9 Page limit - what are you going to do ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by mattyduk, Dec 23, 2008.

1. mattyduk

mattyduk Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    So Apple must have been surprised by the sheer explosion of apps and the number they've sold.

So what happens when you hit 9 pages ?

Does the Iphone stop accepting apps you buy ?

How do you manage the problem - from Itunes ?

Do you just delete them from the iphone then copy them back from Itunes when you want to use the app again?

Hopefully they will introduce something into 2.3

cheers

Mat

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The apps will get pushed to a 'virtual' (hidden) 10th page, which you can't see or access. Those apps will return when you remove apps from the first 9 pages again.

At least, that's what I've heard. I use iTunes to keep my apps down to 4-6 pages. (It used to be 4, it's 5 now but I guess it'll be 6 in a few weeks. I do prefer to clean my pages up once in a while!)

3. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    thanks for the reply.

So using Itunes - do you just not sync them back to the Iphone (the ones you want to keep on your pc/mac but not show on the Iphone pages) or do you actually have to delete them ? Sorry a bit confused as I've been mainly installing apps via the onboard appstore.

4. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    ^ No, you don't have to delete them from your iTunes. Just un-check the box of the app you don't want when syncing...

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    When you connect the device, you get all these tabs, one for music, one for video, etc. At the end there is one for applications. There, like EDNG said, you can simply uncheck the box for the apps you don't want to sync.

6. mattyduk

Jul 22, 2008
    cheers for the replies. I'll give it a go tonight

thanks again

Mat

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Would Apple be able to issue an update so as to give us more than 9 pages? Or maybe have a separate "folder" just for games within the iTouch/iPhone itself, as is the case for music and video. Y'know, just as one hits "music" to get into their music library, and "video" to get into their video library, they'd hit "games" or "apps" to get into their game app library. Wouldn't that make things much simpler for all? And, hell...doesn't it actually make sense to do it that way?

8. ea84

ea84 Member

Dec 24, 2008
    mail carrier
    texas
    categories

this is why i love my jailbroken iphone, i have the categories app with about 74 games in a folder and also a media folder for all radio apps. so no biggie to me, but would like to see more pages added.

9. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Apple seriously needs to change the way the pages work and maybe consider something like folders. I'd also like to see a change to reorganizing apps. It's way too tedious :p