Universal 7 Mages (by Napoleon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Johny_G

Johny_G Member

Mar 14, 2016
    This area is actually non-optional. Keep playing and you will get there eventually :).

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Where do you buy/find food? I am at a point now where I just keep starving to death

3. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Two options: in town in bakery shop (same building as the entrance to the Crypt but on the other side) or you can learn/buy Cornucopia music what feed your party. Mastr of music is in left upper corner side by the sea.

4. erikseligman

erikseligman New Member

Dec 30, 2014
    Can someone describe the solution to the coffin-pushing puzzle in the first dunjon? Is there a clue or a visual feature somewhere that I'm missing?

5. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    @coffin puzzle: check the room west of the coffins, same 3x3 tiles layout. Need more help?

6. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I think I'm stuck in the 3rd level. I took the elevator to the first level and I cannot return to the 3rd level with that lift. As entrance of the 3rd level collapsed I can not use that way anymore. Any way to use the lift when you are alone ?

7. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    You will have to find a friend in the dungeon first.

8. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    I've only played down to level 2 so far, but I loved this game so much that I felt compelled to post something up! I grew up in turn based grid RPGs like this (primarily the Wizardry series), so I've got a HUGE soft spot for this particular genre. 7 Mages is an excellent upgrade to the games of my youth, and I can't wait to delve further into it. I especially love how they implemented music into the game too. This aspect really harkened back to the Wizardy series and their bard class. Ok, well that's enough for now. I want to get back into the dungeon! :D

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    So, right after I posted up I went to the AppStore to leave a 5 star review, and saw something that REALLY pissed me off. Someone had left a 1 star review for the smiple reason that this game is free with IAP to unlock the full version. Come on...seriously?!? This is why it's difficult for developers to make elaborate games on mobile. If it's not free, it doesn't get any traffic. But, if it's free they get lambasted for offering IAP to, you know, PAY for their hard work. SMH.

Attached Files:

10. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Haven't seen it yet.

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Totaly agree! Tragic review. We should all respect these kind of devs for this honest model which in my opinion is the best. Free to download and try but full unlock through the game.

12. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Yes I know but I think that if you take the lift before finding this friend on level 3 then you are stuck and can never go back to L3 to find that friend.

13. phandaal

phandaal Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    This pi$$ed me off so much I immediately went and gave them the 5 star review they deserve.

14. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Out of curiosity: how did you managed to use elevator just with one party member? :)

And can you use same method to get down and finish the dungeon?

15. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    After the crypt what's the best route to continue? I have only found the ice temple and the bridge with the Ork and both of them kicking my butt. Any clue for a better progression? Thanks

16. Johny_G

Johny_G Member

Mar 14, 2016
    #56 Johny_G, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    The clues are usually highlighted in your diary, so I recommend you to check it whenever you get lost :). Also, have a little chat with all the masters and merchants (some of them only sell items, but some start a dialog with you instead) in the town, because they often guide you to the right direction (and it will go straight to your diary).
    The optimal second level is the Swamps level. I think it's north-east in the forest, and you actually have to defeat the troll on the bridge to progress any further. While there are different strategies to kill him, I would recommend you to get some healing potions in Caredbar, and with two mages and wise usage of the Spider web spell, you should take him down pretty easily, as you will effectively block his turns in the combat :). You can also put some good armor on one of your mages, put him in the front with some healing potions, and shoot the troll with a fireball from distance with the other char. Good luck with him!

17. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    After Crypt (with Dog in your party) kill the Troll. It is not so hard as it seems. Buy some health potions, give Dog two one-handed swords (or the other guy) and use Web spell.

18. manneger

manneger Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Briefly tested the game now, wanted to play w charisma - but once i found a flute i couldnt use it? (got slaughtered by the two zombies i met). I probably missed something i could've done, but is there a guide or similar around how different types of starting players can/should be used?

19. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback!!!!

20. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    #60 macatron, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    The flute casts a healing aura that effects any party members in ear shot. I haven't tried using it during a fight, but it works great outside of a battle. First you need to equip it. Then you just have to touch and hold on the character portrait to bring up the battle menu. Then tap on the harp (for musical instruments) and tap on the flute. You have to walk around while the music plays in order for it to heal you though. Hope this helps. :)