$700 in iTunes Gift Cards or PayPal: BaliFied - Word Game of the Gods

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Dragon Game Studio, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KoOne23

KoOne23 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Third time's a charm! ;)

Attached Files:

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Your score makes no sense unless you played against yourself or a friend that give you the game by allowing you to us the big words and taking the smallest ones possible

I'm calling shenanigans

3. Dragon Game Studio

Dragon Game Studio Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    The points does indeed look very strange. But I know Robert, he is one of our first beta testers from Beta Family, and I've played plenty of matches with him. And I don't think KoOne23 would do anything like that or had Robert do anything to make him win. Maybe Robert was just trying out things or stress testing the game without playing seriously or something like that... I have no idea to be honest.

And KoOne23 already has won the first and second prize in the competition, so he won't even be able to win any of those prizes again anyway (on same principle as you didn't get 3rd prize last week), so this might even work out in your favour dreadnok :)

4. KoOne23

Apr 20, 2010
    It didn't occur to me that the points were indeed unusual until you mentioned, but feel free to clarify it with Robert on how or why it happened. To me it's all fair and square, but if you're still unconvinced I'll post a new score here. Don't bother with why players can get high scores, try to figure out how instead.

I'll share a tip that often collects massive points if it is done correctly. When your opponent saved up a long word (verb) that garnered a lot of points, try to steal it over with 'un' or 're'. Use the Call of God when necessary. 'UNwrapping' brought me the win below. Feel free to ask Joan if there are indeed 'shenanigans'.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

5. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Don't care if you get a massive score, it just looked like your opponent was not even trying. You can't tell me 1000+ vs 73 score isn't a little strange?

6. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    This weeks competition is over!

Absolutely awesome job everyone, you are all improving a lot and we are starting to see some really high scores now!!

The highest score of the week (1236 points) goes to KoOne23 but since he already won 1st and 2nd prize the previous weeks, he will automatically get the 3rd prize this week.

These are the third weeks final results:

1st Prize: $100 goes to DrPixel and his massive screenshot ;) 962 points

2nd Prize: $50 goes to dreadnok: 858 points

3rd Prize: $25 goes to KoOne23: 1236 points

Congratulations to the winners! Please PM and let me know how you want the prize :)

Only one weeks competition left…. So everyone who’s signed up but still haven’t actually played enough to get high scores, what are you waiting for?! There’s a really BIG chance that one of you might win one of next weeks prizes.

And you lurkers who haven’t signed up yet, now is the time :cool:

Let’s do this!

7. DrPixel

DrPixel Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Student
    Arizona, USA
    Thank you very much! I received the money in my Paypal just a few minutes ago. You guys rock! :D

And congrats to the other two winners! Crazy score koone23! :eek:

8. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Oh I was late to post my score lol btw which timezone are you in?

9. KoOne23

Apr 20, 2010
    It does indeed look strange, so go ahead and clarify with Robert if you want. Whatever way or however my opponent is playing his or her game shouldn't be my fault, no? Try to tell me that if you clock a high score against an opponent who finished his game with a low score that you will go, 'Oh, it looks like he wasn't even trying to win. Hm, this isn't a legit score!'

And thanks DrPixel, good luck for the final week! :)

Sent my PM, cheers!

10. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Received my prize thanks again

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    If the competition is still on I would like to participate as well. Already filled the form.

12. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    It's still on for another week. I just added you and you should have received an email with the TestFlight details.

Good luck and hope you will enjoy the game! :D

13. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Yup got it.
    Thanks!

14. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    I just started so I'm a little confused about a few things so I'll be really grateful if you can clarify it.
    First if I arrange a game with any of the two players and make my move but the opponent isn't available and after sometime he makes his/her move, but that time I'm not available and I make afterwards, then he'll be notified. Is this how it works? Am I correct?
    Second if both are available can game work one after another move. Is this correct too?

15. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Correct on all counts

16. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Oops, sorry to hear that .... We are based in Bali :)

So please everyone submit your screenshots as soon as you have a score you are happy with, and keep posting if you reach another high score.... This way the same thing will not happen this week

17. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    submitted form. Thanks.;)

18. Dragon Game Studio

Oct 8, 2012
    Game Developer
    Bali, Indonesia
    Awesome, I just added you :)

Good luck and hope you'll enjoyit!

19. KoOne23

Apr 20, 2010
    Received my prize, cheers! :)

20. bem69

bem69 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    I'm having problems connecting to the server. Says Request Data Failed. How do I fix this? :)