Universal 7 Mages (by Napoleon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea this looks really cool can't wait to get some time to try it.

Is there a name for these types of games? Undercroft is one of my fav iOS games but I never know what type of game to call it.

2. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I call them first person rpg's

3. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Just being curious. Why isn't this one getting enough attention? I am downloading now to see for myself but i was wondering.

4. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    How do you get your party back together so they move at the same time?

5. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    #25 fabell, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Classy game! But there appears to be a number of things going wrong, even before I get out of the tutorial dungeon. So note these comments are purely for the tutorial dungeon, but I wanted to get my initial comments out to you asap since time really is of the essence here.

1. Enemies can move in battle but I can't, so I have to wait until they walk to me to actually engage them in battle. As a mage I rely primarily on range attacks so unless I can move myself in position manually I am relying either on luck or on preknowledge of the dungeon layout.

2. Inventory is really small. I shouldn't have to throw out items in the tutorial dungeon, or drop them and come back to pick them up later.

3. Controls are finicky. I often have an easier time picking up objects far away than crouching in front of the items to pick them up. Seems like this should be fixed.

4. Adding stats is really quick at level up. You hold the button and it adds the numbers but doesn't allow you to take it back, in case you changed your mind or made a mistake by holding too long.

I'm loving the art and the work that's gone into this game. GDC is a great time to release games since you'll be getting press so maybe you should fix some of the issues before the press gets wind of it. :|

6. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Are there different classes to choose from? Or, is it different types of mages?

Are there tanks? Archers? Rogues? That kind of stuff?

7. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    #27 ashmike3, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    1. Hold down the portrait of your character out of battle and your battle options will appear, you can shoot fireballs or whatever.
    2. I wonder if it expands, my second guy has more room than the first. Maybe a stat.
    3. A little odd for me sometimes too
    4. True. Think carefully

8. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I can answer your first question. You can move in battle by selecting the move button (looks like a pair of feet) near the bottom right of the screen.

9. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    @RLennon:

You can fully customize your character to add more points towards what you want ...the classes are Mage, warrior, rogue, and is it bard? I'm not sure but its strongest attribute is charisma. So when you create your character you can choose attribute strengths throwing everything into one class or somewhere in the middle having a little of everything ( a warrior Mage, a bardish Mage etc)

10. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    I figured it out, you slide the character portrait back to the left and it regroups the party

11. ashmike3

May 15, 2014
    2. You can buy a larger backpack in town

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    So far seems like a worthy entry to the genre, ftp or otherwise. Turnbased mechanic is a bit clunky and seems like I'm constantly drilling into action menus to do the same thing every turn; like the entire process, combat flow and UI could be more intuitive and refined. The auto map teleporting is a cool concept. Initial levels are interesting, the graphics decent, but due to the install size, I'm not sure if it will survive on my device very long.

13. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    I am sorry I do not know how to embed video :-( however, this is video walkthrough for the Crypt.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YQuPuZJ550

14. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016
    I believe it would be "dungeon crawler" or "grid based dungeon crawler"

15. Engeor

Engeor Member

Mar 14, 2016

All your questions has been already answered, just the 3rd one - it is fixed in todays update.

16. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Great game. Any chance of a cloud save? Would love to move between my iPad and iPhone when playing this...

Is the update being submitted or being released today btw?

17. Johny_G

Johny_G Member

Mar 14, 2016
    The update went live today.

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This seems like a really good first person dungeon crawler. If for no other reason you should give this a download to support the business model.
    The inital download is just like a demo, giving you the first four levels for free. Then you get the option to continue more levels for a cost with an option to purchase all levels for a 30% saving. There are no other iap's.

Developers that give us games with this sort of purchase option should be fully supported. Otherwise every developer will just give us mobile gamers freemium rubbish.

I have not played the game enough yet to comment on how good the gameplay is but my inital impressions are very positive.

19. fabell

fabell Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Awesome. Once the update finishes I'm going to play it straightaway. I love the music mechanic they took from Bard's Tale. I even chose strength and charisma chiefly for this reason. :D

20. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So on the first level right where you start, the map shows a secret area. Anyone figured out how to get in to it at all? I can't see any switches on nearby walls etc. Reluctant to move down a floor until I've completely finished this one though!