Universal 9th Dawn II (by Valorware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by syntheticvoid, Mar 12, 2016.

1. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    So you did get it to run on your iPad,, that's wonderful,,, I am still waiting to see if anybody gets it to run on their iPad 2 ,,, ipad 2 ,,, ipad 4 ,,, I have been looking into it to se if there is any difference ,,, everything I have read says it should run ,,, I want to pick this game up badly,,,, if anyone finds something out please let me know :) thanks!!

2. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Ok someone updated,,, I am the guy with the iPad 2,, let me know if it's ok to hit the button :)

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Just do it!
    Shia compels you!

4. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Compel this ,,,, :)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    If the game ever becomes iOS 7.1.2 compatible, I'll happily buy it to play it on my 4S :D

6. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Aug 10, 2015
    iPad 4 still not installing

7. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    It worked for me, after a few try in the appstore. Just push the "buy" button even if it says "can't install". I have an Ipad 4 too. I hope it will work for you.

8. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    You can also try a full restart of your ipad (if you haven't already), or install through your computer.

9. DeathScythe

DeathScythe Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Got it to finally install

10. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Playing on 5 and really likin' it the only problem is no map inside the caves always get lost hope they will look in to this it's really annoying, running like everywhere you look is the same.

11. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    The compatibility requirements says it's compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and that's it. It's pretty a generic list. So I'm assuming it works on iPad mini 1.

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    iPad4 owner here: AppStore allowed the purchase and download and install but right as install completes get a generic error: "cannot be installed at this time". Device is fully updated, plenty of space, no other apps running, with full restart.

I bought the whole:, "it's Apples fault" theory in the beginning, but seriously, if that was the case, why was a patch required to "fix" Apples issue? So now it's: "will never publish on iOS again, go ask for a refund" Really? That's the solution? Walk away from iOS? Perhaps the dev should consider a different middleware platform. One that more diligently stays ahead of iOS device compatibility requirements, as even a casual search reveals that Marmalade has seen a rash of iOS compatibility issues recently.

13. stevenmozart

stevenmozart Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Of course your right, I feel the very same,,, most things that go a miss on the iOS are apples fault, what makes it worse is the problems of are their own device, they know exactly what their doing, they make it hard on the lot,, game developers who simply love their craft,, never have I saw such people that aim to please but are chronically denied anything if it doesn't fit apples design and scheme,,, that of course be capital,, yet the other edge of the sword shows a company that hasn't a clue,, so lost in their capital dreams that last years gross was measured in the loss of millions of dollars,,, they lost so much it should have surly been a wake up call,, but not,,,,

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  15. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    The game doesn't work on my iPad2, it will launch but crash after a few seconds, everytime. It works fine on my iPhone5. I rebooted both, running latest software, etc..

That's too bad! I'm glad I can play it now, but it doesn't say in the description that iPad2 is not supported, I doubt it's just me. I don't want a refund because I can play it on my phone and someday I will upgrade my iPad. I hope the developer can overcome the difficulties of developing on iOS and resolve these compatibility issues in the meantime, I'm looking forward to play this game.

16. Valorware

Valorware Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Sorry to hear about the troubles people are having. I literally have no idea how to fix it as I have exhausted all the options available to me with my current knowledge of iOS. I tried my best to make it compatible with older devices but it seems like it didn't really pay off and just caused more problems. I do not mean this as a 'quick solution' or anything by the means but PLEASE request a refund ASAP if it does not work for you as I do not believe you should have to pay for something that doesn't work.

Has anyone had any success with it though and is it still working on newer devices?

17. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    how did you get it to install?

18. Valorware

Patreon Gold

Mar 13, 2016
    Hi sorry about your issues, have you had any success yet or have you successfully got a refund? I really can only apologise. I'm not trying to argue with you here but I feel like I must explain myself- a patch was required because for the first release the app would not get past Apple's [very strict] and [extremely vague] authentication process, and the only feedback I got back from them were very generic error messages that could have meant anything. I tried to get around this by limiting compatability and excluding as many devices as possible until it worked (despite it running perfectly on my older ipad mini 2). When it finally got approved, I began removing the compatibility limitations because it turned out to be a bug with Marmalade, THEN Apple would not accept the new update, and I emailed them about it and they responded that it was a bug with their itunes/store, which I posted a screenshot of here. I then had to wait till that was sorted out, and thats the patch that is currently available.

I don't see it worthwhile to a different Middleware as the source code is heavily invested into Marmalade (aswell as years of trying to fully understand it), and there's no guarantee other middleware won't have similar issues, I think I just happened to finish the game at a really unfortunate time for both Marmalade and Apple.

I probably spoke too soon when I said I would never develop for Apple again- I promise I will try but I cannot make any future guarantees that any further games may come to iOS because of all the trouble and I do not know how to fix it, as you may have got the impression, I really hate to disappoint people which is why I'm concerned about releasing on iOS again. Again, I'm not trying to make excuses and I blame myself for part of the faults for not being more experienced with iOS~ but I honestly do find it a massive uphill struggle with Apple sometimes. Sorry again and I hope you somehow get it working!

19. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #379 MrSpud, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: May 31, 2016
    I believe the issue with the iPad2 is memory related, it doesn't crash at a specific point, it looks like it loads up the game and runs out of memory. The more memory I have available, the longer it takes before it crashes.

I somewhat disagree that a refund is the solution to the problem, to me it's like going to a restaurant and complaining the food is cold, then the owner shows up and tells you you don't have to pay for it but you won't be getting your food, hard not to feel disappointed.

You asked earlier for advice on how to handle the problems on iOS, I would suggest not to give up, keep at it and don't lose patience. Everybody here knows that dealing with Apple can be frustrating and sometime even infuriating, your story dealing with them is quite typical.

I'm not going to get a refund, I don't believe it's a solution to my (your?) problem, someday I will upgrade and greatly enjoy this fantastic game, I'm not ready to give up because of my somewhat obsolete hardware, nor did I expect your game to work on it, but it would certainly be greatly appreciated if you managed to do so! Best of luck with your future projects.

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I finally bought it for my iPad mini 1 and it runs pretty well. It runs smoother on my iPhone 6, but I'm satisfied with it on the iPad mini. It has crashed a couple of times when I didn't clear out the memory first.