Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I actually loled when I tapped this link. I've never seen this before. It's fantastic!

Billy

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man some of the reviews are awesome.

3. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I figured, but does the developer plan on adding older models that would include the 4s in its comparability list as per his post in this thread? He did mention expanding is comparability device wise I believe.

4. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    I can't make any promises unfortunately as the AppStore is extremely picky with compatibility but I am trying!

5. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Omg what's the full link for that? I need to know haha

6. speetz

speetz Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Super quick response! Awesome man you do great work, here's to hoping I can get this one as soon as possible!

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #67 syntheticvoid, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Ha, really?

http://bfy.tw/Dh

**edit**
    As for the game...
    I'm psyched to play. I've been reading reviews since it came out on Android. I think I'm gonna be able to upgrade my phone either tonight or tomorrow, then just gotta wait for it to come n the mail. But this is definitely going to be the first game I throw on there and dive in to.

I'm playing through the original again ATM and I think it's just making it worse for me... =oP

8. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    (Tips hat to Syntheticvoid)

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    How to you remove stuff from the quick slots? And how do you unequip a magic spell? I have fireball equipped but when I run out of mana I don't start hitting with my sword which is also equipped.

10. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    You can clear your item binds by entering the character menu then clicking "options" and "clear binds", there isn't a way to clear 1 particular bind at the moment sorry, although you can just overwrite the bind with something else if you want to.

I can't remember if there's an easy way to unequip a spell, but you can drag your other weapon onto the spell you have equipped and it should remove it. I just tested the fireball/sword combo and my character does hit with his sword with and without mana, are you holding the combat stick in the direction or just tapping it? In order to fight effectively please hold the combat stick in the desired direction, do NOT tap it

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    I put both fireball and my axe to quick slots and tap one I want to use. Still would like to know if theres a way to see stats of different rewards?

12. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    You can't see stats for different rewards sorry, the only way would be to 'decide later' and see if you can find that same item in a shop somewhere and check it that way. Please don't worry too much about it because there are plenty of items in the game and choosing the wrong reward won't massively affect your playthrough!
    Thank you

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Ok, cheers

14. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
  15. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    #75 badmanj, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    I am also stuck early on in the first dungeon, about 3-4 levels down. There's a lever that opens a portcullis and a blocked gate in front of it but the whole area past the gate and through the opened portcullis is just air. Can't walk out there at all.

Don't know where to upload an image but if you can advise I can send you a screenshot. Hope this is a puzzle and not a glitch...

[edit] turned out this was intended and was a good puzzle! Didn't expect this level of sophistication ;-)

(Ps PLEASE implement auto-rotate. It's so awkward on the iPad being forced to use it this way round...)
    Jamie

16. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Great surprise release!!! The first one was so good!

17. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Finally got around to getting this, been looking forward to it for some time so I'm excited. I'm not too far into the game, just been messing around town and exploring the cave just north of town.

One thing I'm wondering is if it could be possible (if it isn't already and I haven't figured it out) to swap equipment sets on the fly? I was using the bow to hit the switch and then got attacked, I couldn't get my axe out in time and died :(

So far the little I played is great, I'll definitely be putting some hours into this and trying different builds.

I'm hoping there is some sort of infinite endgame options like rifts from Diablo 3 that have super rare loot to hunt for, that would be sweet!

18. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Drag what you want to hot key to the bar on the bottom, left or right

19. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Thanks! I should have known that!

20. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    Epic.
    So good.
    Just got to the gate keepers and they destroyed me.
    Gotta go explore previous areas a bit.