Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
  2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Where is the crafting?

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    This is a great game, however I find equipping weapons and spells ridiculously confusing and random.

How is it meant to work?

I have a fire and an ice spell. Fire is equipped. Can't drag ice into the same equip slot to replace.

I have both of these in the bottom quick slots and the right quick slots.

Clicking these casts the spell. Sometimes it causes me to equip the spell if it's the fire one. Never the ice; I can only cast that as a one off.

Is there a difference between the left, right and lower quick slots?

Can someone explain how all of this is meant to work? It's so frustrating to have such a great, playable game hampered by such confusing mechanics.

Jamie

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I'm guessing that this game is in no way optimised for my iPad Pro?

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    The fire spell is a projectile spell meaning you equip, aim and shoot it. The ice spell shoots the nearest target automatically. So bind the ice spell in a shortcut slot to use.

I have a staff binded to a slot as well as the fire spell. This way I can alternate between what I have equipped for my projectile.

6. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    MFi

@valorwareuk

Will this be getting MFi support in an update? If it does I'm all over it :)

7. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    What do you mean by optimised? It's designed to run on as many devices as possible, regardless of screensize/resolution (including the thousands of android devices). I've tested it on a variety of physical screen sizes and resolutions and they all seemed fine to me, not sure what else to tell you!

8. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Controller support is heavily requested but I'm not sure I can pull it off due to the way the game is made for multiple platforms sorry. The upcoming Steam version has perfect controller support but portable devices have such a wide variety of controllersXdevices it's very confusing to know which route to take sorry

9. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    omg it's here!

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    How is this on the iPhone 6? Doesn't the screen get too cluttered?

11. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi! It's designed for all types of physical screen size and resolution. Personally, I prefer playing it on a phone than a tablet. It can only get a bit cluttery on menus due to an in-depth inventory system~ most of the game that won't be visible though.

The HUD can be seen as fairly large but this is to give the player as much control as possible~ as this is an realtime action based game and often in the deepest dungeons it can be quite challenging. The game does NOT play itself, nor is it easy, which is why the controls take up a fair amount of screenspace.

Please see screenshots for how it may be on your phone~ I hope you find this helpful. You can always try it and then refund it using Apple's refund system if you don't like it (please double check how to do the refund process though before purchasing) Thank you

12. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Controllers on iOS are all standardised :) A lot of the big game engines (unity etc) have plugins or support it natively and the Apple SDKs are pretty easy to use too :)

pretty please...? ;)

edit: I don't really play games using touch any more and I think there's a growing number like me.. ;)

13. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #93 BillyOceansBlues, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    I think I played the first one on a 4. Man, it feels great on a 6. Very comfy HUD. I wish assigning something to a quickslot was a bit less weird (hiding the bottom of the menu while dragging). Also, QUEST MARKERS. Please. Yeah these goblins sure are a problem, better go.. out... to... wherever they are.
    Also, where is the TAKE ALL option when looking at the contents of a chest?

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    This game is really fun kinda addicting :D lol if you like the first one you should get this as its more of the same just greatly improved in every way and bigger as well.

15. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #95 MrSpud, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    I'm a bit shocked to see it won't run on an iPad4, I mean, I can run Xcom on an iPad2.. Anyway, it sounds like the developer is playing it safe so it's nice to hear that may change, I'm eagerly waiting to send him my money! The first one was great and played really smooth on my old iPad2 so maybe I'll go back to it until this one gets updated to run on lower specs. Thanks for keeping us old hardware users in mind!

16. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    "TAKE ALL" button is the flashing green arrow button on the side of the container :')

17. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So what's everyone's general impressions? I have a 6S and I'm tempted to get it but I need to know what it's like

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    I've been playing on the iPad mini but now I hear it's nicely playable on the iPhone 6s+ I'd like to use that too... but I don't think there's any cloud save at all? Any chance this could be implemented? Don't really want to play two different games simultaneously because this seems like a fairly fixed gameplay experience in terms of storyline and quests...

It's a GREAT game btw - anyone who's holding back, I'd say just buy this - it's quite exceptional.

19. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Watch out for the guy giving Google links for asking...

20. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Get it, it's great.