Universal 9th Dawn - (by Made with Marmalade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    You can adjust the slingshot to work easier by removing invert in options.

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Not sure what you're talking about; the graphics are delicious.

3. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Can't you just choose not to continue when you die?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It's true that you can just quit or restart any game to make your own permadeath setting; but if possible it's nice to have a formal permadeath option for those of us with weak constitution susceptible to sneaking in one more run. Also, a system permadeath mode might be cleaner in automatically deleting autosave.

5. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Um how am I supposed to interact with things? I'm in Big John's cellar and all the rats are dead as door nails. Now it's just me, some shrooms and some crates. Sooo, how do I pick up the mushrooms? Do I get to look inside crates? No interaction icon pops up when I'm near them.

6. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    For chests, barrels, and crates you have to tap on them to bring up the contents (if any) and your inventory menu. Initially it is confusing. I'm not sure you can interact with shrooms at all.

7. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hi everyone, I was wondering if I should buy this. It looks like a very nice game with good mechanics, story, and graphics, but just want a little conformation on the games overall goodness :)

1. I know there is no permadeath, but if you die do you respawn in the nearest town/do you lose all your items/ are you thrown out of the dungeon, with none of the stuff you got from that particular dungeon?

2. Has anyone finished it, and how long did it take to finish?

3. Can you switch between classes, or do you stay as the one class?

4. For some reason reminds me of Runescape, which I used to play a long time ago- does it have all the side-quests and whatnot that make games amazing?

5. Does anyone know if this is going on sale anytime soon? (Not trying to be a scab, just running low on moolah)

Cheers :)

8. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    You just tap them , it's a bug that the context button doesn't show everything you can interact with . But you can tap on chests, barrels, pots, mushrooms , etc. The developer said a patch is coming.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Are they though? I asked more than once and I have yet to see any iPad 3/4 screenshots.

10. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The graphics are not Retina so slightly blurry on my iPod Touch 5G; it's not bad and I still recommend 9th Dawn but you won't find the crisp images that your request for latest generation pictures implies you'd like. The retro style art is nice but I do wish it was higher resolution.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks dude. It's a shame, but I'm still tempted after all the good impressions it's getting.

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    9th Dawn is totally worth $2.99 and your time even jn the absence of Retina if performance on my iPod 5G is any indication and you are a RPG (or even dual stick shooter) fan.

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Ok thanks for the insight, but does anyone know if this will go on sale sometime?

14. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    It came out yesterday. I suspect a sale is unlikely, the Google Play price has been steady at $2.99. Even at $2.99 you're getting a steal; for the content I'd consider $2.99 a sale.

15. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    #135 oldgamer dude, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    $2.99 IS a steal :) I've already sunk quite a few hours into it and I've only seen 2 towns so far.

16. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    Sigh...App Store pricing logic. It really is an absolute steal. The amount of content in the game is absolutely massive.

17. Deadza

Deadza Active Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Thanks for the invert option! However I have a new UI issue that maybe I just cant see to toggle. Combat text for xp and enemy names often block the top part of a fight causing chaos. I get this wasnt for a phone really, but being able to turn off that stuff would help.

18. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Here's to hoping like a type of iCloud if there isn't.

19. iNorM

iNorM Member

Jun 7, 2013
    GREAT games with GREAT gameplay.... just started playing.... and now searching for last equip set.... its Silk Shoes....
    does anyone know where is it ?

20. oldgamer dude

Mar 22, 2013
    Ha ha am I the only one using the archer ?