Universal 868-HACK by Michael Brough

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Aug 30, 2013.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    got to the secret level again - got greedy after using a .CALM and died. This secret level has done me no good whatsoever! What a game!

2. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    So many great new games packed onto my iPad Pro, and I'm playing 868-Hack. #
    Finally broke 100. Got 109 in 5 runs. I haven't purchased the expansion yet, as I was waiting to get a better handle on the base game. There are still a few progs I haven't completely explored, so a bit more field work is called for, then I'll pick up the expansion.

For those who have played with the expansion, do you find that it benefits your gameplay?

Love this infuriating game.

3. leokon96

leokon96 Active Member

Jun 3, 2016
    after the 10.3.3 update the game feels slower
    (it only happens with this one)

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Can't figure out how to reach the secret level.. I've gotten 8 progs but I'm not sure what to do next..

5. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Wahoo! Just about managed to weasel my way into the top 10 of all time with 119 points (I'm TheShriver). Seems very tenuous there right at the bottom, so please, citizens of the world, all agree never to play 868 hack again so I can stay in there. It's the noble thing to do! :D

6. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    if you use them in that order, 86856527, it'll
    unlock. Promise.

7. uncoolcentral

uncoolcentral Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Can't run programs

Second time this is happened to me. Figured I'd look for answers here. Last time I had firewalls on three sides and a baddie on the fourth. … Slightly different this time.

I am able to fire or move but can't run any programs. I believe last time I had a siphon and used it which caused me to die.

Anybody know what's up? Is this a known rule/limitation? I close the game and restart, but that doesn't help. Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. uncoolcentral

uncoolcentral Member

Feb 23, 2017
    … Maybe this matters: currently I am still running after having completed one run. I don't remember my run Status the last time this happened.
    iPhone SE running the latest iOS 10, not iOS 11. (Can't be updating until I'm able to play Zaga-33 and Trainyard!)

9. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Not sure if anyone's still around for this thread or if my question has been covered but:
    Does anyone know what the black numbers in plan.b indicate? I'm referring to the numbers that show how many enemies siphoning a certain cell will cost. Usually they're a solid color but sometimes will be black inside a colored border. Anyone? Thanks in advance for any info or advice.

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Sadly ios 16.0.3 seems to have borked this one for me. Screen is rendered wayyyy off-centre so it’s unplayable.
    Anyone else?

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I sadly can confirm this on my iPad Pro (2021), iOS 16.1.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Contacted the dev, he’s working on a fix.:)

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    So stoked it hasn't been abandoned!