A game studio's Diary.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by redfirm, Oct 26, 2010.

1. redfirm

redfirm Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    #1 redfirm, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    hey guys, im new to touch arcade and first and foremost i would like to introduce myself.

My name is Pourya and I am the lead game designer/co-founder of Bizon Entertainment.

Bizon entertainment is located in the Netherlands and excists out of 3 people (including me). this is the first time that we are developing a game for the mobile market and we are bringing all our experiences that we gained while working on projects for the consoles and pc.

we want to share our knowledge with the community and hopefully also learn something back.

I will update this Threat on a weekly basis from 1 november and I would appriciate if you guys could give us feedback when needed.

Bizon’s Diary Part 1. Getting Started

[​IMG]
    As I write this I remember how long I had to wait before I could show our baby to the world. For the last few months we been really busy setting up our office space and making sure all the papers are filled in correctly but once that was done we needed to start working on our first game.

Fly ( working title ) is the first game that we as a studio are putting on the market and we found out how different the mobile industry is compared to the high end games that we made for major platform. it’s kind of hectic starting out as a new studio, you got to make sure that you got all the software and equipment that you need and I don’t want to sound weird or anything, but I could almost cry when I heard how long we have to wait for apple to accept us as a developer, but they did and here we are trying to clear the obstacles that are thrown at a starting game studio.

It’s kind of hard to come up with a original concept when you’re competing with so many other great titles from all these talented people, but I think we did. Fly ( working title ) won’t be a game changer, but it’s going to be a game that is fun and keeps people entertained. we are not only trying to make fly a fun game, but we are also trying to give it a recognizable face by making sure our game character has its own unique traits.

We have been working on our main character for a while now and we finely reached a point where we got what we wanted. Our lead game artist is still modeling the character and working on the animations, while our Programmer is making sure that game engine is working perfectly. We are currently working on the IPhone version of Fly which will be 3D side scrolling. If your wondering what the game is all about then make sure you keep following us, because there are lots and lots of updates coming from now on.

for more information visit www.bizon-ent.com

2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    We are a 3 man team as well. Gotta love how low the barrier to entry is with the iOS!

Nice to meet ya, welcome, and looking forwards to reading your diary! :D

3. CodeCritical

CodeCritical Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Welcome to the forums! We're a small group too. Can't wait to hear how things progress for you!

4. redfirm

Oct 19, 2010
    Thanks

Thank you guys for showing interest. Nice to see that there are other small groups here. if you have posted some cool projects pm me so i can check them out.

5. SRPartners

SRPartners Member

Oct 4, 2010
    4 man team here.

6. FlagellumDei

FlagellumDei Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Male
    Programmer
    2 man studio. It seems that most of us have small teams.

7. Real Inverse

Real Inverse Well-Known Member

We are two person team also. :p

8. redfirm

Oct 19, 2010
    wow haha hey guys, nice to meet you all

9. redfirm

Oct 19, 2010
    guys i uploaded the first part of the diary to our site and i also updated this threat.

10. CodeCritical

CodeCritical Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2010
    LOVE him!! Can't wait to see what more is to come.

11. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

I've been working with three experienced friends right now, and the dream of becoming a game studio is now a possibility!

Cheers and good luck! ;)

12. redfirm

Oct 19, 2010
    Guys i uploaded part 2 of the diary to http://bizon-ent.com/?p=74

go check it out and follow us on twitter, we will follow you back

twitter.com/bizon_ent

13. The art look gorgeous, really looking forward to see more!

14. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Good luck!

Nice to meet you and best of luck in the future!

15. HMAudio

HMAudio Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Audio Designer
    Toronto
    Love seeing things like this - keep on with the great work!

16. redfirm

Oct 19, 2010
  17. Krehol Games

Krehol Games Well-Known Member

welcome

Welcome to our group , we wish you all the success in the world!!!

18. A man and a woman group here! (actually my wife)

Great art by the way ;)

19. rhansson

rhansson Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you and good luck!

We made our first app in 2007 (2 people). Now we are between 6 and 7.

20. pchukwura

pchukwura Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Co-Founder/Software Engineer
    Atlanta
    Nice art!
    We are also a two-person show here. It really seems that the iOS platform has allowed a fresh breath of air to what was becoming(or already was) a big corp business.