Universal 9th Dawn - (by Made with Marmalade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I'm pretty much around the same level and barely played anything else since. But then work has been crazy the past few weeks so haven't really kept up recently...

Still..what a fun big game.

2. Daman2u

Daman2u Active Member

May 12, 2012
    MD656LL/A

I'm assuming the A at the end of the model number means I'm on the A1428, hopefully this still helps.

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I don't understand it won't let me equip certain weapons, it says need like 20 more, I'm confused....

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think that's to do with your skills. Once you reach a certain level you can use more powerful weapons

5. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok sweet thanks I see that now.

6. Valorware 2

Valorware 2 Active Member

Jun 6, 2013
    I can't find anything official that suggests that the MD656LL/A is the A1428. One of the users that was having the freezing problem was on a device which actually listed itself as a GSM A28 (which I am sure is the A1428). You guys that are saying the game works for you keep telling me the device you are using is an MD656LL/A. Until someone tells me that they've got one of those and it doesn't work, I'm starting to think that the problem may be a model difference, but the two seem almost identical from what I've read...

7. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Gonna give this one a try on my 4th Gen iPad, looks great, and who can resist old-school RPG action.

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Just beat the game finally yesterday. Starting the last 2 islands and boy am I getting clobbered..don't know if its the lack of a better weapon or weak armor..or both. ;-P

9. Hawtpants

Hawtpants Member

Apr 16, 2013
    That happened to me on the last island. I was playing as a Mage and got completely destroyed on the Snow island, eventually I ended up with about 100 points each in Con and Wisdom, and the rest in INT. Even still, I was getting clobbered.

If you're playing as a mage, I'd say just go to the NW snow island long enough to do the Kind Kobold quest, then hit up Zarahakul and that island first. The snow island doesn't have anything particularly great for mages, but you can get the best armor in the game from exploring the dungeons on the SE desert island.

Eventually I came back to the snow island at level 98 with souped up gear... and still died instantly upon warping in to the last few rooms. Definitely ticked me off to keep dying so often at the very end of the game. I had to use a console command to cheat just to survive entering the snow island's boss' lair, lol

10. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #550 tops2, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks! Yeah, I started exploring the SE island later last night and can do much better now. Now to finish exploring the SE island before moving to the snow island.

I don't like how some rooms I just get smothered with enemies upon entry...but I'm playing as the archer and 2 of his skills really helps. ;-)
    That and thank goodness for no death penalties.

11. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    So good!

Really enjoying this game, looks like XCom, KOTOR, & Warhammer will be taking a backseat for a bit! Simply great.

12. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I emailed you before seeing this. I have a bug that freezes the game within seconds of moving, so it's completely unplayable.

My model is MD662X/A and I'm running iOS 6.1.4

Would love to play this game if I can ever get it working!

13. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Level 71, questing in the lower right side sandy island and I met dragons.

even at 71 I'm getting slaughtered and cannot kill them, did I go to the wrong island first?

14. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Just saw this game today and got it on a whim. This game is awesome, played it in one sitting all the way through the main quest final boss. A quick travel at least to spawn points would have been nice, but not bad regardless. Yea, really had a great time w this.

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    after beating the main quest you can get a teleporter from the 'odd merchant' next to one of the spawn points

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Great stuff. This is one game where i wish i could forget everything and play it from scratch again, thats how much i enjoyed it ! Still playing now, not as much as i'm on an island getting beaten up by dragons all the time but i'm still loving the look and feel of this. Cant wait for the next game from the dev

17. Sandalfo

Sandalfo Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Paris, France
    a bit of help

I'm having a great time with this game on iPhone5. However there are no quests in my journal so i don't know what to do.

What i've done so far:
    got two of the "treasures"
    got the hand, got into the castle, killed the lich boss
    so i guess this is it for the main quest but what next?
    where do i get the extra quests?:confused:

18. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#558 Bronxsta, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    I'm 99% sold on this game. Come on, a massive open world dual stick RPG on IOS, how could I not love a game like that?

Just three questions:
    1) Is this a roguelike? Like one life that's it? (Which I love)
    2) Is the only option combat? Or do you have choices or non combat options for some quotes?
    3) How varied is the world? I've seen forests and towns, what about snowy areas, deserts, swamps, caves, beaches, etc?

19. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    1) no its action rpg with save spots
    2) how else are you going to survive? If you mean classes there's a knight, Mage And archer each with their own weapon sets and magic.
    3) yea it's got all of that

If you like open world action rpg's then you will provably love it as much as I do.

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Thanks. World sounds great. And I've seen the game referred to as a roguelike in some reviews. So not one life, any roguelike elements?

And about choices, I mean like quests, are they all combat focused or are they more varied? I never played Ultima or those kinds of RPGs so maybe a lot of combat is old school style

I'm going to get the game either way, just curious