Universal 7 Mages (by Napoleon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 14, 2016.

1. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    Never mind on this. I was just having trouble talking to Dog for some reason. I think there is a bug with using the elevator by yourself, though. You can press the switch through the wall.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, any review?

3. MrDrizzt

MrDrizzt Active Member

Jul 21, 2015
    How do you get to swamp. Do you have to kill troll I'm bridge. If so he is very oped for this early in game.

4. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Yes. You need to rid yourself of the troll. I beefed up Doc with some cheap armor and a few health potions will get you past him. Love the animation of him crawling onto the bridge. Nice touch.

5. greedsnake

greedsnake New Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Nop. I get the grimrock style and I kinda like it. but I really don't feel to drawing all locations on map by myself. Gladl i can play it for free at first.

6. MrDrizzt

MrDrizzt Active Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Thank you Bobish that helped!!

7. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Read the review, unlocked the full game...

8. MrDrizzt

MrDrizzt Active Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Sand stuck in swamp with three poles. Not sure what to do with them. Any help?

9. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    There's a special tree where you can use them. I think it's to the north west.

10. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Pocket Tactics review just gives this 5/5. Congrads

And shame on all who gave 1-star review at Apps Store

11. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Where to go after swamp? I check underwater and the dragon and the "ice" valley and it seems they are not for me.

Or should I find the missing sign?

Any help is appreciated.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I just started playing a few days ago, and the game's really growing on me.

That said, @currymutton: the suggested order seems to be looking for the Mage on the ship after the Swamp.
    I did Underwater instead - simply because it was next on the list - and completed the area yesterday. Sure, it was a bit tough-going; but I liked that, nice change of pace from the usual spoonfeeding :)

13. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks! Sorry for being too old-school-ish, those environments are pretty brand new to me.

Love the concept but apart from the original PC, other playable "mages" are pretty much "in the mold", i.e. some are made to be the main battle mage, some are made to be fighter, etc. It is very hard to alter their "role" in your party. If I had a complaint, other than the control itself, it would be it...

Also as charisma thing makes a huge difference in buying stuff, and I would like to have the member with highest charisma automatically do the transactions which could ease a bit in inventory management.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    No worries, I am an old-school gamer myself :)

So far, I have 4 Mages - soon 5 I hope - and you are at least somewhat right with the "molds":
    My main char, and the two from the Crypt and Swamp are all 3 spellcasters. The one I found in "Under the Sea" comes with pretty high starting Charisma, so she's a natural choice for being the party's Bard.

But it's not that difficult to send any off into a different direction.
    Did you notice that you can increase stats to 30 in the town, for a fee of course?
    Had I known that earlier, I'd have saved the points and bought them up first.
    On the other hand, while having 20 or so more points to distribute is quite a lot, I am doing well enough so far that I am not starting over.

And agree about the highest Charisma thing, that would be a nice to have.

If you go for Underwater instead of the Ship next, be prepared to return to the surface to recover Health & Mana quite frequently. Much more convenient than hauling a truckload of expensive potions around :) I needed somewhere around a dozen trips to fully explore the area.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @currymutton, in case you are still reading here; and for anyone else interested:

Some advise for the Ship chapter:
    - Bring lots of inventory space, ideally as many chests (full inv expansion) as you can afford.
    - When fighting, play the song that gives extra loot, it adds up nicely.
    - The Ship is a good place to grind a bit: The Slaver Horn summons 3 giants every time you use it on a summon spot (the "teleporter-looking thingies"); and they have unlimited uses.
    - Try to get your party re-united asap. Hint: you can throw things down in places where you die when you take the plunge yourself.
    - The Ship Mage comes with high starting Speed, and a Pike and Crossbow. Especially the Crossbow seems to be meant as "subtle" hint that he makes a good ranged attacker.

16. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks for the tips. Trying to regroup but it seems the ship is even more interesting than the swamp...

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Only seen 4 areas so far (Crypt, Swamp, Underwater, Ship) and they all were really well done, with lots of nice details - like the drowning in the Swamp and the currents in Underwater.

Too bad you already seem to be inside the Ship.
    Wanted to post that doing Underwater first actually was an excellent choice:
    Underwater you can leave anytime, but the Ship ... not so much.
    Being stronger and having one more party member did help a lot with making it pretty easy compared to the areas before.

I went through at least half the whole thing before I had my party re-united. Took me quite a bit to figure out what to do ;)

Not sure yet which area's up next. I'll report on any interesting stuff I find.

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just a quick update:
    Completed the Ship yesterday.
    Came out with over 20k in Gold - mostly from loot, I did grind until my inventory was full - which is enough to upgrade almost all my Mages to the best equipment available.
    I went with Staffs and Armour first, still need to check what else I can afford.

And I got a certain Mage residing in the town to join me as well, group is 6 people strong now, looking pretty good.

I'll start the next area today, most likely, will post anything interesting.

19. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm just staring out, and I was just curious if there where any locations to grind gold early in the game. I've only made it down into the crypt far enough to find the Innkeeper's chest. When I went back into the crypt, though, none of the monsters had respawned. I'm trying to find a way to save up for some inventory chests. Thanks!

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    the great thing about this game is there is no grinding necessary. Even at the swamp area has many nice stuff to loot for gold. Just make sure you increase your inventory capacity and charisma value. Selling using a character with higher charisma value sells more.