iPad A Doodle Flight

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eggzbacon, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    ha ha, you beat me, i was just about to make a thread

yeah, it does look interesting

2. jerm71

jerm71 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    indeed. playing the lite now

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    This kind of grafix really appeals to me. Would have picked it up straight away had there been no lite version :eek: . But lets try out the lite first.

4. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    I like the game, only tried out the lite version though, I think it would be nice to let the players grab the power ups, like be able to move their ships around than to wait for the power up to reach them. The game is also pretty easy, but again I only treid the lite version. The graphics are reallly awesome, I think this game could go pretty big ;D

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Finally, a game about shooting angels and doves. This game could plant the seed for a whole new genre. I'm in. Sold.

6. samoreg

samoreg Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    It's quite fun. I also love the paper/hand drawn graphics.

7. NYKane

NYKane Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I really dig the graphics on this. Fun!

8. Jerry1923

Jerry1923 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    So my strategy is totally wrong? I know what most companies' doing are simply releasing a lite version after the paid version has released for a certain long time.

It seems I totally go wrong, what I am doing is releasing both the paid and lite version at the same time. It certainly will decrease my selling on paid version, am I right?

9. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #10 Alichan76, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    Not if its good...if its good then surely people will want to have the full experience. Good luck. I will down load the Lite now:)

EDIT: Scratch that last comment. It's only compatible with 2nd Gen Touch!!! I guess I will never know if its good then. To be honest, if there is a flaw in your sales strategy, it would be not letting us 1G owners play your game...

10. Jerry1923

Jul 19, 2009
    May I ask you what error symptoms when it is installing on 1st Gen Touch?

11. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    It's not a error symptom, it's just that it's set to only "compatible" with iPhones and iPod 2nd Gen because the dev may have forgotten to set the compatibility to allow 1Gs.
    Thus I'm unable to install it. I picked it up from a promo code though.

12. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    a doodle flight

i tried this game out and i really liked it. this game has "stages" and at the end of each stage comes a boss. These bosses take up almost all of your lives but there is a feature in this game which i have wanted in many other games. If you lose all your lives and bombs, you are able to continue the game without losing your place. I only realized this after but im pretty sure you get up to 5 continues. This is so that you can keep on playing without having to start all over again.

I do suggest that the dev impliments a few things in a future update. Upgradable ships (or new ones), an online leaderboard, a few more weapons to help beat bosses (like missiles), and a way to win back lives.

I really like how this game works. Instead of having to hold your finger down the whole game the ship constantly shoots bullets. there is really no difference between the two ships apart from style. From what i saw they both shoot the same. Overall this game is very fun and can become very addicting. this game has graphics similar to doodle jump and scribattle, but its gameplay is all its own.

I give this game a 4 out of 5 because of its interesting gameplay and the continue feature. This game can become better if it has an online leaderboard, a few more weapons, and a way to win back lives.

13. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Sure, it just says 'The app Doodle Flight Lite' was not installed on the ipod because it is not compatible'
    It's not the first time this has happened to be honest. I got the impression that it is something to do with developers ticking the wrong box on the game submission form. Could that be it? Or is there another reason?

14. Jerry1923

Jul 19, 2009
    I've just changed on the requirements setting from:
    Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation) to
    Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch

Apple should be updated soon.
    I don't know if this can solve the problem.

By the way, I am planing to make a lot of updates on the game, feel free to give me some comments.