Universal 9th Dawn III (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #101 Jstorm, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    The amount of charcoal required for smelting really needs some overhaul. The ratio of amount of ore vs charcoal you obtain by mining is 2:1, but the amount required for smelting is 1:2 or 1:3.

Am I missing the mining site dedicated to charcoal or something?

Honestly, I think the charcoal should be removed.

2. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Does it support cloud saving?

3. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks so much I really appreciate that!

4. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Sorry if I've missed any questions, either some have been answered or fixed by a patch-

Regarding Charcoal - yes I heard this is an issue, I'll be looking into it very soon!

There is another patch on the way (hopefully today) which fixes a lot of other stuff too!

No iCloud support (yet?)

Thanks so much everyone for your support!

stubbieoz and Solarclipse like this.
  5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Among many QoL stuff, can you implement the numerical health/mana values asap?

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    #106 Ghostdog1, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    I truely love 9th Dawn III. Its a hell of a good game. It feels a bit like the Stardew Valley of RPG games. So much choices for the character and so many ways to progress is just wow. :)
    The devs really did listen to the players about what was missing or confusing in the previous games of the series. Now there is no chance i get lost on the worldmap or dungeon anymore like i did in 9th Dawn 2. I mean dont get me wrong, every dungeon is a bit of a puzzle itself to get it to 100%. But thats part of the fun.
    Im superduper happy and thankful for all the love the devs put into this game.

Although its a quite perfect game i have one last suggestion. Is there a way to toggle on/off the part of the screen/HUD, where all found things are written on? Although its a bit transparent, its still blocking the view on enemies in many cases. Its good to see what i loot, but i would prefer to turn it off or have the options to turn the letters more transparent.

7. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    bought!
    would like to play tomorrow

8. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Sorry - I don’t mean to spam my question, but I was just curious if it would ever be possible to add a zoom function + fixed joystick option? The zoom function would be extremely helpful since some of the game elements are a bit small on my 8+, and I wouldn’t mind trading FOV for better readability. The fixed joystick is more of a preference, it’s just easier to tap once on the pad to move instead of having to tap + drag to move.

Again, neither of these are dealbreakers, but they’d be greatly appreciated it possible. I’m really loving the game so far, it’s awesome to have a game like this on the go! :D

EDIT: Also, what exactly does the Battery Saver do to save power? Less FPS, lower graphical quality, reduced effects, etc? I wasn’t really able to tell what it affects.

9. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks so much! The text toggle is a frequently requested thing so yeah I think it'd be suitable to do it at some point soon! Thank you!

Thanks so much for you support! :D

I think fixed joypads will be coming soon as people keep requesting - im not sure i can easily do the overall zoom but we'lll see!

Battery save is supposed to reduce FPS to 30 instead of 60, but im not entirely sure its working at the moment, sorry about that!

Thanks so much for your support!

stubbieoz likes this.
  10. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Version 1.21 now available!

----

- Able to dismount Camel using the roll button
    - Mundurl in Holdune shop fixed
    - Heal Friend and Regen Friend stop targetting bosses
    - Regen friends buffed
    - Healing/buffing party members no longer hurting them
    - "All Party" spells now effect companion aswell
    - Cooldown reduced for revive III
    - Cooldown reduced for self-heal
    - Cooldown reduced for heal party spells
    - Increase Hirn Scale droprate
    - Give WeaponSmith skill EXP on Mitten Quest complete
    - Fyued - Using a deck will check if you have the cards in that deck
    - Fyued - Deck presets now save
    - Fyued element - Light vs Dark fixed
    - Fyued softlock prevented (hopefully)
    - Creature Regen spell MP cost fixed

Thank you!

stubbieoz and Solarclipse like this.
  11. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I have a question. I took ability fire ball and using it a lot. I want to unlock this tree further but I need 25 fire skill. It seems that I am stuck (for a long time now) on fire skill 15. Am I doing something wrong?

12. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Try fire circle. I think you get more xp since the skill hits multiple enemies. I hope you invested points to endurance.

13. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Thanks for answering but for fire circle I need 20; and yes, I invested points in endurance

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, considering I have both fire ball and fire circle maxed out, you just need to use the fire ball more. I don’t quite remember how long it took.

15. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I appreciate the response to my question, but I was also wondering if controller support is something that you could add to 9th Dawn 2? Thank you!

16. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I wish we got more of the ability coins!

17. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi! If you keep using it, it should increase - is it still stuck at 15?

Hi, unfortunately the code for 9th Dawn 2 will no longer compile as the software used to create it dediced to end their services a few years ago :( for this reason I use Unity from now on to prevent that happening again, as Untiy have a good solid future ahead of them!

You get a lot more further into the game :)

18. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I’m a bit confused about the starting weapons - is the shiv just flat out better than the rest?
    Shiv - 36dmg - Fast
    Wooden Sword - 28 - Normal
    Axe - 28 - Normal
    Sharpstick - 29 - Slow

I even found a weapon in a chest and it still looks worse than the starting shiv:
    Heavy Sword - 37 - Very Slow

Am I missing something about the shiv that makes it worse than the others in general?

19. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi! You are correct, looks as though slower weapons need a little push. I think this happened when I was increasing overall damage for melee, sorry about this. I'll include it in the next patch, thanks for pointing it out! :)

20. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Not sure if this is unique to the game pad I am using, but my char dodges when I use right trigger + x shortcut.
    I am using gamevice.

Can we get a key rebind feature?