Universal 7 Mages (by Napoleon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 14, 2016.

1. haplo92

haplo92 Member

Dec 27, 2013
    France
    How long is this game ? I hear there is (only?) 10 levels.
    I am at level 2 of the tutorial and I am really enjoying it, bringing back some memories.

2. mdthielen77

mdthielen77 Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I really like the game so far (on level 2) of the dungeon and explored the city some, so I found the store where you can buy the backpack and other things to expand your inventory. Can anyone who is a little farther into the game tell me if gold is available in the dungeon enough to offset the cost of buying backpacks to expand your inventory? I like everything about the game except for the very limited inventory.

3. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Possible bug? Exploring Caredbar after finishing the first dungeon. Spoke with the Mason, who didn't have anything else to say. Exited his shop and my Mage companion is now dead with his items thrown in the street? Struggling to find/follow a clear storyline since arriving in the village. Loved the intro dungeon with the single character. Seemed to get clunky with the 2nd Mage. Curious to see how this works out with 7 characters?

4. JudasKain

JudasKain Active Member

Nov 11, 2015
    If only fellow reviewers can down vote that cretin's review... Can't stand the stupidity..

5. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    This game is really good. Or it could be really good.
    But the puzzles are sometimes much too hard. Progress is hard to achieve cause after killing all enemies in a dungeon or place you keep running around till you find the little secret to progress to the next part only to see that the next part is again a damn hard puzzle. Everytime you need to reload the last save to solve a puzzle fast - and this is just stupid - but the other way you will starve or use all mana for tryouts. The magic spell that should help with clues only works for 5 or 6 fields. To redo this spell over and over is just a waste in a dungeon with other 100 fields.
    I'm now totaly stuck in the swamp. After putting a pair of glowing eyes in the skull of a hanging skeleton i can open out of three gates one at a time. But this doesn't help at all.

Somehow the game has a very high frustration factor cause searching everywhere for a way is blocking the player from playing. Running around and to watch out for every little pixel is for me a waste of time in a so called rpg.

6. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Split up your group. Open first gate. Send one hero through it and then open the second gate.
    Alsou here you can find walkthrough for first three levels: http://www.7mages.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5

7. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Can he, by any chance, be hungry for some time unnoticed?

8. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    30 hours for first time player. 10 hours with speedrun.

9. haplo92

haplo92 Member

Dec 27, 2013
    France
    Thank you

10. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Where is this backpack you can buy? I see a chest but no backpack in the city.

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    There is a shop, iirc, where you can buy clothes. There you can find small purses/poaches available for sale to increase your inventory size

It is fun but I am not still very convinced since the swamp is rather, empty....

Call me difficult.

12. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    #72 cofunguy, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Obviously I haven't found this place and thought I did every part of the city...

Well I found it...thanks!

13. Skryia

Skryia Member

Jan 4, 2014
    This game has potential, but the controls are frankly awful. Inventory management and juggling equipment is incredibly tedious. And I can't for the life of me figure out how to use a consumable, like food. I have a feeling my character is going to starve because I simply can't eat the food I have. It's quite frustrating.

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Eating and drinking can be done by dropping the item into the icon on the lower right side of the screen resembling a sac/pouch/pocket. Figure that out myself, should have been in the manual or help or something

15. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    #75 Engeor, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    It is ok to put consumable anywhere on figure (putting it on icon is not necessary). It is mentioned in the tutorial.

16. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Mind sharing where it is? Running around mindlessly and still can't find it.

17. cofunguy

Sep 24, 2012
    East Of the south exit. It is in that east building that you will run into initially but you will have to go around to the south of it since the entrance is on the east side of the building

18. vladswe

vladswe Active Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks!! Found it.

19. gamecoder

gamecoder Active Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Male
    USA
    I'm stuck on the 3rd floor of the crypt. I've explored everything that I can. When I talk to the guy named Dog, he says something but nothing changes. I can go up and down the elevator by touching the wall. I can't leave for the first floor either. Not really sure what to do next. It sounds like I need to get someone to join my party. Any help would be great.

20. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    I picked up gold in the first part of the game (crypt). But now I finished the ship and haven't find any more gold pieces. How can you get money apart from selling things?