Universal 80 Days (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. suzanimated

suzanimated Member

Aug 3, 2014
    LOL looks like you're right!

2. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    How do you move items between luggage?
    When I have to dump a bag I'm not able to move items of importance into half empty bags.

Thanks

3. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Absolutely love this game, what a timekiller ;)

My four favorite storylines on the longer routes:

1. Travelling in the Nautilus with Captain Nemo. That one is so great and surprising.
    2. The long Pacific crossing with the two ladies fighting it out over Mr. Fogg's heart. Wonderful humor, and I'll have to replay that one for a few times for sure to see the different...approaches.
    3. The mutiny - not difficult to accomplish but very rewarding.
    4. The murder mystery - haven't solved it yet even though I know the general approach.

Well, off to playthrough number 9!

4. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    I know how to solved the murder mystery it has a very good reward.
    P.S What is the place of the long Pacific with those two ladies? :D

5. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    From Rangoon to Batavia (near Singapore) you can go into Brisbane and Auckland

6. suzanimated

suzanimated Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Did you steal the pencil? Some of the funniest options in the game!

7. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    #127 GmK, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    Brisbane - Lima abord an airship.

Will try on the next run!

---

Also, I did get all the talk with Inspector Fix about...things...but it seems to have had no influence on the game except him appearing again at the end in the club in London. Not sure if I went wrong somewhere or if that's intended.

8. suzanimated

suzanimated Member

Aug 3, 2014
    There's an option here which is pretty book accurate as this game goes (I'm looking at you, Aouda) which can play through to an encounter between Fogg & Passepartout in Japan which is alone worth the price of the game.

9. Aurelius

Aurelius Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Is there a way to travel the world the other way around? Some of the items wouldnt make sense if that wouldnt be the case. I guess the route would start in Snowden, but how could it be unlocked?

10. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=vO9QMKcfsC&playerName=@ktern

Just managed 49 days. I think I'll take a break from speedrunning and enjoy the sights next time :)

The price of the flight from NY to London seems to be randomly either 3300 pounds or 6800 and I didn't luck out on this run, which means there might have been a chance to shave off two days of bank time. Oh well?

11. andrewsGF50

andrewsGF50 New Member

Aug 4, 2014
    #131 andrewsGF50, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  12. savetheclocktower

savetheclocktower New Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Just finished in 54 days, my best result yet — though that could have been improved if I had managed not to get myself detained for four days.

http://www.inklestudios.com/80days/journeys/?id=daSwWtELWn&playerName=@andrewdupont

I do think I've found a bug, though: when I was in Moscow, I picked a destination on the Trans-Siberian Express, found that it departed in 4 days, but with my Russian Gentleman's wardrobe set I was able to negotiate that down to 2 days free of charge. And then, when I tapped on a different destination along the same line, I saw the new departure time (2 days hence), but found that I could further negotiate the departure time to tomorrow. Once I realized I could do this, I ended up doing a similar thing in Washington to get to New York faster — I could negotiate further by tapping on the destination again.

I'm nearly certain this is an unintended behavior, and it means that my 54-day result should have been more like 60.

Unrelatedly, it took me three tries to solve the Yokohama–Honolulu case, but one thing I can't figure out:
    how did the culprit get access to the murder weapon?

13. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    If you bring up "how did they get the murder weapon" as a point of discussion, it's said that pretty much anyone could have gotten their hands on the key to your room (wow, terrible security).
    I'm assuming that's meant as an explanation, although that part does come off rather vague.

14. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    My new endeavour is to find a way to reach Snowdon, what a pity that it always requires an almost complete round to find out if you get a route there...if it's even possible to reach that place!

One theory I had, and will test out next
    is when you go by airship from washington to Ponta Delgada, and you can ask them to divert to London despite low fuel, maybe it ends you up in Snowdon for some reason?

15. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014

To follow up on that: Nope, doesn't seem to be the way :D no success yet at all. Am also trying to reach Buenos Aires, no luck yet. What a wonderful game, even Sorcery didn't keep my attention as much ;)

16. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Wow! Just caught up on this thread, and wanted to leave a clue about how to get to Snowdon, for those interested.

You need to make a friend in Kristiania.

17. GmK

GmK Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Thank you!!

Made it to Snowdon, that was the most magical adventure yet, loved it! It was part of a 46day run, which could have been shorter if I didn't try to woe certain Mongolian princesses along the way ;)

The game doesn't stop to surprise!

Next stop: Buenos Aires, somehow.

18. Stikey

Stikey New Member

Aug 11, 2014
    All the Continents!

Hey everyone,

My most recent objective was to complete the game stopping in all (habitable) continents. I was able to do it in under 60 days!

The route I took was to get to Egypt, secure rapid and cheap transport to Pakistan via the adventure down the Nile, go through India via the most awesome mode of conveyance inkle devised for the game, head south through Singapore to Brisbane, across to Lima, then up through Port-au-Prince (gotta keep lots of cash in reserve to get there!), through DC and back to Europe.

Anyone else try this? I e-mailed inkle to suggest they put a special achievement in the game for completing the journey this way!

19. Bina007

Bina007 Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Snowden

Ok so I made a friend in Kristiana, I think, and discovered the alternate mode of transport in snowdon but can someone please give me another link, maybe under spoiler tags, because it's driving me crazy that I can't get there!

20. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    game looks great does it have multiple saves? so me and my gf can have are own game?