Universal 9th Dawn - (by Made with Marmalade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Anyone know if this Android expansion update is coming to the IOS version:
    (Or was it already included in the IOS version at launch?)

2. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Pretty sure most of that is already in.

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    No it's a single player game. Co-op and pvp games aren't a standard, they're game types.

4. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    You're an idiot.

5. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Awesome resurrection of the thread.
    If you're jumping into this thread unaware of this little gem and have any interest in old school Ultima games, just buy this. You won't regret it.

6. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Unless I'm remembering wrong, death returns you to your last save spot, but I think you retain everything acquired. Rogue likes are usually a lot more punishing. Some enemies respawn (though rarely ever to the same level as when you first find them) but all the items in the world are fixed. Once you search a pot, casket, chest or whatever it will never gain new items later. So it gets easily to clear out an area and move on. The world is pretty big, so expect to walk around a lot between towns and other places of interest.

Quests are pretty varied. Many involve finding something or someone. Most, if not all, are more than just combat.

I actually still keep this game on my iPhone since I loved it so much.

7. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I just found out about this game a week or two ago and just looked at it the other day. Amazed I didn't know about it before - definitely enjoy single player RPGs. Is there a story or is it just a series of quests? And if there is a story, how is it? Original, well written, or full of the usual cliches?

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    I for one am appalled... APPALLED I tell you. :rolleyes:

OK, sarcasm aside... HO-LEE CRAP. So this is the kind of title I missed in my 3 month absence? Yee-OW! :eek:

Need. Phone. With. Increased. Storage... NAO.

DBC

9. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I think a lot of people get roguelike and just a general RPG mixed up. A 2D RPG does not make it a roguelike. Permadeath does.

Yes this RPG is awesome. I hope to see more from Valorware.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Is the map in this game randomized, or is it always the same?

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I reply to myself with the e-mail I got from the devs. If you like this game (and hope for a sequel), you might be interested in the content of their reply ;)

Unfortunately, the current version of the game does not have any randomization. We're working on a brand new engine for the sequel to the game which will feature random dungeon crawling, however, so there is that to look forward to. The original 9th Dawn was pretty much an experiment that we didn't even imagine would do very well, but we've got lots of good feedback and criticism, and the game itself has done very well for itself, so we're going to be completely remaking the original in the new engine and releasing that as a free update before releasing the sequel. If you're all about random dungeons and procedural content, hold off until the sequel (it will be a mix of random and manually designed content). If you're still interested in the original, I just wanted to give you a heads up that it is getting a HUGE overhaul later this year, so keep your eyes peeled. We're going to be making a demo video of our work so far hopefully later today, which we'll release within the next week or two.

12. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Great news! I just started playing this fantastic game and I'm in the first village, but after reading the above I think I'll wait for this update and in the meantime I'll take care of my huuge backlog. Looking forward to see the video!

13. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Nice update! Thanks!

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The update sounds like it'll be fantastic. I wouldn't wait for it though as the game has 3 characters that all play differently so its cool to play through this multiple times. Maybe I'll save one play through for after the update but I'm still going to finish my second one as well as hit the bonus content that opens after defeating the final boss.

I'm actually glad this game doesn't have random dungeons. It makes for a more memorable adventure. Still, I'm planning to buy the sequel once it releases.

15. JustKarma

JustKarma Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I'm with you, in this game I prefer having all the little secret places to find in the dungeons rather then just have them totally random. glad to hear there is a sequel coming, this is one of the few completed games I keep on my ipad because I enjoyed it so much.

16. AQ808

AQ808 Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    I'm definitely enjoying this game after picking it up last week.

Inventory management is crazy annoying though. If I am playing as a knight, I should have a way to filter all items which only pertain to the knight.

I love the size and scope of the world. It is huge and well done!

If you are out to blow minds with part 2, make it even larger!

I'm not even too far along even though I've put a few hours in it. Destroyed the throned Skullit yesterday which was quite fun.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Glad you're enjoying it. I've completed the main quest but i'm having fun with certain dragons on a certain part of the map (they are tough tough tough !).

Just checked out their forum yesterday as i was eager to read updates about the sequel. Think early days yet but cant wait, 9th Dawn was one of the best games for me this year, i played it a LOT. A great game

18. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    According to my iPad Mini running iOS 7, the game doesn't exist. It downloads, but there is no app icon, no opening the app from the App Store, or anything. I spent 3$ on this game and I can't even play it.

19. ValorwareRuki

ValorwareRuki Member

Jun 8, 2013
    #579 ValorwareRuki, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    Hi Hourglass, sorry about that. I've not heard of that problem before, although some users have had trouble with ios7 regarding text input. We issued an update a few weeks ago but it's only just appeared in the App Store. Can you confirm you have the updated Version: 1.6.2 and not Version: 1.6.0?

If that doesn't solve the issue can you please provide as much detail as you can. We do own a couple of ipads but we never really use them and aren't very familiar with them sorry

*edit* I did a quick google and sorry if you've already tried this, does it appear after you restart your device?

20. hourglass

hourglass Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Restarted it twice. The app icon appeared on the second try. Thanks!