Universal 80 Days (by inkle)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 30, 2014.

1. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012

Hahahah, nice reply!

2. Wolfsmith

Wolfsmith New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Unable to rearrange luggage

I'm excited to explore the 80Days 2.0 world, but I'm having an issue with my luggage. I'm playing on the 6s and I can't move my items around my luggage. Is anyone else having this problem. No rearranging or consolidating stuff for this guy

3. Wolfsmith

Wolfsmith New Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Stuck luggage being looked at.

I heard back from inkle quite quickly. They informed me there is an issue with some users of the new iPhone 6s because of the new force touch screen. Some folks say touching very lightly works to move their luggage.

Anyway, they're working on it. Can't wait to go to the moon!

4. IndyJohn

IndyJohn Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Black Rose

What am I missing? I ask Verne for a route to Zurich which seems to trigger the theft on the train, but that seems to be the end of it. Nothing happens in Paris and no route to Zurich.

5. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    What's the downloaded size?

6. Joeschmoe

Joeschmoe Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    On my last play through with the new update I happily meandered around the world in over 100 days, and encountered a couple of gentlemen in Lisbon who told me they were going around the world the other way. Is this just a tease or is there a way to go around backwards? I can't seem to find a route from London to Lisbon and I'm pretty sure they said that's how they got there.

7. Dom1nat0R

Dom1nat0R Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    almost 200 mb

8. Atticus

Atticus Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Very strange.

I did hear that some adventures unlock only after the second or third walkthroughs (for example I did not get any theft on the London-Paris route during my first journey with the update, but I do hope to get that during my second or third), so it's long odds but it could be that even the occurence probability of each story bit is varied across devices (downloads) - so that some may encounter the Black Rose during their first, but not the Zurich route (and its subsequent adventure) and some may get no glimpse of the Black Rose but do have the opportunity to reach Zurich instantly. (With both available in later walkthroughs.)

I'm saying this because, for me, there was no problem reaching Zurich during my first play - both Verne and exploring Paris revealed the route.

The fallback option is that some downloads are somehow messed up, in which case a mail or a tweet to inkle should not hurt.

9. Atticus

Sep 6, 2015
    I would say that's just a tease - as is the random occurence of a gentleman and his valet begging on the side of the road around the world falling victim/prey to high hotel prices/hefty bribe fees, etc. It's just self-irony.

10. 903124

903124 New Member

Feb 18, 2015

Dubrovnik too

11. 903124

903124 New Member

Feb 18, 2015
    #291 903124, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    floating village is in
    Regina

12. Joeschmoe

Feb 1, 2011
    Another question I have is about the money. I just finished a game where I never visited the bank and arrived in London with 24,000 pounds and the ending statistics said that I finished the game only4 pounds in debt. Huh? Even if the original four pounds was a loan how did I not pay it off and end up ahead?

13. VadeX

VadeX Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Anyone reached the Niagara Falls and get the achievement? I suspect it is a boat trip through the Great Lakes (thus 'going over the Falls'), but couldn't find such a route anywhere.

Also, anyone has success in getting into Duluth, Las Vegas, Winisk, Machu Picchu and Nassau? (And by 'getting into', I mean actually stopping at the location and getting the usual options like 'exploring' and 'hotel'. A fleeting mention in text boxes doesn't count.)

14. Atticus

Sep 6, 2015
    I've read an interview that "spending a night" in Machu Picchu is quite a challenge. Dunno about the others though, but I'm still convinced that the poker storyline should happen in Vegas so it should definitely be possible. Perhaps you have to have Playing Cards and/or Loaded Dice acquired along the way (just guessing though, I've not even been around Vegas yet).

15. VadeX

VadeX Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Seeing nobody has got the Machu Picchu achievement on steam and the recent patch from Inkle, I would say the related quest is not yet available as of now. But the Niagara Falls should be reachable, since about 0.2% of player has received the achievement.

And about the poker game you speak of, it is on the
    sea route between Houston and Havana

16. Atticus

Sep 6, 2015
    Thank you.

Btw, it's nice to see you still "in the game" and intending to update your route map as I found it immensely helpful when I've put my earlier journeys together. :)

17. Dissimulo

Dissimulo New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    I didn't think it were possible to kill Fogg but during a particularly disastrous attempt on the North Pole he died and I went missing! I've been trying new routes although this seems to constantly end up with me failing by a few days.

On a side note, has anyone ever been able to go Snowdon in this game?

18. VadeX

VadeX Member

Apr 30, 2015
    You can indeed get to Snowdon. Without spoiling anything, I say try exploring Kristiania first. Then follow the lead after making a certain suggestion.

19. Atticus

Sep 6, 2015
    In particular, try exploring Kristiania BEFORE you spend a night there (i. e. arrive in time for the Explore option to be still there instead of the Hotel option).

20. Joeschmoe

Feb 1, 2011
    Anybody been to the moon?