Universal 80 Days (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
  2. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    As far as I have seen, there is no way to have multiple saves...

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok my game is stuck after I made a choice the red line isnt moving. and the time is going, any quick fix? I tried rebooting the ipad and just loads up the save still glitched.

4. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    sent my gamesave to the devs, hoping for a fix as I feel awful as my gf was really digging the game and then it just stopped on day 70.... I really hope that sending the save gets this fixed in future update.

Please As this just sucks if it happen again.

5. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Has anybody competel a trip without using a hotel
    There's the achivement for it

6. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Finally "found love in London", now time to give the game a break ;)

Since it wasn't linked here already, a nice article on IGN about all the obscure events:

www.ign.com/wikis/80-days/Tips_and_Tricks

(obv. some mild spoilers)

7. PVBuk

PVBuk New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    #147 PVBuk, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  8. Bina007

Bina007 Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Still searching for snowdon

Although now at least I'm getting hints, while in a mutiny, of a certain hijacking that I'm trying to replicate! Any hints gratefully received!

9. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I still don't know what to say.... Third play through and I still love this game. Great job by the Devs. It's not often I love a game so much, in fact I think the only other game that flabbergasted me like this was the Angband Variant T.O.M.E. 2.6 or whatever it was now..... This game here is amazing, it slaughters the two other ones by the same dev. I don't know how they can add more content to this but I really wish they would.

Oh! You know what? They should make journey to the centre of the earth!!! Or 20,000 leagues under the sea!!!! What about mysterious island? Omg! I hope they make tons on this game! Could you imagine being one of the guys on the nautilus? Captain Nemo sailing you around all over the place? Omg! Hell it wouldn't take much for them to make that or the other ones....

I am going to hope and pray they do!

Heeeeeheeee go ahead call me names! I freaking want those so bad! I'm only 30 but I love Jules Verne man and these guys make me feel like I'm in the story! And this wasn't even close to being Verne's best

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    im really enjoying this game but my question is how different does it get on multiple playthroughs?

11. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    We'll the second play through was pretty much completely different. I went to Paris just the same but it didn't show me the same dialogs it did the first play through which was nice. The third play through I went an entirely different route so everything seems a bit different, I just hit one thing that was the same and that doesn't bother me in the least because I picked a different choice to see what happened. There's like story branches all over the place man, I almost gave up my trip around the world to follow a girl.... It's pretty good, there's story lines within the story line. I'm really interested in seeing how some of it turns out. The whole steam punk thing works brilliant. Sorry I can't sing praises enough....

What can I say I'm like a belieber but for80 days (I scream and throw my undies at my tablet when I see it)

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I recently finished my first play through of 80 Days and I just stopped by to say that this game has jumped to somewhere near the top of my "best of 2014" list. Excellent quality; the more of these Inkle make, the more I'll buy.

13. PVBuk

PVBuk New Member

Aug 18, 2014
    You've not played/searched enough to find everything in this game. :)

Try heading south from the Mediterranean to the southern tip of Africa. ;)

14. savetheclocktower

savetheclocktower New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    How on earth do you get to
    Novorossiysk to start the story with the Finnish dancer? I learn about her existence from the random guy in Minsk, and I'm assuming I need to get to Novorossiysk because a random headline always says she's been spotted there. But the only way to get there seems to be from Odessa, and if I come to Odessa straight from Minsk then I'm too rattled from that carriage ride to accept one to Novorossiysk.

So
    am I wrong in thinking that I need to go to Minsk first? Should I skip Minsk and get to Odessa another way? Or is there something else I'm missing?

15. doglatine

doglatine New Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Such a fantastic game

I love 80 Days, and this is the third Inkle game I've been blown away by (Sorcery 1 and Sorcery 2 being the others). It's also the first real computer game (excluding 2048 and its ilk) that I've been able to persuade my wife to play, and she now loves it. She's also a professional writer, and I think it was the quality of the writing that got her into it (plus the absence of combat - that's what she disliked about the Sorcery games; I love the combat in Sorcery!, but combat seems to be a dealbreaker for some people - especially those women who don't play a lot of videogames).

I know the guys at Inkle read these posts, and that they have done some big updates in the past (e.g., female characters and better spellcastsing in Sorcery!) so in case they're listening, I'd like to mention that I think that America (North and South) is a route-bottleneck in the game. I've done a dozen playthroughs so far, and my routes through Europe and Asia have varied every time, but the Americas almost always go San Francisco-> Burlington-> New York -> London. I've done Lima-> Machu Pichu -> Tabantinga and on to either Port-au-Prince or Belem, but it seems to take WAY longer than the northern route, and even then, there's not a ton of variety in that part of the game. You could simply rebalance things to make a South/Central American route more attractive, but I would love to see you guys ease the bottleneck and add a 'far northern' route - from Vladivostok to the Bering Straits, across Canada, and on to London via Halifax (how cool would that be? What steampunk inventions might the Inuit have?), as well as adding a more southerly American route (maybe Lima-> Santiago-> Buenos Aires then on to Freetown).

Anyway, this is an awesome game from an awesome company, and I'm super thrilled as a Brit to see my country produce high calibre games like this. I hope Inkle go on to become super successful and make a bunch more well-written games (but when EA try to buy you out, please say no, okay?)

16. Bina007

Bina007 Member

Aug 15, 2014
    @savetheclocktower

You can sail there from Istanbul

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so I just beat the game and got a quick question, i understand there is choices that effect your way accross the world but what Im confused about is every ending under 80 days the same? can anyone confirm this? and after playing this masterpice im considering picking up socery

18. Passed Partout

Passed Partout New Member

Sep 3, 2014
    The first time I played the game, I got back to London in 87 days (after getting hung up in Hong Kong).

My question: Is it possible to just wander around the globe and visit all 150 cities and never return to London? Or is there some plot device that prevents you from doing so?

19. mwidjaja1

mwidjaja1 New Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Great Game!

80 Days was the first Inkle game I ever played and I really like it -- good work to the 4 person development team! I love how even though it seems simple, there's a lot of variability in getting all of the achievements and all. With a lot of work, I was able to make it through the world in 39 days but it certainly wasn't simple at all (http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=C1MSxb5nax&playerName=@iwidji)

Looking forward to play Sorcery 1 & 2!

20. DoubleDeuce

DoubleDeuce New Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Wow!

As an avid app gamer this app is by far one of the greatest I have ever played. The amount of detail that Inkle has packed into this game is remarkable. So far I have travelled around the world eighteen times and counting and I'm astounded that new events are still in the aplenty. I like to take my time and explore all the story lines which unfortunately means Fogg loses his bet a lot :) . It's amazing how an item you picked up in your suitcase can affect storyline a much farther down the road. An artificers medallion you picked up early in the game can completely shift your travels in a different content. There are so many items to pick up ( Buddha's tooth anyone?) so many different stories it's amazing. I would also like to applaud Inkle on the setting of the 80 days world. All the story lines mesh together so nicely and the steampunk twist makes the game even more fun! The artwork is also great the illustration of the moving city is absolutely fantastic!

I know other travelers on this forum were talking about the Americas being a bottleneck and I have to Agree. There are SO many adventures to be had in Europe and a lot in Asia but in the Americas the routes you can take are much fewer. I have noticed on the 80 days map there are a lot of towns ie Salvador Buenos Aires that seem unreachable. I hope Inkle are planning on adding routes to these towns In a later update ( or maybe they are reachable and I haven't found out yet). I also encourage Inkle to add routes in Canada ( Russia to Alaska would be fun). I only noticed this bottleneck after my eighth loop around the world and it only decorates from the game if you have played it a bunch.

Finally does anyone know how to get to mount Elbrus or the guy who travels to the center of the earth? I have hit all the major story lines except for these to and it's driving me crazy!!! Some help would be appreciated

Thanks To Inkle for making this spectacular game!