Universal _PRISM (by Clint Siu) [First game to come out of Stugan]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I would call it more of a tech demo or proof of concept than a full game (and as metalcasket suggested, it would be perfect as a preinstalled game). I know that sounds like an insult, but it is a REALLY GOOD tech demo, etc. I imagine this was a monumental achievement to go from a Stugan project to realizing it to this point, and I in no way wish to diminish that, yet the consumer in me longs for more.

I absolutely encourage people to buy it, as long as they understand what they are getting. Hopefully, many will and That will enable further development. There would seem to be a solid structure in place. What I don't want to hear is people griping about spending 3 bucks on something so short. It says right there in the app description that it is a short. It is also delightful and amazing. Glad I bought it.

2. Yeah, that's why I mentioned the length several times in my review -- so people don't complain they wasted their money on a short game.
    I am confused by reviews that took off stars with their only complaint being the length, though.

3. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    AppUnwrapper,

Your review was very helpful (along with the video playthrough).

The abstract puzzles are far too simple from what I saw so far. How difficult do they get beyond the earlier "tutorial" levels?

4. The square and pentagon levels have some tricky puzzles. It's not consistent, though. Sometimes one that took me a while to solve was followed by a really short and easy level. As a whole, I really enjoyed it but would love to see more clever puzzles -- kind of like how MV added trickier puzzles later on.

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Is there any replay value or is it an enjoy it and delete it?

6. I've been having some fun going back just to zoom in and out on things and take cool photos. Other than that, not really -- unless you just want to replay the puzzles. There's no achievements or timers, if that's what you're looking for.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Nope, just if yhe puzzles are fun/ unique enough to want to play again.

8. I played the game twice, once on my iPad and once on my iPhone. Some puzzles did trip me up a bit both times. But most won't.

9. Yosef.Yu

Yosef.Yu Member

Jan 25, 2016
    cool one-man made game

10. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Working through my backlog and finished this game.

There has already been said enough about what it is so I'll leave that out.

The graphics are very crisp and the game still plays butter smooth on my air 2.
    The controls are well made and work pretty much flawlessly on an iPad, not sure about iPhones.
    The difficulty is very good, ramping up slowly but things do get more complex the further you play, only the very last 2-3 puzzles were a bit of a let down. They vary in size and stages so to speak and I feel like there could have been a better balance toward the end.

Someone mentioned, that this game is more like a tech demo and I half agree with him. It is a bit short and for 3-4€ I think that you find games with way more depth, but at the same time, I do think that this game is very unique and an experience worth checking out for a buck or two.

Overall 4/5.