Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Is there an update to correct the icon bug coming? Just saw this is now on sale. I loved the first one, hadn't gotten to this yet because of massive backlog. Does it appear support will continue? Is this 'broken' or fully playable in its current state? Thinking of picking this up, if even just to throw the dev some cash for my appreciation of their last game.

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Dunno, but the last update just came 8 days ago. I guess there will be an icon fix soon.

3. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Saw that someone reported this on his facebook page but the developer says that he looked into it but doesn't know how to fix it and also that it's not high on his priorities, so I wouldn't expect a fix unless he suddenly finds a solution but that seems unlikely at this point.

4. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    9th Dawn II is on sale at the moment for 6 days (approx -50% depending on your country). Just letting you know if anyone's interested. Thank you for supporting the game, I know its far from perfect. Have a nice day!

5. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    I remember having a blast with the first game, maybe it's time taking on the sequel.
    Thanks for the heads up!:)

6. Lexicondevil

Lexicondevil New Member

May 24, 2017
    Im stuck at the Frozen Ruins and need help please

Im doing the Helping Kolorus quest where you have to kill some ice dragon at the Frozen Ruins, but I'm stuck. I've hit all te levers that I came across, I even drew a little map but I simply cant progress. the farthest I could get was the area where there 4 gates and i could open the first two but it looks like u need to switch a lever from the other side to open the other 2 gates. theres another room with a floating platform that is stationary. probably need to hit a switch to make it move but I cant find it. I really like this game, I dont want to give up on it. If its not neccesary to beat the game then I'll skip it and look for the last dark shard i need. Please, anyone who has beaten the Frozen Ruins can u help me out?

7. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #407 istara, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    In the Himyaal dungeon, the second platform in the big room with four platforms isn't moving (and probably the fourth platform too - though I can't see it with the screen size). I can't see any way to make the platform move.

I've watched someone doing a playthrough on Steam (where the field of view is far wider) and all four platforms were moving for him from the start.

Did I miss a lever somewhere? I've tried hitting the can thing that spits arrows in the centre of the chamber, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: I solved this. Turns out that you need to enter a completely different dungeon where you get to the other side of this chasm.

I now have another problem: I'm at the bottom of Seroldun Crypt in the platform area. I can get on the platform and hit the switch with a bow to make it move. But right in front of me is a closed gate and I can't see any way to open it.

8. EZ Ice

EZ Ice Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Apps
    Tropical Island Pirate Hangout
    #408 EZ Ice, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Great game!

Anyone who is any level of fantasy rpg fan should get this, it's fun!

I just want to see a walk/run leg animation! lol

Well done! I'm not very far in the game yet, but early impressions are great!

One complaint, why can't you break crates and barrels? Feels like there is loot laying around but not interactable. False sense of exploring and searching for loot.

9. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    for the 5th year anniverysary, 9th Dawn II is available for free for 1 week* on iOS only! Now is a perfect chance to play the game and own it forever for free! https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/9th-dawn-ii/id1076717689

Please note that the sequel, 9th Dawn III is now available and is on a ~50% discount sale from today! Thhis also features the new Rogue-like dungeon mode! https://apps.apple.com/us/app/9th-dawn-iii/id1528353612

ad1.jpg

*9th Dawn II is available for free for a certain number of days, the start and end date may vary due to timezones and Apple's systems, but it its roughly 1 week from 12th March 2021

ThirdMoon likes this.