Universal 9th Dawn III (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Oct 6, 2020.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Leg traps are for damaging enemies....... according to its description.

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I do not own an android device, so I cannot answer your question.

You might want to check the Steam forum as well. There are many questions answers by the dev.

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Tell me you are using the bait first.

4. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I just checked and the iOS version doesn’t use the File Sharing protocol.
    When connecting your iOS device to a PC and looking at the Files folder through iTunes, or in my case iMazing, if an app or game uses File Sharing you are then able to access the save files.

Mr Developer, can you look at adding File Sharing to 9th Dawn III please?

While it is a cumbersome method at least it does allow transferring a save file from iOS to PC and vice versa.

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    lol yes...but there is a question of how much bait to use. If the heart never changes color (maybe the video I saw was an early version?) then it would seem as soon as you have any heart you should start using snares. I used a bunch of bait and didn't get a green heart, but using the wrong trap might have thrown me.

Now that I have some pets, it's tricky that you cant see them when they are dead, and you can't revive them if you aren't nearby them. I only have 1 pet for each character right now, but I could easily imagine with a few more pets, them dying and not being able to find them.

Someone asked about being able to stop pets and companions from attacking monsters you are trying to capture: there is a wait command you can use (2nd page menus) for the other PC.

Is the hunting guide still bugged? I am at 0% even though some of the bars are filled and the ones I captured are checked.

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If I recall correctly, green heart means the monster took enough baits to take a trap, and the red heart means the monster is ready to be captured.

That said. pets are useless in combat. While eventually they become beefy enough to survive, their damage is abysmal, and cannot serve as meat shields as well because enemies will prioritize the player.

7. yarielist

yarielist Member

Oct 11, 2020
    #147 yarielist, Oct 13, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Basically :
    1. Feed them with bait until they puke ... NOT, until they don't eat anymore ...
    2. Use The trap for bait (Snare)
    3. If you fail repeat step 1
    4. If you success (green Heart) TALK to the animal, it will become your pet now ...

in case you still fail :
    1. Your skill is not enough
    2. You need better trap / Snare
    3. There's "Chance of Success" in this capturing too (raised by your skill, Ability, and the trap you use ...

Solarclipse likes this.
  8. yarielist

yarielist Member

Oct 11, 2020
    Depend on what pet actually, Horn Crab have plenty of HP while Dark Spider have BAD HP stock ...

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #149 stubbieoz, Oct 13, 2020
    Having damage numbers the same colour, red, for both your character and the enemies is not good.
    Very hard to tell how hard I’m hitting..... actually..... make that impossible. ;)

EDIT;
    Also I keep accidentally dragging the far left and right items/abilities in the hot bar from their slot when using the joysticks, which makes them disappear, usually when fighting gets hectic and I need them the most. :(

This is on my big iPad Pro.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    So I decided to invest into creature capture, and after going around the world, this is how my army of pets looks like.

As of my last post, I said the color of the heart reversed. Red heart means the monster ate the bait and ready to take a trap, while green means the monster is pacified and ready to be captured. It seems there are some creatures that cannot be captured. You can tell this by whether a creature eats a bait or not.

Attached Files:

11. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    @Jstorm you’ve left more comments than just about anyone in this thread, so, can I ask: what’s your opinion on this title? Can you give a thorough report on your views of this game?? I respect your opinion and am strictly curious.
    I bought it, and instantly fell in love with it. Cheers all!!!

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #152 Jstorm, Oct 13, 2020
    I think it’s a good open world ARPG if you know what kind of a character you want to play as, and if you are someone that can ignore very roughly balanced combat, as well as many QoL problems.

The game lets you play as practically any class you can think of from other ARPGs, and as long as you stick to the initial direction and invest into the endurance, you won’t get stuck.

The biggest pros of the game is probably the range of contents available. On top of the large world with dozens of dungeons, there is crafting system, the pet system, and the card game (which I have no interest) that should keep you busy for a good 100 hours for each character.

The cons are the balancing of the combat as well as many QoL elements.

Around level 30, your character would be practically invincible, and it doesn’t change even at the later stage of the game. This is due to the combination of damage reduction from armor being too effective, combined with extremely high health pool and overly effective health restoration skills. I can literally just stand in the middle of a room full of enemies and my health won’t go below 90%.

Offensive spells are quite game breaking as well. Not only are they powerful, but there are spells that ignores wall, that can pierce through enemies, with the effective area that can cover 1/4 of the screen, which searches enemies, and that is spammable. Combined with the mana regeneration spell that can always top your mana, the combat becomes pretty boring as a mage. Not that melee combat is interesting, with very limited number of melee offensive skills and no block mechanics.

Equipment requirements are questionable as well. While weapons have stat requirements, not for armor. So, a mage type character with no points invested into the strength can wear heavy armor and shields without a problem, and achieve the same defensive stat as a warrior. Also the damage of weapons with dexterity requirements can only boosted by the strength stats... I don’t know why.

There are too many QoL things to list here.

Overall, even though the current state of the game is a chimera of many game elements stitched together that require serious balancing, the amount of contents the game provide make this game still worth your time.

13. yarielist

yarielist Member

Oct 11, 2020
    Wow, did you also give pet to "Nameless" too ?
    that was a nice parade ...
    I also don't understand why some gamer says pet is weak, I mean, just by having Wolf as your pet, and you pit them against other wolf, your pet version is definitely stronger even at Lv.5 (and buffed by Evolution, Skill rearing, and Abilities ... isn't that already TOO POWERFUL ? (even if you comparing with their special rare version / Red Named, put Lv.20 without any Abilities and low skill, your pet can still win easily)

Question :
    I know Boss enemies can't be captured, but rare special (Red Named) enemies, can you capture them ?

14. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So I played the previous title on IOS but this time opted for the Switch edition which I’m enjoying greatly.

However on the switch, there is a massive bug where if you cast the spell that increases your magical spell power, it not only never expires, it stacks.

So now, at level 45, I’m able to cast fireballs that deal 20,000,000 damage a time!

I reached out to the dev on Reddit but no reply. So now I’m thinking if this bug doesn’t exist on IOS I will buy this version instead and start again without this game-breaker.

Can someone try it out and let me know?

Jamie

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    If it doesn’t expire and stacks, then no one would want to try testing since doing so might break the game. While I use the spell myself, I went straight to the third tier, which isn’t bugged. Also, 30k damage, which can be achieved without the bug is enough to one shot majority of late game monsters.

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    All the monsters belong to the main character. It’s just the 10 creature party limit isn’t working with the current version.

Regarding the pet strength, I think it depends on what pets are compared to. I built my character as a mage, and compared to the effectiveness of spells, pets are weak. They are nothing but the visual clutter. For someone that focuses on melee, or chose to use bow/cross bow, pets may become useful.

17. yarielist

yarielist Member

Oct 11, 2020
    oh yeah, for capturing pet ...
    MAKE SURE YOU DON'T DAMAGE THE CREATURE ...
    Damaging will make it unable to be captured ...
    (you can abuse this tough by infinitely feeding it, Feed MAX > Trap > Feed MAD > Trap > etc)

indeed compared yourself, support thingie definitely weaker ...
    but for more relaxing Dungeon walking, I still use pets (to farm item and special equipment from special monster) etc ...

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Another issue I’ve found... opened a chest in Loryk’s castle and found inside...

111 intelligence scrolls!

Bit of overkill I think ;-)

I’m now level 49 with over 200 intelligence!

19. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks everyone - just to let you know there's a new iOS update coming with a bunch of fixes and improvements!

Badmanj sorry about the Switch version, it has some bugs many of which are now fixed- but it takes 10+ days to get a patch approved with Nintendo unfortunately.

I'll look into File Sharing ability but honestly I don't know anything about that! The game is made with Unity - if anyone has any help

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    how did you get to such a high level ? I’m only level 18 and struggling in a lot of dungeons !