8-Bit Zombie by Psychen

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by psychen, Jun 28, 2012.

1. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #1 psychen, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Hey guys,

We are a week or two away from submitting our game to the app store. We're going to release our first game, 8-Bit Zombie! A cool 8-Bit, retro style 2-D zombie game, but with a twist.

What's the twist, you may ask? 8-Bit Zombie has a really sweet, full-featured physics engine, for throwing around body parts and bloody limbs. Haha.

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm0sgEpWj9U

Screenies below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Synaptic Wave

Synaptic Wave Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    PR manager at Synaptic Wave
    Odessa, Ukraine
    Bloody hell!
    Looks great :D

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Shweet! I'll keep an eye on this one!

4. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Looks like the zombies from zombieville. Hehe. This game looks good. I like retro-pixel style games! :D

5. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #5 psychen, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
    Hey guys! We submitted 8-Bit Zombie to the app store earlier tonight so you can expect to see the game on the store in the next two to three weeks. It's time for some 8-Bit beastin', son.

We have some new screenshots for you all:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Hey everyone,

Just a little update: our app got rejected twice! They were both stupid mistakes with the meta-data and then we also apparently made the rating too "soft" for a game of this "caliber."

Anyway, know that 8-Bit Zombie is definitely on it's way now and should be out any day now!

7. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Hey psychen, im a big real big fan of zombie games and i was wondering if this is free? Srry if this a wrong question to ask.

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Wow... 8-bit bloodsplatter; that is mindnumbingly cool.

9. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Haha no worries. We actually haven't decided yet if it will be free or pay, but most likely what will happen is that it will be free for the first couple of days and then be 99 cents thereafter. (we have to make money, too! haha)

However, if the cost is too burdensome, I'm sure we could get you a promo code for the game since you love zombie games so much!

Thanks undeadcow! We try! lol

10. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    I understand that you have to make money. Haha! If this game is good and i like it, dude, im your earned fan! Oh thats very nice of you for the promo code bro, but you dont have to. I mean im a real big fan of epic zombie games man! And lookin forward to the physics, im ready to butcher their body like its a cake, a sweet red cake indeed! Lookin forward to it Bro!!!!!!! :D :)

11. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    Oh and i forgot, i cant wait to kick their 8 bit pixel zombies ass with my shotty!

12. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Haha totally man! The trick is unlocking stopping power and then getting the gold shotgun. Then the pixel-ass-kicking really begins...

13. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    Haha epic awesome Bro! Hey just one question, will it be easier to earn money or ingame credits?

14. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    There aren't even any in-app purchases because we are so against that game model. We believe that players should pay for a game one time, not 5 five times. We actually went through 3 or 4 iterations of prices to make sure that the prices for market items are reasonable given the average currency made per game.

Thus, don't be too worried about the money aspect.. It'll be fun enough to play until you have enough money to buy an item/upgrade/weapon/etc., and then it gets even more fun with each additional item because they help get more money plus help get a high score!

Also, as a note for everyone, a trailer for the game may be coming out in the next few hours / days. Be on the lookout. :)

15. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    Omg ME TOO! I hate that game model with iap, seems like a rip off. True that is true and good thing you did find a reasonable currency man nice job! AWESOME ARE YOU FKING ME MAN!?!?! This game gets better and better! Well... Time to delete some of my old zombie games for this sweet game! Im already on a lookout! Keep up the good work bro!

16. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    Oh could there slight chance of having coop or tdm multiplayer or whatver? Would it have that in a near future?

17. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    This looks really cool :) definetely getting it.
    Is there like a survival mode? Or multiplayer?

18. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    We actually have multiplayer and a couple different game modes planned and ready to be implemented (Survival mode and WAVE MODE!)

ALSO!!, trailer comes out TOMORROW!!

19. psychen

psychen Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Haha thanks for the feedback man, we look forward to seeing you on the leaderboards! (Good luck beating me) :p

20. deadlock32

Jun 27, 2012
    There really is multiplayer?!?! Fk yea dude! Thanks for reaponsing back to keep us updated thanks dude! Well we'll see about that on the leaderboards! :D