A little bit of accessory advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by FinalGamerAC, May 25, 2009.

1. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Ok so i've only had my iPod Touch 2g since the begining of May. I already have almost all of the big name games and am now hunting down stuff that falls through the cracks and getting some add ons for it.

So i already have a pack of immerse silicon cases from griffin and I like them so im now looking towards getting a mic adapter(plug headphones in = mic etc..) so i was thinking about this:
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/smarttalk
    Griffin Smart Talk does anyone know if its any good?

Also i have a old usb wall charger and car charger which unfortunatly dont work with my ipod so i was looking into getting a cheap set. Any recommendations? I was thinking this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Charger-Travel-Itouch-Generation/dp/B001TJTAUC/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243187624&sr=1-9

And last of all does anyone have a FM Transmitter they recommend because I look around the net and most of them seem around the same price with the same features.
    Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  4. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have the Incase Slider Case.
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl56200/1
    I picked it up a BestBuy. Some may say it's "expensive" for what you get, but it's exactly what I want. It's extremely thin, which I love, but I doubt it will be very protective if dropped on a hard surface from even a moderate distance. Even so, it gets the job done. I don't have to worry about finger prints and scratches on the shiny back, and it provides a little bit of grip. I don't have a protective screen cover. Knock on wood... but it's glass, and I haven't managed to scratch it yet. KNOCK ON WOOD, KNOCK ON WOOD.

I have the Apple AC adapter, which is good, but the cord is extremely short, which is super annoying if you actually like playing games or surfing the web while plugged in.

I got the Griffin AC pack... it came with a wall plug and a car charger. The wire is 6 feet long, which is good. BUT I later found out that it's ONLY a charger, so while your iPod is plugged in, you will get NO sound. Not a big deal when you're just using Safari, or are planning to leave your iPod to charge on its own... but there will be no music, video sound or game sound while it's plugged in. :( Eventually, I stopped using it and went back to the Apple charger (and just bought a longer surge protector to compensate for length). So beware.

I have the Apple In-Ear headphones with mic. They are SUPER comfortable in my ears. I love how they fit. The cords are a little flimsy. They don't feel much different from the stock white buds. I have the Bose in-ears, and at least the cords have a more "quality" feel to them. Beware (again) though, that while the Apple in-ears work fine in my iPod touch and MacBook, they FAIL in non-apple products. They do not work in my Creative Zen. So if you're planning on using the headphones in any non-Apple products, I'd look at the alternatives.

5. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    lol
    I happen to like the silicon cover i have i dont need anything fancy for it its just a case id rather spend the 20 bucks i saved on something else.
    Yeah i know there are ones with matte covering etc and all that but i just bought it so the back would stop getting scratched up.
    im just am fine with what i have. i dont need a case guys.

also not to sound like a jerk but your response to ac and dc chargers was a FAIL did you not see where i said CHEAP lol. I have two sets already that dont work for it(they were bought for other things before i ever got the touch) and for some reason they do not out put to it one set is 500mah and the other is 1000mah ac and 500 mah dc and neither work so id rather not spend a crap load on stuff i already have. Belkin brand.

also i was not planning on buying the smart talk i meant i was thinking of something like that. im am actually willing to pay good money for the mic adapter and fm transmitters since i dont already have them. so i think i may buy the apple mic
    fm transmitter anyone?

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Ok, that's why I told you to get the Apple one, which is guaranteed to work. Sorry that you spent $229+ on a device, and it seems tons on apps and are too cheap to buy some accessories to keep it looking good. Whatever. I gave my input, I'm out.