iPad 8 Bit Space (by Glass Frog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Royce, Mar 13, 2020.

1. #21 Makara Nou, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    My first impression after 40 mins ish gameplay
    - It doesn't auto-rotate to another side of the screen. As I use a flip case, playing on the other side of the screen would feel better.
    - It would be great if I can resize the buttons and rearrange them as I have small hands.
    - The control works perfectly. I don't think MFI controllers support would be necessary. Yes, it can be an advantage but the game is still enjoyable without that.
    - The gameplay is casual. When I explored the area and could find the gem, it felt very satisfying.

PS: I also uploaded a video. Hope more people would see your game in Google search result.

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @GFG And I’m done. Took me 2 and a 1/2 hours (according to Screen time) to 100% complete the game which is a fantastic value considering the asking price. And I’m sure I’m gonna do another run. I love the references to other ZX Spectrum classic games in form of statues in each trophy room. I’m wondering if anyone can recognize each one of them. Thank you for this trip down the memory lane to my gaming youth. It was amazing!

3. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    @anthony78 If I get around to building an iPhone version I will tag you in the post :)

@Makara Nou You make a good point about auto flip I will fix that for the build.
    Also, I will look into what I can do about button size options too.
    Thank you for the gameplay video, it's always fun to see what different approaches people take to each level.

@macplash That's awesome! I'm really happy someone took the time to complete the game and enjoyed playing it also. It took me a while do whittle it down to the 5 statues I picked for the Relic temples as there are so many games i Loved on the Zx Spectrum haha.

4. Maxime0683

Maxime0683 Active Member

Feb 5, 2020
    Male
    same for me!

GFG likes this.
  5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #25 psj3809, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    Looks amazing but it’s very very rare to have an iPad only platformer. Second this is universal I’ll be buying this.

edit - after reading all the comments I’ll be buying this later 100% to support the dev. Don’t play much on my iPad but this game looks too good !!

Love the speccy stuff I’ve seen like the loading screen

edit 2 - played a few levels. Really good. So reminds me of an 8 bit classic. Might be more BBC actually than speccy. Either way we’ll worth picking up

6. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    @psj3809 Thanks for downloading and I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I can see where you're coming from with the BBC Micro Comparison, I remember having one at school and playing Granny's Garden on it, it was a great little system. :D

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just conpleted the game. Loved it. Lots of levels. Not too frustrating. Difficulty level just about right

a superb retro platformer, now how about a sequel ? ;)

8. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    @psj3809 I'm really glad you enjoyed it and thank you for taking the time to complete it.
    I would love to make a sequel one day but first, I'm working on a Mac and Kindle Fire tablet port.

Also a big thank you to both @psj3809 and @Makara Nou for leaving reviews on the App Store, that's a great help, Cheers :D

9. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Makara Nou likes this.
  10. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I Have made 8 Bit Space free for the week if anyone would like to try it.

Makara Nou likes this.
  11. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @GFG that is very generous of you! Thank you.

I suggest everyone with iPad to play this beauty. Although, I encourage everyone to just buy it and support the dev so we can have more games like this in the future.

psj3809 likes this.
  12. Very kind of u

13. GFG

GFG Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Makara Nou likes this.