75$ -> Scrambleface Contest and promo code giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by suksmo, Oct 27, 2010.

1. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    And thank you for being my posting buddy throughout the contest and coconutbowling! :)

2. Vagrant

Vagrant Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Great contest and enjoy looking at funny post everyday...
    everyone is a winner!!!

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    So any word yet on the results? I know it's only been a few day, but i'm very eager.

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Winners were announced on the previous page. :(

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Woah, not sure how I missed that :p

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Would like to know has all the winners received their itunes GC??

7. suksmo

suksmo Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Everyone bar the facebook winner Teng has theirs (I've been sending winners paypal payments as I'm not in the US) - I'll get him a code if I can't make a payment via paypal to Teng. I'd be grateful if any of the winners post to let everyone know!

8. suksmo

suksmo Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    I'm looking to arrange a new competition in the near future.

I've got a couple of ideas - a one day tweet as much as you can regarding Scrambleface being part of this years Appvent Calender on Wednesday or maybe a scrambled picture contest where users post pictures of them pulling funny faces (if I did this I would be looking for permission to use the pictures for promotion of Scrambleface - for example in an add or maybe even screenshots or an icon) - what do you guys think?

9. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i dont really like this "tweet as much as you can" kind of contest. I'd rather do something more creative and challenging, like that funny face challenge, though you (suksmo) would vote, not us, since cheaters can cheat and create multiple accounts. Maybe a drawing contest of some sort? A riddle / puzzle?

10. suksmo

suksmo Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    What I'm trying to develop (probably unsuccesfully) is a bit of publicity. It was the first time I'd ran such a set of contests. The review contests worked vvv well. I got a good number of facebook fans. Twitter was through the roof - I was like the #15 most tweeted about game video in the world - this didnt convert as sales though.

I'm likely to go with something more creative as I feel that will generate more a community both on here and social networks. The funny face idea is one another would be design an Icon (even on paper - I can do the rest - or maybe get a graphic designer to finish it off) - I do have a new Icon arranged for Scrambleface (it may fall foul of Apples guidlines). Even just some scrambled drawings - I could post the best entries to Facebook/Twitter - who doesn't want to see a scrambled Chuck Norris.

11. suksmo

suksmo Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Ok big big news - Happy Appvent!

In collaboration with www.appventcalendar.com our App is FREE today! (its actually featured on www.appventcalendar.com tomorrow but I've free'd it slightly early) - its free in all countries - please download it, leave a nice review if you enjoy it, get your friends to download it, tweet about it, link to it on Facebook, blog about it - I'd love to see it in the top 100 free games!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scrambleface-live-action-video/id394830799?mt=8