Universal 9th Dawn III (by Valorware LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Unordinary, Oct 6, 2020.

1. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    So I’m loving this game. But I have 2 requests, 1 of which is a stretch.

1. Sometimes it is dark, like so dark I can barely see what’s going on. Now it might just be my crappy eyesight, but any chance we can a slider or something to make a bit more clear for those of us that need it?

2 This one is a stretch, but you’re here so why not? Any chance of throwing in a companion from the start? It probably seems dumb, but it’s literally the feature I always hope for in games like this, and never get!

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Just downloaded it and only criticism I have so far is that it doesn’t take into account the “notch” on iPhone 11. But still am glad to have a 9th Dawn game in full screen!

Now off to really dig in...

3. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #23 Solarclipse, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    This took me by surprise! Played and loved 9th Dawn 2, this seems even better! I'm concerned about running a mage because it seems like it will take a lot more ability tokens then a fighter, but ‍♂️ going to do a fighter first time through.

There's a chest an area in the luppin ruins—the place with all the penned up monsters in their cells, I can't get 4 of them to open. I am pretty sure I haven't missed any levers. 100% (map only?)which doesn't make sense since I can't get to that area. I am wondering if I need to come back with a pickaxe or some other item to get back to this, or if it should indeed be doable now...If there is a mechanic other than levers that I am missing it would be nice to have a tutorial for one of them. Hints welcome, thank you!

Oh, one other thing..the armourer in Ashwick says he is at home when he is in his shop sometimes. Maybe he is supposed to have alzheimers or something—his dialogue is off —but it does make it hard to buy anything...getting my butt kicked after the ruins, trying to head east.

4. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Some additional requests.

It will be great if there is some explanation between the heavy and agile armor. Just looking at the defense number stats looks like the heavy armor is better. Is there unexplained mechanics with the agile armor?

I also want some info on physical/spell damage as well as skills like heals how attributes contribute to the result.
    Ex) weapon damage + strength + skill boost

I think the game needs some visual representation of enemy debuffs. I took a stun skill, but I cannot tell if an enemy is stunned or not.

5. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Are there some good puzzles in the game? More than flipping a switch i mean..lol..cheers.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this so far, embarassed to say i cant seem to get to that big rat i need to kill, maybe i flicked the wrong switch

7. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Love the game but stuck on a few things...

First, can’t find any shopkeeper selling any magical weapons... is there one in the early game that I can’t find? I have 10k of gold and nothing to spend it on!

Second, I have a spell skill but can’t work out how to cast it in battle... anyone have any idea?

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    When you aren’t sure which one you should get, just grab both.

9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I don’t know about the magic items, but for spells, drag the spell icon from the ability book and drop into a shortcut slot.

10. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks!!!

11. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hello! Just popping in to say that patch 1.10 has now been released:

- fix - chests default on page 2 is a bit annoying
    - fix - Girello NPC had no dialogue
    - fix - Ice Homing Missle 2 was too low dmg
    - fix - Trapped Warrior boss had OP healing spells
    -
    - balance fix - day cycle speed reduced
    - balance fix - early cooking recipes made easier
    - balance fix - creature capturing skill a bit
    - balance fix - bait and trap prices reduced slightly
    - balance fix - leg traps damage nerfed
    - balance fix - snake fang droprate too low?

-----------------------

Next Patch 1.11 is compiling and being sent to Apple ASAP. One important note is that there is a missing switch from Bandit Den, which will be included in this upcoming patch - very sorry if you are stumbling around in Bandit Den looking for it :(

Thanks a lot for the comments, I'll read through properly very soon, im just focusing on some of the ugrent fixes/feature requests at the moment whilst battling a poorly eye irl!

Thanks so much!

12. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi, some of the gates in Luppi are permanently closed (the aligator one and some others). The one with the chest behind is is accessed from elesewhere (not sure how you do spoiler tag in here sorry, please advics?)

There is a magic wand very early on in the game! Perhaps you missed it becuase it was hidden, maybe go RIGHTT back to the rooms you started in? But also, someone in Firlun should be selling some.

Fear not, there are hundreds of magical weapons/armour scattered throughout the world

Solarclipse likes this.
  13. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #33 mastery51, Oct 7, 2020
    Hello!!
    Post two spoiler tags. The end tag needs a forward slash in the beginning to end it. Type what you want to hide between the two tags.
    [​IMG]

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve never played these, is it really an RPG with lots of skill choices and character progression?

The video just looked like a mass brawl, those monsters you have following you are they all the same? Or is it like other games where one rat is better than another rat.

15. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #35 mastery51, Oct 7, 2020
    There are different variety of rats for example there are two smaller rats, large rat, decayed rat, etc and I assume each category of rat or creature has a same starting strength that can be increased. Also yes there is a very large selection of skills, attributes, abilities, equipment slots .

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So you could be like a mage or warrior etc? Or just a mix depending on skills you pick?

I can’t think of the word I meant with the minions, I guess like when you catch something can you get a rat that’s an S tier and a rat that’s a D tier. Like those monster catching games where it wastes all your time catching the same thing repeatedly hoping for the S tier.

17. Moshfosh

Moshfosh Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2013
    How do I heal my pets? I refuse to allow my wolf cub to die

18. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    There are abilities that can heal your party under creature skills.

Valorware likes this.
  19. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I *think * I know what you mean- but no, each monster only has a different "nature", which affects how they level up. There's only 3 different natures so if there's a specific nature you want you dont have to re-catch that many- it's more about how much you level them up though :)

ste86uk likes this.
  20. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If I could transfer my save file I would. ;)