Universal A Dark Room (by Amirali Rajan)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Loda74

Loda74 Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I'm just on a no huts play through and wondering how to rebuild traps? The builder is out of action ATM.

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #122 dancj, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    Once your builder is out of action you're near the end of the game. You won't get to build any more traps.

3. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    I've just made it near the end on my iPad without building any huts this time - and I've had a couple of unsuccessful attempts at flying the starship.

Now though as soon as I take off the game bombs out back to the springboard. I'm not sure if this is caused by the recent update.

Any ideas how to salvage this? I don't want to go back to the beginning again.

4. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    #124 Rythan, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    I just finished the game and I am speechless.. I'd like to congratulate the developer of this game for being a rebel in this full of IAP games and so graphical appealing focusing games lurking around in the AppStore.. This game was an emotional journey for me and I reccomend this game to anyone that can see through the visuals and keep the essential meaning which is the story.

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Now FREE (for a limited time obviously)! Don't miss that, folks. Highly recommended!

6. 9x16

9x16 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    EST/EDT
    Free again.

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
  8. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I have a suggestion: Bring this game to steam.... I have pretty much moved from mobile to PC and I would like to take some of my best games with me but it ain't possible lol. Please bring this game to steam and I'll play it all the time, thanks

9. autofire

autofire Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    I felt the same. Absolutely blown away, this is what mobile gaming should be. Made me feel and think in new ways.

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    No doubt about it. One of the best out there.

Have you tried Device 6? It made me feel the same in some sense.

11. johnkittz

johnkittz Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2017
    One of the best text adventure games I've ever played, it has resource managing, decision impacts, and multiple endings, well worth the 0.99

12. ikaslika

ikaslika Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    i am not fun of textual games but i like horror games,hmm...maybe it's time to just try this :confused:

13. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    ADR is a great game which inspired Dawn of Crafting with its unfolding mechanics.

14. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    If I'm not wrong, the latest updated has added 'A rusty knife' to your inventory. Anyone knows what it does? There seems to be no way to equip it in the 'embark' screen. I beat the game again, No huts, and it didn't seem to change anything.

15. Analander

Analander Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Just wondering if a 'no death' run is possible... I've already managed to unlock the iron mine without dying... I guess the key would be to keep fighting weak enemies until your punches are buffed to the max, while making sure you carry a ton of cured meats with you.

I'm wondering if its worth the effort to attempt such a run, or if it will change anything story-wise.