iPhone A.I.R Defense! (Working game by us and for YOU) :P

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by colorbox.games, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Monolith

Monolith Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    The reason companies usually seem "overly PC" is because being *too* sensitive doesn't hurt sales, but not being PC enough *can* cost sales.

I'm sure 99% of people think the name Pentagon Defence is fine. But that's not the point... when you do this for a living, you want the game to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. Needlessly retaining a name that has the potential to take money out of your pocket just doesn't make sense.

It's the same reason that most retailers these days decorate their stores for "The Holidays" and not Christmas, even though the vast majority of people in the US are Christian.

That said, I'm not trying to start an argument, and I'm not going to take it personally if he keeps the name. I'm just offering some advice.

2. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Yah, I love the name too and the fact that changing name at this moment will require kind of more works since we did a lot with the old name.

Moreover, if you're a beta testers, you will find that the pentagon shape is only 1 map of the game and we're planning for 10, so this is not enough meaning to cover the whole game too.

However, I'm glad that you like "Pentagon Defense" as I'm too.

3. idragoncool

idragoncool Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Rock Musician
    Will this be a Universal app :D?

4. jessicalolz

jessicalolz Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    California
    from what i saw, the game name is going to be changed also, right?

5. antony.thai

We're considering this right now and decide to delay the iPad support 2 weeks after the iPhone release as we're investing for some more exclusive features for iPad build. The decision of this will be made later. Will keep you informed.

6. antony.thai

@Moderators: Can you please change the topic name to A.I.R Defense: Air Force International Regiment as it's the new game name of Pentagon Defense right now.

7. antony.thai

Hi again, this is not a spam, can someone help me to change the topic name?

8. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Are you serious with the name change.. The new one is pretty bad imho.

9. antony.thai

Yes, I'm pretty sure of it because more than 50% of testers love it including the publisher... :p Do you have a suggestion my friend?

10. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    How's about Pentagon A.I.R Defence :)

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Yeah, AIR Defense.

12. antony.thai

Actually, we're worrying about the Pentagon word....

13. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    #113 Howlingwolf, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    Why it's a shape of the building you have in the centre is it not if you do go for A.I.R defence I would personally drop the long bit at the end in the title and just add it too the title screen in game most games get remembered with short snappy titles

14. antony.thai

This long name only appear in the app description of the game only, we will go with only A.I.R Defense with the icon, moreover, the pentagon shape of the building is only 1 map of the game and don't describe enough the full game actually. We are really exciting playing A.I.R Defense right now, I hope the rest iPhone gamer feel the same too. :)

15. Howlingwolf

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I see A.I.R Defense is good then I'm looking forward to playing it how far away from release are you :)

16. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Well you can check uspto.gov for such stuff

For example there is a trademark on ari defender ... If they get bored they could sue you because the names are sounding close..

To be honest if you really worry about that let a lawyer check on that.. Or let your publisher do it.

I think the name is way too long and very cheesy.. Air defense sounds somewhat more generic than pentagon defense..

As for the name covering all gameplay.. Well air command doesnt fit the. Either because you are not defending the air but your base..

And i dont think you need to squeeze everything into the name..
    Cut the rope for examole hat alot more gameplay than only cutting a rope..
    The core target in the game was to feed omn nom. so going by your logic it would rather be titled "feed omn nom"

Well i honestly dont know.. I liked the pentagon defense..

As for the sub titel.. No one cares about them really.. And its even cheesier..

Thats an uneccessary tail.. Which wont be rendered good at all on the appstore either.. Search for some longer names on the appstore you will see that they get cut of with ..... If its too long.. And 2 rowed titles in the header of the detail page doesnt look good either..

But its your game your descision.. But dont rely to much on the yes sayer.. Most people are too nice to tell you the truth..or too polite..

And my offer stands still to take a look into the beta of your game if you want.

17. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    You must not be on the same Internet as the rest of us ;).

I said it and meant it. I really like Pentagon Defense. It fits this game perfectly.

18. dizzyjw

dizzyjw Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    It will forever be known as Pentagon Defense to me. There is my 2 cents!!! Thank you come again...

19. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Guys, I believe apple did not accept the title.

20. mr.Ugly

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I did not quote you.. I responded to the 50%+ betatester who think an 5mile long name will do any good