Universal 9th Dawn - (by Made with Marmalade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. SaschaG

SaschaG New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Is it me, or is it SO hard?!

Hey,

playing as Knight (Level: 66, Str: 131, Dex: 77, Con: 119, Int: 22, Wis: 22) and have following Equipment:

Head: Helm of the Exalted
    Torso: Fire Platemail
    Arms: Fire Gauntlets
    Legs: Oath Bearer's Plate Legs
    Feet: Fire Sabatons
    R. Hand: Fire Sword
    L. Hand: Unwavering Tower Shield
    Necklace: Black Dawn Amulet
    Ring: Ring of the Defender

BUT ... no chance to get the "Sea King Ring" or get far into the Desert Palace (or how it named).

I've found 6 Treasures already, but don't know where the 7th is.

So ... is it so hard, or what i'm doing wrong?!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Argh I thought this was about the sequel!

Can't wait for that

This game is superb though. Love the huge world and the great graphics

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Sucks for you lol, warrior is the hardest character.

Tell us what you have and it might jog my memory of where the last thing is

4. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    can't find it on AppStore anymore.

5. SaschaG

SaschaG New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Argh, shit ... so i have choosen the wrong character .

Ok, I got:

- Turning Book
    - Shiny Linen
    - Broach That Breaks
    - Sleeping Hourglass
    - Heimdoom's Pipe
    - Mothercase Vase

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/9th-dawn/id627525184?mt=8

6. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    I see it available on US store, but for some reason not in my country, Europe - Czech Republic.

7. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    I don't see this in the US store anymore....

8. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yep no longer in US store.

9. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Wow what a sad day. One of my favorite iOS games and one that survived on my iPhone even after the great purge of ios games I did earlier this week (just got the bug to clean out what's installed on my phone). Not only is 9th Dawn gone but the entire publisher, Made with Marmalade is also gone. I'd say the pub didn't renew their $100 license fee with Apple and went under. Or maybe the devs (Valorware) behind 9th Dawn decided they would self publish?

Whatever the case the website for valorware.com is just a template at the moment & the already greenlit steam version of 9th Dawn appears abandoned.

The only positive possible news is the template used on valorware.com has the dates of a few weeks ago as the post dates. So maybe they are working on making a come back.

Either way, this was one dev I was happy to throw my money at and one of the best experiences I had as an iOS gamer.

10. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    It's still on Google Play for anyone with an android device who would like to play this awesome game

11. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Maybe you should just look at some wiki. I know their hiding places are mentioned in huh is thread somewhere though.

DONT READ, SPOILS WHAT HAPPENS AFTER GETTING ALL 7 TREASURES
    I hate to break it to you, but
    i don't think getting them all does anything- big daddy john just fights you and I'm not even sure he drops any loot or not

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Glad I still have this on my device. It's been on there since it was released and I still haven't gotten to it. I guess nows a good time if any!

13. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Haha same here. Great game.

14. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Made with Marmalade is just the tag line for Marmalade, an Xcode sdk. They're not a publisher, just a third party tool developer. It does look weird that valorware's site has a bunch of templated posts. I'm guessing they removed the game from the store because of compatibility issues. Hopefully 9th 2 will come out cuz unfortunately never got this game :(. It was on my list, but there were always so many other games... :/

15. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    "Made with Marmalade" was the actual name of publisher for the game. Go google it. I know it's a dev tool but they opened a publishing division. The 9th Dawn devs (Valorware) made some deal with the Marmalade people for publishing under that division. I can't remember if "Made with Marmalade" published any other games... but they are no longer on the appstore in any form so I don't know without extensive searching

I wonder if anyone has tested this game with a later version of iOS? I may get my son to install it on his 5S. He's running ios8 so maybe I can find out and post about compatibility issues. Since I have backups of the game I can just install it that way if it doesn't show in the purchased history.

I don't know when the game vanished from the store, but it has been 2 years since it launched so maybe whatever deal was made for publishing ran out. Either way it would be 2 years since MwM appeared as a publisher as well... so that license could have been up and with no sales to cover the costs they opted to shut it down.

Whatever the case a quick look at the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Valorware

It appears that they are still working on porting the game to Steam and aren't dead... just very understaffed.

16. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    It's back on the App Store now!

17. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Great news! I hope this means an update or a sequel is under development.

18. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    #618 Faeryan, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    I'm stuck on the "Let the bloodstained hand fall here" door.
    I do have the hand and stuff but the door is closed. Can't drop the hand and using it on several spots around the door won't help either.

I've done the side rooms, maze and the other one but neither helped.

Edit:
    When in doubt, whine on the forums. Just after writing this I managed it. Keeping this here in case someone runs into same problem and googles for the answer like I tried to.
    Use the hand pops you back into your inventory from which you target the door and it opens.
    This was actually the first time in the game I had to use targetable item activations. Coulda done with autotargeting here.

Edit2: Now that I opened the treasure vault by tapping the door only I wonder if that would have worked with the hand. Think I tried it though but can't remember for sure.

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Although the game can be played almost entirely with the buttons, some things just have to be tapped.
    I always tap chests instead of using the hand button, as you can easily miss chests, or open ones you have already opened.

I also feel sorry for anyone who is not a Mage, as the islands after the main story are really hardcore.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013