9 pages of apps

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by julzsantana15, Jul 20, 2009.

1. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    The iphone/ipod touch only hold 9 pages of apps, but does include the home page with the clock, calender, app store, itunes, etc.

2. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Fixed so people may understand better.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Actually - you can store as many apps as you have space for (there may be a limit, but I've never reached it) but you'll only ever see the first nine pages unless you use the search function in the 3.0 OS (which is awesome, by the way!)

I really wish I could remove (or "turn off" ala Nike+iPod) some of the default apps that I don't use...

4. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    In the 3.0 OS you can have 11 pages but as people have said before you can still put apps on after that, they just won't show up on the page. You can of course search for them which means you can have as many apps as you want (to an extent).

5. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    oh, I thought someone created a thread to tell us that the iPod holds 9 pages of apps

6. P3Z

P3Z Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Slough, England
    Try checking out an app for free called "Categories".

You can put all those pesky games / apps /etc into folders and sub route the first 1/2 pages :)

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Categories only works for jailbroken iDevices I believe. I would otherwise be all over it.

Actually the methodology (or lack thereof) of the springboard is my biggest reason to consider jailbreaking. I thought that the Apple was supposed to me user friendly... Having programs that are hidden - so you have to remember they are hidden, and you have to remember their names - it makes the hardest "memory training game" easy by comparison...