Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I like rpg games, and not played the previous one of this... But from videos, it looks weird. Fast moving, cardboard characters, sliding around with not much animation?!
    What's so good about this?

2. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Any chance the game could be set to auto rotate? It plays the wrong way round for me on the iPad. Quite annoying.

3. lanights

lanights Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    I'd buy it at a $4.99 price point. Will wait for a sale, if there ever is one. There are too many good games out now to warrant this price, at least for my budget.

4. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    9th Dawn 1 was my favourite mobile RPG; made in the true Ultima style. Looking foward to the sequel becoming compatible with Ipad 4. In the meantime I'll think I'll download the first one again.

5. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Pretty hyped for this. Will buy it later the day for sure.

To the people with devices which are not compatible as of yet:
    I remember it was always possible to buy it through iTunes and then install it with iFunbox since it bypassed device restrictions. I really dont know if it is still possible since iOS9, but yeah. Needs a computer though.

6. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Does it have mifi support?

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Same.

8. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    No need for reviews on this one, bought.

9. Endscrypt

May 8, 2012
    #49 Endscrypt, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    If you can't find it on your iPhone after purchasing on iPad just go into purchases and get it from there or vice-versa it is universal.

10. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Mine did not work.
    The game is really fun so far for me. The touch controls are good. Classic RPG leveling, a little platforming, some puzzles. Combat is fun and got better for me as I leveled. I like the graphics and style. Some quirky menus and ways of doing things, but manageable.

11. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Legit read the devs name as "Vaporware".

How does this play on a phone? Screen looks very crowded.

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Not even to far in and I feel comfortable saying that this is one of the best arpgs on the AppStore. Go google the reviews of the android version if you need too.

Easily worth every cent.

13. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am really lost on that first cave... There is a large gap that I need to cross but I can't find the right switch anywhere . I have to say, great job on this one, I'm stumped!

14. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    I'm downloading this as I write this so I can't comment on this one but the last one was leaps and bounds above other games at the time. Huge (and I mean huge) map to explore, lots of secrets to find. Definitely felt special to play.

15. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    #55 Valorware, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    Feel free to PM me a screenshot of the area you're stuck in, or post it on our facebook page (www.facebook.com/valorware) and someone may be able to help you. Maybe don't post it directly here as it may contain spoilers :) *edit Just a reminder that some switches need a bow or ranged spell to reach them that may activate a platform~ this might not be the case for the one you need but still worth bearing in mind!

16. VidGamrJ

VidGamrJ Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I haven't had a chance to download this yet, but looking forward to playing tonight. Anyway, from the screen shots it looks like it's a near identical UI as the first game. The first game was way easier to play on the phone since you could easily reach all the slots on the bottom hot bar with your thumbs.

17. Endscrypt

May 8, 2012
    The Dev explains why at Valoware FB page, I believe it was done to get the game out on iOS even with these restrictions because anyone that's followed the game knows the issues Valoware had getting Apple to accept there app. I'm pretty sure more devices will be added to the compatibility list in the near future #

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I don't do Facebook but I sent you a link via private message to a screenshot :)

19. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Anyone with a review? I'm poor, for 8$ I need a review.

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    http://bfy.tw/4jJq