Universal 9th Dawn - (by Made with Marmalade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Valorware 2

Valorware 2 Active Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Unfortunately, this was only a recent development. In the recent past, only "Top Developers" could respond to user reviews, and it was never really clear what a top developer was. This was VERY frustrating because many customers would leave reviews to report bugs or ask questions, instead of sending an e-mail or posting on the forum, so it was impossible to help them. Luckily, Google rethought their policy on this.

2. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    Appreciate your presence on this forum, dev. Thanks for the tips!

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    There is a ton of stuff on the 9th Dawn forums; I have a feeling it'll come in handy... after the next hour or so passes... (twiddles thumbs)

http://welkstore.com/forum/

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey Charles, thanks a lot for all the tips and congrats for the game... i'm playing it and is really awesome, pal... good luck and see you here!

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Very nice so far; best $2.99 I've spent in a while. They weren't joking when they said open world. So far it'd been fun just wandering around and fighting so far ignoring a few quest I've been offered.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    One question that could easily make me buy this game - does it have large enemies or bosses, such as a large sprite dragon, or all the enemies pretty much the same size as the skeletons in the gameplay video?

7. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Well four stars so far from me and could easily pull five with just a little more all around polish! This is a really fun game and I am glad to have been surprised by it as I had no clue of its existence until earlier today!

8. ChocoVanilla

ChocoVanilla Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Traveller
    SweetsTown, DessertVille, CandyLand
    From my limited time skimming through the game's forums there does appear to be various large bosses, some of them of the dragonic variety.

9. rcxdeez

rcxdeez Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2013
    buffalo, ny
    Bought and started playing at 11:05. Loving it so far. It wasn't til I got to Felryn that I opened the world map and saw just how vast the world is. Really looking forward to exploring it. The dual stick combat is brilliant, it's very easy to get into, and the graphics are crisp.

One thing I'd like to see is the ability to use out of class equipment. A Morrowind-like ability to tag skills and stats that are consistent with the premade class you choose, but the ability to train in other classes, would really expand the scope of this game. Hell, why not add a bunch of nondescript sprites to choose from and let us make custom classes? Being a spellsword would be sweet. Or whatever.

Anyway, as is, perfectly enjoyable and well worth the $3, with loads of potential for expansion. This is the perfect type of developer to rally behind and support. Great job, Valorware!

10. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    My sentiments exactly, I'm finding the ranged combat (archer) refreshing as you really have to line up your shots. The world so far is very cool and definitly has that old school feel. I'm feeling this is going to take up lots of my time.

Oh and night it is a bit dark when it it cycles to night . But it just adds to the atmosphere, and makes you more cautious.

11. Valorware 2

Jun 6, 2013
    Though it isn't the exact same as what you pose (which I think is a good idea as well!), you can actually unlock the "Omniclass" by completing the main quest line, which lets you use all classes abilities and armors.

There is also a way to change your sprite (as well as some other cheats). If you go to your menu->Command, you can type in:

setsprite
    X

where X is the number of the sprite from 0 to 180. The large enemy sprites are kind of buggy, so I wouldn't suggest using those (and you won't be able to walk through one tile hallways).

A full list of commands and values can be found here:

http://welkstore.com/forum/index.php?/topic/290-define-numbers-for-commands/

I'll be working on cleaning up this post so it makes more sense and doesn't just look like the game code's #defines (which it is).

If you encounter any quest or game breaking bugs, there are some other commands that can be used to fix your character, but I suggest you e-mail me with your problem before trying to use them :)

12. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Just curious,what happens and what penalties are there if you die?

13. Valorware 2

Jun 6, 2013
    #73 Valorware 2, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    You only lose a small percentage of your experience towards the next level. No losing levels, items, or progress beyond that :) You respawn to the last "blood spawn" that you used (the red pool things located throughout the towns and world).

14. Darn it's still not on the Canadian app store... can't wait to try lol :)

15. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Cheers mate,that cleared things up :)

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm loving this ! This is the type of Ultima game i've been after.

Started off as a ranger, must admit not keen on the way the bow works so despite completing the first 'mission' i started again as the knight.

But love the way it plays, missions, lots of levelling up, loot, caves etc so far. The world seems huge, superb. I'm going to make sure i give this a 5 star review on the app store for sure

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Wish was multiplayer too

18. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    You can re-invert the controls how the bow works in the settings. It's much easier then and a lot more fun playing as a ranger :)

I already gave it my 5 stars. This game is so much fun and i'm rly glad they ported it over to iOS ^_^

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah good point, think i'll stay as a knight though. But again this is the type of game which is incredible value for the amount of gameplay you have.

Love the graphics, the way the game plays, interaction, just defeated the rats and that in the cave to get the vase thing. Cant wait to play more later.

20. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    This looks interesting, is this a rougue or more like dungeon crawler like Diablo?