iPad 7 Stories Remastered (by Smashware)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by SkyMuffin, May 13, 2011.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    To be honest, that's actually good news. It won't feel like the game is dragging, and then I'll actually be able to delete it off my iPod with the game completed. Can't say that about too many iOS RPGs..

2. Alf101

Alf101 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Love old school RPGs picking this one up.:)

3. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I'm a hewg Dragon Warrior fan, but this just looks unfinished to me or something. Can a DW player that has played this let me know how it feels in comparison? Does it feel like a soulless clone or do you find yourself falling under the DW spell?

4. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    I'm sold!

Just picked this up, I also couldn't wait any longer after reading what's been written. I'm completely okay with an RPG that doesn't require huge amts of grinding and lasts only 4 hours. Awesome!

5. Smashware

Smashware Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Toronto
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback you've given on the game so far. I'm working on the first update now to address some of the issues that have been brought up, but in the meantime I have 3 promo codes left to give out if anyone is interested.

Let me know and I'll send one your way :D

6. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I wouldn't mind trying the game if you have a spare code :)

7. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I would love to try it out.

Thanks!

8. imoby

imoby Member

Jan 21, 2010
    I too would love a code if there are any left to spare!

9. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    would love a code to if any are left

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Damn, looks like I came in 5th place. Well, if you find any more codes lying around... ;)

11. dudemanbrochill

May 22, 2011
    a couple questions....

anyone have any more screenshots/video of this game? also, how does the combat system work? if it's at all similar to the golden sun combat system i'm sold. this game looks like it has beautiful graphics and seems like a solid, fun RPG. not enough of these in the app store....

do you see your characters and your enemies during fights, or just the enemies? also, how deep is character customization/are there a lot of items to collect?

also, i dig how there's 7 different characters for a different experience each time

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Finally got a chance to launch up the game after buying it the first day. Got to say, I really dig it. From what I played so far, this definitely seems like it's headed to be a short game, probably three hours or less to finish it, considering I've already gotten halfway in an hour. Sadly, choosing a different character to begin the game really doesn't change the experience much, since you get the opportunity to choose two other allies throughout the game whenever you want. They're just like waiting around the different towns you go to. You talk to them, and you can choose for them to join your party. Talking to one of them when you already have two other allies causes you to have to decide which previous player to take out. It works well.

Anyways, the gameplay is pretty reminiscent of Ash or a cut-down version of the classic FF titles. There's a world map, where you encounter battles and move between locations. When you arrive at a town or another landmark, it becomes a full environment like in the above mentioned games. Battles look just like they do in Ash, except there tends to be fewer options. It's the turn-based combat you'd expect to see: attack, skills, items, run. Equips are pretty basic, as there's only 4 slots and not that many items to collect throughout.

What do I like about the game? I like how easily you can pick up and put the game down. That's hard to say about most RPGs. This one is very forgiving, although the difficulty is just right (bosses will come close to killing you even if you spam potions every turn). The story is also decent so far. If you're looking for an introduction to turn-based JRPGs, this is a good start.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to finish it. Turns out it's only about two hours long. You probably won't be faced with too much difficulty throughout the game, especially if you're experienced at JRPGs. The game is short and sweet, but arguably probably not worth the price. The only enemy that caused me any difficulty at all was the final boss. It was a close one. Two more turns, and I would have had to restart the five minute battle. Anyways, yeah, first RPG I've finished in quite a while, heheh. Makes me feel good when I can finish a game. There's no grinding in this one, which is one of the factors causing its short length. But like I said, if you're looking for an intro to JRPGs, this is a good one. Otherwise, go with something else. The game only has auto-saves and no save slots strangely. It's not something I'd replay.

14. Hebi Kumo

Hebi Kumo New Member

May 25, 2011
    Game Impressions

touchArcade Members,

Why is anyone buying this game? If you do a little thing called RESEARCH you will find that the graphics used for this game come from a software to create RPG games (RPG Maker XP). The company who created the software has not created a way to export the game files to work on any apple product (including but not limited to MAC computers).

This means that your so called beloved game is illegally using graphics as Enterbrains License agreement stats that their graphics CAN NOT be used in another software for creating games!!!

This game is breaching a few laws and will be reported to Enterbrain to see if they wish to take legal action!!!

Official RPG Maker Site

http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/corporate/profile_e.html

Please do explain yourself Smashware!!!

15. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I may be mistaken but wasn't ASH made using the same software? I'm pretty sure you can license that stuff out. You need to relax a bit there, bro.

Also, why would anyone RESEARCH where the artwork for a game came from? Before I play a new game I don't sit down and look up other games to make sure what I play isn't infringing on other intellectual properties. That's just nonsense.

16. Hebi Kumo

Hebi Kumo New Member

May 25, 2011
    No you can't. You can't even use RPG Maker XP graphics in RPG Maker VX due to the license agreement upon purchase.

Seeing as this is a place for people to show off their created apps/game apps it makes a lot of sense unless your some guy who just found it on iTunes.

And I am comm, but if you like being ripped off by this game then go ahead and support it.

17. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    true indeed...i would say he created the acct here to prove a point nobody cares about....lol

18. Hebi Kumo

Hebi Kumo New Member

May 25, 2011
    So you like wasting your money on illegal products?

I'm done here...

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

The fact is, Enterbrain has licensed their graphics to developers in the past -- not through the general end-user software license but through private agreement. As mentioned before, that's what the developers of Ash did. I have no idea whether Smashware did the same, but perhaps you could do some research before you start flinging accusations.

20. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    THIS. Thank you.