A Monster Ate My Homework New App Starting FREE

Discussion in 'Mac App Store Games' started by fayju, Mar 11, 2011.

1. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    A Monster Ate My Homework has Just been released on the Mac App Store.
    And we are starting it off FREE this weekend.
    Its a 80 Level 3d block physics puzzle game, please enjoy and let me know how you get on with it
    you can find it on the Mac App Store here

Also A Monster Ate My Homework also is a Universal iOS game released early december 2010, there is a forum thread here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tofusoup

tofusoup Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Game Designer
    San Francisco
    I'll check it out. I liked it during the Kongregate contest.

3. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    looks nice, thanks :)

4. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    It's actually a fun boom blox-like game, thanks again for the freebie :)

ps. the iphone game "mouse about" uses your same music track...

5. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

No problem, glad you like it. Will check out mouse about

6. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Quite a good game, and for free everyone should check it out. Leaving a review on the app store.

7. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    top free app in Italy

congrats!

8. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

Thanks! we're really excited, as we were not expecting any one to notice to be honest so we left it free for a while longer.
    We're also Number 1 free game in US and Germany and top ten free game in many countries.
    We've been getting great feedback too. Its all good news and of course extra incentive to get the update out.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #9 crunc, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
    This looks fun. Boom Blox variant is always a good idea. Downloading now. Thanks for making it free.

EDIT: and I just tried it. At first I was somewhat offput by how it wasn't like Boom Blocks in that there were unlimited balls, but then I got it. The idea is to *not* knock of the homework, which is where the challenge lay. Fun game!

I hope you'll leave it free another day or two so my Mom can download it too. :)

10. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. It should be free for a bit longer so tell your mom!
    I've not actually played Boom Blox, I'm aware of it and have seen some vids over the years of course. It gets mentioned so much around monsters I think I will just have to go and buy a copy and play the hell out of it - Something to do this weekend. :0)

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Get the sequel: Boom Blox Bash Party. It's better and last I checked didn't cost any more, though the original is great too.

12. sam the lion

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    yeah, I have the original and a friend of mine has the sequel. It's great fun in local multiplayer.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Awesome, I would have paid for this on iOS (not on Mac simply 'cause I don't buy Mac games) but for free I'll definitely check it out and give you a review :)

14. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

#14 fayju, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Enjoy! it went to number 1 free app in the US today, so we're happy to keep it free.
    There is a lite version on the iPhone/iPad(Universal app) with 16 completely different levels too -here

15. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I thought I'd come back to say that my Mom got the game and said about it, "Goofy fun." I think you can consider that a win. :)

One thing about that - she found the process of getting the game confusing as heck. Not any fault of yours, rather with the way the Mac App Store works. I sent her a link, but when she clicked on it her email it launched the Mac App Store, but didn't go to the game. I told her to click the link again, which seems to then bring it up, but I forgot to tell her that for some reason the Mac App Store stays in the background, so she didn't think it worked. Anyway, eventually she was able to get the game. I hope Apple fixes this problem soon. Makes it hard for me to send game and app recommendations to my Mom or others.

16. fayju

fayju Well-Known Member

Thats great news. I may add "goofy fun" to the description :0)
    On the accessibility front , I guess the Mac AppStore is still pretty new. Besides, I am not fully sure what the correct protocol for sending a link is, just yet. I sent a link to some friends and not all of them even had the Mac AppStore yet as they hadn't upgraded their system.
    Its still emerging and evolving bit like the AppStore 2 or maybe 3 years ago. But i think it will get bigger and more exciting over the next year as more people gain access.