but if you said "let's forget that you slept with me beutiful daughter" they would leave you alone, you wouldn't get points though

At the start you'd see how strong the others are and that would help you decision of fighting or letting Aztecs sleep with ur daughter

14. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    First, let me get this right out of the way.
    Based on that 1 screenshot, I'll be all over this game, story or no story. It's one of the most interesting looking TD games I think I've ever seen.

As for you Pablo ;)
    I hear you, and may even agree with you!
    Maybe because it's something that's never been done (that I know of) in a TD game, I'm having a hard time imagining how it would be implemented, but I think in theory, it's freakin' intriguing! :)

15. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    It looks unique and very polished!

16. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    Ok this is how I'm imagining it, you start out selecting a couple of guys to accompany you in your trip, you arrive at a strange island, there are many different tribes in the island, One tribe finds you and asks you want you want, why have you come to the island, [you select an answer depending on how many people you see have come from the tribe], if you select not to fight, other people of the tribe who are angry at your arrival will come (with more or less people), there might be one answer that might save you from fighting with them but the most probable thing is that your interpreter doesn't know the language right and insults the chief of the tribe instead, then you prepare for battle positioning your guys in stategic locations, if you win you convert some of the people and they join you, if you lose the upgrades to your people will be lost (this is good for the first couple of battles, so that if you lose you can start again without having trouble). You advance more and more inland find bigger more powerfull tribes, you form alliances with other tribes which give you new weapons and soldiers......

I could go on if anyone is interested

I'd pay 10 bucks seriously, and I'm a cheap person:eek:

17. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    This could also go the other way around, just that more and more people come to your island you fight agaist them and other enemy tribes

EDIT: from screenshot this could also be based on medieval times

18. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    can somebody respond to my insanely long paragraph please?:)

19. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Only if you promise not to triple post again.

20. pablo19

Oct 26, 2008
    put each new post added additional information!!:eek:

except the last one and this one:)