A Good Fast-Paced Action-RPG.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Obi-Wan00, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Try out Battleheart-esque action/strategy/RPG titles like Sefirah and Fantasy Adventure.

I know these have been mentioned before too but im putting it here anyways.

Heroes Call
    ORC Vengeance
    Wraithborne
    Rage of the Gladiator
    Ravensword 2
    TWEWY
    Drakerider

2. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    I will try dragón knight 4 then...

3. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    Bastion ;)
    you will not regret ;)

4. frisbee10461

frisbee10461 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Top 3 RPGs

For me, my favorite RPGs are Heroes Call, Orc: Vengeance, and Swordigo.

5. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I thought that as well, but the story, gameplay, and reward for leveling up/getting more skills more than make up for it. I enjoyed it, was actually glued to it and couldn't stop playing.

6. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I wouldn't recommended Bastion if you are looking for a more RPG action experience like Zenonia. Meanwhile, Bastion may be an unique experience,but it lacked deeper customizations and deeper gameplay.

7. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    well yeah bastion didnt have much RPG-like experience such as zenonia, but it has its own unique style & gameplay. If you prefer games like zenonia, try The Bard's Tale. It is very good : true RPG + humor

8. ShamusLowlander

ShamusLowlander Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Good Action RPGs?

I'm on an iPhone 4s, looking for a good action rpg. Preferably a 3d one, not a krpg- feel free to suggest a krpg if its really good though. Thanks :)
    Some that ive already played:
    Dungeon Hunter 2
    Pocket RPG

9. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    #49 cretpetpet, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Why not krpg? Whyyyyyyyy

Ps: 3D game: aralon, ifinity blade,
    Maybe the spartan dude, the... I forgot the game's name

10. n00sipher

n00sipher Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Engineer
    Philippines
    Orc Vengeance has a good story. Also try The Gods: Rebellion and Galaxy on Fire 2 which is free right now.

11. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    I enjoyed Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan.

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    IMHO, Bastion has pretty deep customization, between weapons that all work and handle differently, weapon upgrade system and it's synergies, lots of special attacks of which you can only equip one at a time, equipped drinks that fulfill the role of armor/amulets and, finally, the idols.
    It also has great presentation, narration, controls and is an allround great game. IMHO, everybody should play it ;) and for people interested in ARPGs it is a must.

Bard's Tale is also a fun game, with quality writing and voice-acting. It is a very decent port of a full-length PS2 game, so there is a lot of content. Gameplay does get a little repetitive, IMHO, but everything else makes up for it.

The World Ends with You also has a pretty unique action gameplay that many seem to love, with lots of customization. I am personally lukewarm on it, but it does have lots of good ideas and of course it is another full-length, full-featured port with quality presentation.

Tried first Zenonia back then, and couldn't get into it. I thought that it had terrible controls at the time, though it may have been remedied in the updates since. It was also very, very repetitive and had very modest production values. IMHO, YMMV.

13. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    I cant BASTION, iphone 4 its not supported :( damn i been waitng a lot for this one!! Theres one coming that looks like zelda from gamecube dont remember the name right now...but looks fine.

Maybe ill try zenonia5 in the meantime...

I dont have any problems with Krpgs, just they are too many Lol

14. Obi-Wan00

Obi-Wan00 Member

May 10, 2009
    LOVING Dungeon Hunter 4 right now!!! Yeah