$60 in iTunes Gift cards to be won: just play a free game!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Toytek, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    This and the fact that you have been so patient in responding to my questions and concerns pushed me over the edge on buying the first 4 letter bundle. Whether I buy the remaining 22 letters eventually or not, I'll decide as they become available. But you have more than earned the $5.99 I just spent.

You convinced me on that count. I now believe that people will complete a letter. My comment that I felt not many people would complete a letter was in relation to unlocking future letters. How will the unlock work? Let's say you release the next bundle of letters. How will the free unlock for a new letter function?

One more question that I didn't get answered before. If I want to hand my iPad to someone else to play a game, is there a way that they can start a new game without messing up mine? Maybe they just need to use a different OpenFeint account?

Yes this is a very large game and as I mentioned, I don't know of another like it. I suspect you are right about the staying power to complete the whole alphabet. Few people will likely do that. So, rather than saying that the game isn't complete, I'll say that the entire set of games isn't yet released. There are 4 letter games released so far and I look forward to seeing some of the ones that come in the future. The ability to choose favorite letters without having to buy them all is probably a good idea.

Just a suggestion to help encourage people to buy additional letters. Given how great the game looks, some people (maybe me) might want to buy just to see how certain letters play. Could you post low resolution images of each letter on your website as they are released as a kind of preview of each picture? My thinking is that there wouldn't be enough detail when viewed at low resolution for people to want to just print it and use instead of the game, but if people are choosing which ones they want to buy, they can kind of get a feel for which images they especially like and then buy those.

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    so... no gift app for the losing contestants ;) ??

3. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Isn't the app already free? :confused:

4. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Wow the big bundle is ony $4.99 now! Thanks for listening to us and we really had you in mind we want to see The Ultimate Alphabet succeed

5. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    I ended up buying the iPad bundle, which is $5.99. So, it is $1 more, but this is one of the few apps where I think a higher price for the iPad version is worth it. The artwork is gorgeous and it really shows on the iPad where you can see a lot more detail without having to zoom in. The game does work really well on the iPhone also, though. If the iPad version didn't exist I would have bought the one for the iPhone.

So I agree, thanks for listening to potential customers and now an actual customer. :)

6. Toytek

Toytek Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Games Developer
    Guildford, UK

1. The next set of letters in the series are in development and will be ready for release early to mid Sept. We will look into creating the unlock-able games after that and how this unlock feature will fit in with apple requirements. (resource limitations)

2. Yes at the moment you will have to use OF to have multiple user. This is an OF feature for now.

3. Yes only the first 4 games in the series are the only ones has been released so far, fingers crossed we get to the finish line on this marathon project!

4. Will do.

Thanks for your interest. If you have any more questions please email me

g[at]toytek[dot]co[dot]uk

Cheers

G.