6x $15 US iTunes gift cards to review our app!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by tinyBuild, Aug 27, 2012.

1. tinyBuild

tinyBuild Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    #1 tinyBuild, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    We have 6 $15 iTunes codes (US) to give away for reviews on the US AppStore!

1. Download the app -> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rbots/id545961104
    2. Post a review
    3. Post your username back

6 iTunes gift cards worth $15 each will be given away!

The contest starts as of now
    And ends this Friday August 31st
    It is only for US centric folks, sorry!
    The winners will be picked by a jury that consists of the development team, so it's not a random raffle/giveaway
    (thanks for the heads up snapb202!)

Even though it's a 0.99 app, you will still definitely enjoy the game if you like games like Sonic or Super Meat Boy.

2. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    #2 snapb202, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    Thanks for the generous giveaway.
    RBOTS looks like a fun one touch platformer - looking forward to trying it out.

Can you be a bit more specific about the contest?
    When does it start?
    When does it end?
    Will the winners be randomly picked?
    There was a controversy earlier - apparrantly it is illegal to make people buy a product/service to enter a sweepstakes/giveaway - just FYI - I don't want you to get into trouble :)

3. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Contest Entry

I posted my review in the appstore. It is a neat little game.

UserName: PureSkill™©

4. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I added my review, too:

Username: Xiel-

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    left a review on US appstore as Foxmulderino83.
    I was a VERY strong fun of Magnetic Joe, but imho Rbots goes a lot above the level of that game. Many grats to bring a better rolling platformer to people, devs and continue to improve your game!

6. Left review in US iTunes under agleung. Thanks.

7. taz_79

taz_79 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Leave review as sofian_us on US App Store today...thanks for the contest and great game

8. imac74

imac74 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Cuba
    #8 imac74, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    Leave review as imac74 on US App Store

9. kilarbourbon

kilarbourbon Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Left review in US iTunes as kilarbourbon~
    Hope I can win the gift card XD

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #10 psj3809, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    (sigh) Another reason why i dont take any iTunes reviews seriously. Shame people just leave a review (no doubt 5/5) in the hope of winning a voucher.

Just clicking on the link the games not even free, sure you cant do this at TA (or the app store in general), get people to buy a game and get them to try and win a gift card for a 5/5 review

11. peaches 'n cream

Jul 3, 2012
    Left review as Bearorgans

12. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    Reviewed as Arutyun Mokoyan on US Store

13. kogaa555

kogaa555 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Left review as deadpuma on US AppStore

14. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    #14 snapb202, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks for the contest.

Have left my review in the AppStore - nickname snapb202

Get ready to make heads roll!

Rbots is a charming and innovative spin on the one touch rolling-ball platformer. The aim is pretty simple - make your robot's head roll along the platform from one point to another - while collecting bolts and and avoiding metal-shattering spinning saws. You can change direction and jump across breaks by using the magnetic properties of magnets strewn across your path . The single touch controls are simple to use but higher levels on this challenging physics puzzler get quite tricky. Overall well worth it as there are 180 levels with 3 modes of play to keep you busy, with the Dev's promising more to come. Don't hesitate to download if you're looking for a challenging puzzler with fun graphics. Oh and did I mention there's funky dancing robots??

15. Rokrdude

Rokrdude Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    #15 Rokrdude, Aug 31, 2012
    Reviewed as Rokrdude2 on U.S. appstore

16. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Left a review as nfong! Thanks for the contest.

17. Left a great review as Disgusted Consumer 777!

18. Carlacag123

Carlacag123 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2012
    #18 Carlacag123, Aug 31, 2012
    Thanks for the contest!
    Hope I'm not late, had trouble leaving a review - it just wouldn't open - anyway - finally got through and left my five star review - username carlacag123

Cute & Challenging one finger platformer + physic puzzler

Don’t let the cutzy, unconventional artwork, cheerful music and cool dancing robots fool you – this is one tricky platformer with a unique combination of a rolling ball game with elements of a physics puzzler thrown in.

Get your robots head to roll from point A to point B – sounds easy enough but as you whip across the platform, collecting golden nuts and bolts, the way is littered with obstacles which you have to navigate using a innovative magnet and slope type mechanism which draws you into a particular direction, and, if you’re not careful, into the grinding jaws of a menacing rotating saw. I had to play some of the levels several times before I was able to achieve a 3 star perfect game.

There are 3 game modes – My favorite is the “energy” mode you have to set a frantic pace and finish your course before your energy runs out. Luckily you have batteries to replenish your energy situated at strategic intervals.

There are is a grand total of 180 levels and 5 unique worlds to get through. Controls are very smooth and easy to pick up.

Overall a fun and challenging game that stands apart from the rest of the platformer crowd. Watch out - it can be quite addicting :) One thing I’d like to see in future updates is more variety in the type of puzzles with more power ups as we get to higher levels

19. xiel

xiel Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    #19 xiel, Aug 31, 2012
    I don't know with you. But I am enjoying it a lot. If you are specifically talking about this game then just because you do not like it doesn't mean it's a bad game.

It's actually a great puzzle game. I believe the 5/5 rating is justified for this game.

BTW to the developer can you try and implement a hardcore mode? I mean a mode without checkpoints, where deaths make you restart levels. The game is challenging but not challenging enough because of those checkpoints :). The farther you are the longer the game is the more it feels like supermeat boy for ios.

20. phrenik

phrenik Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Nurse
    City of Coffee
    Reviewed as coffeemonger on the US appstore. Thanks for a fun casual game!