Universal 9th Dawn III (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    That's good to hear, because I felt the same way after watching the trailer; even though I enjoyed the first two games. I'm getting too old for chaotic fighting games. I don't track like I used to, and I feel like I've aged 10 years in the last one.

Now I need to decide if I want it more on the Switch, PC, or iOS...

2. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    The latest update solved the inventory icon issue. Maybe you need to manually update the game.

3. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think both the AI and the projectile targeting need to take walls into account.

4. moshgra

moshgra Active Member

Aug 24, 2012
    General Service Technician at PepBoys. Full time S
    Dover, DE
    Sorry if it's been answered before but how necessary is min/maxing. I've dumped points to weild a wand and 1h sword. But I feel like most games never balance to have odd playstyles like this and idk if I can reset my points down the line or if I should reset or if I'm good to play however I like

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    According to the response by the dev on the steam forum, there is a npc that can reset your attributes fairly early in the game.

moshgra likes this.
  6. Sharpie218

Sharpie218 Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Just wanted to add my two cents regarding saves. I’m enjoying the heck out of the game, but I really play games on all sorts of devices. I like randomly playing on the iPhone and then switching to an iPad or pc or especially the switch. I guess cross save is more the term/feature I’m looking for. Even the ability to access the save file from the files app would mean I could at least manually move my save around. That being said I don’t know one thing about programming so I understand if this isn’t feasible. I’m very impressed with this game, it’s the only one that can tear me away from Hades right now and I hope the game is a success.

dukat111 likes this.
  7. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Thanks a lot for the compliment and kindness, I really appreciate it!

Do you normally have cross-saving in games then? How does it work in others? Do you have to connect to some 3rd party service or something? If you can give an example and explain how you have done cross-saving in the past, I can try look into it.

Thanks for supporting, and saying it takes you from Hades lol!

8. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I just got through Fort H and got my companion. It's basically like having a 2nd main character which is awesome, I was expecting a more limited companion.

One quirk with this is inventory management—getting something from one character to the other is a pain.
    1. I tried putting stuff in the storage shop, but the storage isn't shared between characters.
    2. I tried dropping stuff on the ground, but the other character picked it up. The wierd thing is that the items then didn't appear in their inventory, so...they were just gone!
    3. So I had to find a chest and dump stuff in it, then have the other character pick it up...back and forth like this.
    This seems like something very fixable. Select an item, and have an option to give it to nameless/player. Or—even better—just having inventory be shared altogether. That would definitely be simplest for the player, since nothing changes and you have access to everything.

One of the problems is with ingredients for things. Say my dumb fighter is really good at smelting, and my smart mage nameless is better for crafting...now I have to smelt stuff and transfer it to my crafter.

Is experience shared evenly between the characters, or is it by kill?
    Thank you for your work fixing bugs and everything so far Valorware, I don't regret buying this right away

9. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    #69 decript, Oct 9, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    Pocket rogues, a cross-platform indie game has you make a simple account for cross saves which Is done through the game.

Otherwise manual transfer of saves is an option in terms of mobile and pc

10. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    Ignore, double post. Can't find a delete option.

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well a popular option now seems to be to link the game to your Apple ID where previously it could be linked to GC or FB and then whatever device you played on as long as you signed the game in with your Apple. GC or FB it would automatically save your progress there and load it from there. Pretty much everyone does it for online games but many still do for offline games.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Need some help ! The first mission - rats in the sewer i've pressed the switches i can see but theres still a temporary 'wall' which i cant get past to fight the main enemy down there. Any clues ?

Then on another mission where i have to find the key for the guard to let me in the city i reach a point where theres a goblin and then another stronger character, get killed all the time. Is the key near them ?

13. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    What do you mean by the first mission?
    Are you talking about the sewers in the first town?

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah apologies the sewers. Sure i've done every switch and some of the 'barriers' havent come down so i cant seem to reach the enemy i need to to finish the mission

15. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I am not sure if I am following your question, but to gain full access to the sewers, you need a quest from Foddy.

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Okay i'll try and talk to him. Spoke to the main guy in the bar who told me about the rats in the sewers. Just couldnt seem to get to a part i needed to. I'll watch a walkthrough and see what i've done wrong

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Pocket Rogues is an excellent example how an iOS game can be played on a pc and the save files are easily transferred through a cloud to either device.

My experience;

I have Pocket Rogues installed on my iPad and have played it for a long time and have a high level character.

I have just installed the Steam version of the game on my pc.
    I was able to click on Settings and was given the option of either Save (Cloud), Save (Local), Load (Cloud), Load (Local).

By clicking on Load (Cloud) my Steam version downloaded my iOS save file from the cloud and I was able to continue my iPad save file on my pc!

It was so easy.
    And after playing for half an hour on the Steam version and save the game to the cloud I was then able to go straight over to my iPad and download the cloud save and continue playing the game on my iPad.

Perhaps Mr Valor, you could contact the developer of Pocket Rogues and see how he has done it.

Why bother you may ask?...... Well the upshot of it, is that I have bought both the iOS version and the Steam version of the game so the developer got two sales from me. ;)

Sharpie218, tops2 and decript like this.
  18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Just curious, but how far are you into the game? Partly you sound like you are ahead of me, but then I am also getting the impression you haven’t reached the 2nd town as well.

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m mostly hanging about the first town. Ventured off to kill lots of enemies to try and get more XP so i visited the second town but mostly gone back to the first to try and finish this sewer mission

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m having trouble getting past the Luppi Ruins, lol.