Universal 9th Dawn III (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Ok, so I am assuming the gate you are talking about is the entrance for the second town. In that case, you aren’t looking for a key. You just need to exit to the other side of the gate and pull the lever.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I went and got tooled up with better armour and a better weapon. Also used a few potions to get my heath back and then managed to get through the ruins okay

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks jstorm.

In the sewer mission I can see some enemy with lots of health who I have to defeat. Just can’t get to him as there’s blocks blocking the passage so I can’t get anywhere near him. Also sure I’ve switched every lever

4. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I went all the way for mage and give most points to wisdom and intelligence. Took abilities ‘heal’ (very strong) and ‘fireball’. I think that was a good choice. Playing with mfi controller and the shortcut buttons are done in a way I never seen before : Fantastic! Very addictive game, best I ve seen in years (ever?) in his category!

Jstorm and ste86uk like this.
  5. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Icloud would be life saving for this game at least between ios devices. Really important.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m still unsure if this game is for me but that’s good to hear and makes me want to try it more. I’d definitely be playing a Mage type and also want heals.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm a huge fan of this game as i love non-linear games and this reminds me a bit of Ultima IV. You can either try and do the main mission or just do lots of side quests, go exploring, just level up etc which i love doing.

Seems to be a huge map so far with lots of dungeons, towns, people to talk to etc and so much more. Very impressed and so far 5/5

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Me too, I’ve got two levers and neither is the right one I’m just confused. This seems very similar to Throne Quest which I sadly was t a fan of more then the past 9th Dawn games I’m just really struggling to get into it

9. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m not even having trouble with the levers (yet). I just keep getting killed by mobs of monsters.

10. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I am taking the similar path, but evenly distributing points between end, int, and wis. If you don’t want to get one shotted later, I suggest you put some points in end as well.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    There seems to be a bug. When you die and spawn again you seem to suddenly keep going in the direction which you died

12. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    New Update available v1.18:

- Hotbar timed lock so you don't accidently drag items off whilst trying to use them (if you do want to swap/replace items, just hold the item for a bit longer)
    - Skelly in Rilesun Crypt now in correct position
    - Fix - Unlimited money exploit from OVER-FRIENDING merchants
    - FIX - Moths have been nerfed
    - FIX - Hunting journal now saving item drop information

Thanks so much for playing! :D

Solarclipse likes this.
  13. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Did you manage to figure this out?
    There is a switch in the room with LOADS of rats, hit that, then go allll the way back to the VERY start where your character first enters the game, then you can get to the boss from there!

psj3809 likes this.
  14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I decided to buy the Steam version simply because Valor is churning out patches very regularly atm and Apple usually takes a bit of time to approve patches.
    However I just noticed that the iOS version is now at the same number as the Steam version so it looks like the iOS versions will be very close anyway.

I got to say that this game is the best game Valorware has so far released. I am totally hooked on it. Just binged played for 8 hours straight!
    There are some quality of life stuff that could be done to improve things but the game as it currently stands is an absolute winner.

And I just bought the iOS version as well (the game is that good, plus I wanted to compare the two versions) and hopefully in the future Valor will be able to offer some sort of cloud cross platform saving system.

If not it would be a shame but there was just no way I couldn’t have my iPad Pro missing out on not having this baby installed. :D

Solarclipse likes this.
  15. zenmode

zenmode Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    #95 zenmode, Oct 10, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    How’s the battery drain? I’m on an 8+, so it goes pretty quickly nowadays :p

EDIT: Went ahead and bought it, I’m liking it a lot so far. Only things I can suggest:
    -A way to zoom in, things are a bit too small on screen for me ATM.
    -A fixed joystick option.

Neither of these are deal breakers by any means, but would be appreciated as options if possible.

16. Sharpie218

Sharpie218 Member

Jan 13, 2017
    You’re welcome, it’s true and surprised me and thanks for responding. Cross saving between devices is a long shot, a rare feature for sure but it usually involves creating an account with the developer. A good example of this is Butterscotch Shenanigans and their game Levelhead. They allow saves to migrate between iOS, consoles and pc via their own log in system. Foursaken games’ War Tortoise also uses their own server you can log into. Now I’m guessing that requires a server and more work for you so I don’t know if it’s expensive. I would really appreciate at the very least looking into iCloud support. I play on my mini in one area and on my iPhone in others, synchronizing that would be nice.

Side note: Great job keeping up with the patches as well. Seems stressful!

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    First thing I noticed on my iPad was the home bar setting is not good. It is presently bright white which means that one swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen will, and does, close the game.
    With the joysticks being “floaty” it is very easy to put your finger too close to the bottom of the screen causing this to happen.

The best setting is to have it a translucent colour. That setting requires two deliberate upward swipes to close the current app. Greatly reduces the chance of accidentally closing down the game.

It is apparently a setting that only the developer can implement.

This is on an iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd Gen.

18. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Can I revive a dead ally?

19. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There is an ability that can revive team members. Also, you can revive everyone by interacting with a blood spawn.

I think you should go through ability list.

ironsam80 likes this.
  20. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks a lot!!!