A new RPG Quest - IN DEVELOPMENT

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lendo, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I always enjoy when you can customize your characters to an extent. Doesn't have to be a full job system but something where u reach a certain level and can take your character down a dif path.

Example: fighter- at lvl 10 can choose to be Attack based berzerker or defense based knight. Then even at lvl 30 can offshoot those. Berzerker can be a barbarian or duelist, and knight can become a paladin or juggernaut. Something like that.

2. lendo

lendo Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Update:

The battle engine and overall character development framework is complete, except for minor details. Thank you for the input and ideas - ALL of your comments have been given due consideration!

One more thing: this game will NOT have iAPs. A separate version (a different App altogether) may be released after the initial release to test out different ideas we are playing with, but as of now we think the gameplay would benefit from avoiding the in-app-purchase system.

Montanx - I think you will be very pleased with the character development system. We have decided upon a three-and-a-half tier growth matrix, where you can improve your character through leveling skills, unlocking attributes, and customizing weapons/armor. The extra half refers to the ability to change attack style, capitalizing on the unique abilities of your character.

Animation will commence soon, and screenshots and trailers will be released in the coming weeks.

The next step is the implementation of the game itself. We believe we have a very strong and creative storyline, but what additional features would you like to see to distinguish this game from typical RPGs? Side quests, puzzles, unlockables, ETC. Let's hear your ideas!

(Hint: A gladiator-type arena is in the works; it will be a game in itself with major opportunities for character development and little effect on the main quest.)

3. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I'm hoping for great dungeon design, with great puzzle elements. I like exploration for exploration's sake, too :)

4. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    I would like to see some sort of time travel / parallel dimention elements in the game. Also before someone suggested romance, guess it would be a bit different too most RPG's. I like it more realistic, lol.
    Also i would like to see more exploration, stuff like dungeons, caves, mountains. One final thing i would like to see is different in game weather patterns. Dont know if this can be done but it would be cool, example lets say you goto a different town / part of the game it could be raining or there could be a storm.

There just some ideas that i would like to see in an RPG game.

5. Muz333

Muz333 Active Member

May 7, 2012
    Microbiologist.
    UK
    It sounds like this game is well on the way, so it's hard to give input to a game that already has the framework complete. Anyway seeing as I never posted when this thread was created which I thought I did to be honest but I must have just read it, here is my input:

*I enjoy TBRPG and would like a game in the style of FFI-FFX.
    * I like stats to play a role (along with a random element so as attacks don't always do the exact same damage) and have the ability to customise stat progression to shape my characters into pure warriors or warrior/healer hybrids etc.
    *I like the loot to be vendor/chest dependent rather than random battle awards.
    *I enjoy the ability to grind when I want to and overpower certain encounters such as scripted bosses so I don't like systems that prevents this such as scaling enemy levels.
    *An engaging storyline is a bonus but this is not a neccessity to me as long as there is some form of storyline.
    *Side quests, optional dungeons, secrets (think hidden rooms) and puzzles are a must as exploration has to feel rewarding.
    *I think some form of special attack is also a good idea. Think limit breaks from FF games, unite attacks from Cthulhu Saves the World and the break attacks from Symphony of Eternity.
    *Last of all but the most important, I am more than happy to pay £5-12 for a good portable RPG experience as long as it doesn't contain IAP, unless IAPs are an expansion pack I will refuse to buy any game that contains them.

Following that formula it would be impossible for me not to like the game. Really looking forward to hearing about the storyline and seeing the screenshots and trailers in the coming weeks.

6. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Haven't heard anything in a while. Just wondering how progress is going :)

7. lendo

lendo Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We're back!

Hello again,

Boy, did I underestimate the time it would take to finish this game! But rest assured, the game is alive and well! I've added so much content and spent so much time perfecting the game engine and map color scheme... but now it's essentially just down to animations for certain parts of the game!

In fact, we have launched a Kickstarter campaign to finish this project and get it running. Check it out!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1204814856/pixel-crusader

And remember, your comments and ideas played a very formative role in the development of Pixel Crusader! Check out what your ideas have become, and help support the game!