Universal 80 Days (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Well, my second playthrough didn't go so well. Returned to London on day 83. Darn. Had some trouble in Russia. Whoops :p

Again!

2. justinreach

justinreach New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    I am very much enjoying this game! One question - sometimes when I see goods for sale in the Market they have a price in cash and days; e.g. 6£ / 100d

I am not sure what this means - anyone have an idea?

3. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    First attempt 68 days! I wonder if I'll ever do better. Trip summary:
    Took the Orient Express as far as I could and then the train on to Kabul. Was highly tempted to go to Omsk as a spy, but aimed for Canton to sell goods. Plowing across SE Asia I encountered my only delays, had to wait a few days several times. It was scary when Fix drugged me in Canton, but Fogg caught up with me in Japan. Successfully started a mutiny, and once I reached San Francisco I had fast jumps all queued up: SF-Alcupulco-New Orleans-New York-London. I was worried because I got to SF on day 59 and I know that in the book, the American railways caused a lot of delays. I think that from San Francisco to London in 9 days is pretty good!
    There were many many places I wanted to see, but whenever a faster route opened I took it.

I am thinking that next game, I may try to stay as far northerly as possible.

4. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I believe those are pence.

5. BohemianCoast

BohemianCoast Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    OK devs; I'm on a Caleche from Acapulco to New Orleans and the game appears to have frozen; nothing is happening, it's just playing clippy clop noises and not going anyway. It's stuck just about at Houston Mind you, I've taken 92 days so far so maybe that's why.

I've stopped the game and restarted, and restarted my iPad, and no joy.

6. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    You've tried tapping on the vehicle icon I assume?

7. joethephish

joethephish Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hey, sorry to hear about this!

It's possibly a bug in the game logic. Would you mind tapping the cog icon in the top right corner, and choosing the "Send feedback" option. If you then choose to send us your save file, then it should help us to track down the bug. Thank you!

8. Hornsfan01

Hornsfan01 New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Also think I have an error

I am stuck in Acapulco. There is no option for planning or embarking. All that is available is Market, Bank, and Hotel. Every hotel stay gets me the same reply from the hotelier and then another day passes. I let almost two weeks pass (including getting to Day 80) and other than Fogg observing that we had failed, nothing changed across those 10-14 days.

On my cog icon, I see buttons for Credits, Restart Game, and Rate in App Store but no option for "Send Feedback" or for saving or sending a saved game to the developers.

Disappointing end to an otherwise great game!

9. joethephish

joethephish Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Loving reading about your trips! Keep em coming :)

10. joethephish

joethephish Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hmm, have you got email set up on your device?

11. Hornsfan01

Hornsfan01 New Member

Jul 31, 2014
    #51 Hornsfan01, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
    Yes, this was the problem! I use Gmail through the Gmail app, not the Apple Mail app. I set up Mail with my Gmail account, went back to the game, and the option to Send Feedback appeared! Thank you--save sent.

EDIT: Thanks to Jon with inkle who got my save, found the issue, and took the time to tell me that they found the error and it will be fixed in an update.

12. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    Joe when you buy any of the timetables do you need to keep it with you at all times to keep the routes or can you sell it after unlocking the routes

13. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

In the spirit of a rogue-like, I think you should be forced to find out by trial... and error. ;)

14. joethephish

joethephish Member

Jul 16, 2014
    You need to keep the timetable to keep the routes :)

15. joethephish

joethephish Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Typical Jon response. (Sorry, we shouldn't use the TA forum for our internal company banter ;-) )

16. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Five star rating in the App Store from me: "This is just so incredibly good! It's wonderful to look at, so fun to play, and just so completely marvelous in every way that I truly wish I could give it more than 5 stars. I am very glad I bought it, and foresee spending many, many hours playing it, for a very long time to come. I recommend it wholeheartedly!"

I'm seriously crazy about it. I'm also really grateful it came out now--I had surgery on a badly broken wrist this morning and it will be about 3 months before I can use my right hand/arm for much of anything. This game is PERFECT for playing under these circumstances, and so engrossing that it's genuinely taking my mind off of everything but the fun of playing! Great job, developers, and heartfelt thanks!

17. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Thanks, that means a lot to us... and get well soon! ;)

18. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    #58 j.e3diu, Jul 31, 2014
    Please do NOT read, this is intended for the devs and this was one of the most memorable moments in the game for me and you should experience it yourself. Reading it from this comment does not justify the brilliance of the writing and the atmosphere of the scene. Yes, the atmosphere of a text-adventure. ....... Dear developers, if this is the quality of your games, your stories, you have raised the bar pretty high. Thank you for Sorcery!, Sorcery! 2 and 80 days. Can not wait for your next game!

#edit
    Removed the part containing spoilers. Left the deserved praise.

19. inkle

inkle Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for posting... (but you can delete it now, if you want, in case people can't resist reading...)

20. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    #60 Ausar, Jul 31, 2014
    Funny enough i took this same route
    to be honest i was already expecting as well the end of my journey there

Inkle and Joe thanks for the info as soon i posted i tried with a just recent bought timetable and found my answer but still thanks to the two

One more question about the
    I dont remember well the name of the city but during in one trail travel you meet a lady that saids that you shouldn't go to russia but if you go you should visit her uncle that made bear armour anyway i meet the uncle and he give me a bear armour to take to someone on colombo for a huge amount of money althought i could sell it for a good price in dehli i think it was, but i keep to take it to colombo but one there i didn't get anything to give that armor and selling it in the market doesn't give that much of money did i miss something here?