iPad 50 Promotional Code (issued) for Baseball Superstars 2009

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hes72, Feb 23, 2009.

1. hes72

hes72 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    #1 hes72, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    Winners here

---Update---
    Since, many don't seem to be comfortable with entering a phone #, we have changed it so you can either put in your phone # or email. It doesn't matter - Just help us gather some information.

Again, thanks everyone for your help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone at TouchArcade,

My name is Han from Gamevil Inc.
    As some of you might know we have released a game called Baseball Superstars 2009 for the iphone awhile back.

First, wanted to thank everyone for your support, and want to give out 50 promotional codes for the game.

Please go the the following link and take the quick survey,

http://www.gamevil.com/request/main.php

We will pick 50 users at random and send them a promotional code via SMS.
    Of course we would like to give everyone who takes the survey a promotional code, but you all probably know that we only get 50 to use.

Please make sure to add your name and phone #, that way we can send you a text message with the promotional code.

Of course, your personal information will be kept confidential and never be used/sold in some messed up way.

We will post the 50 code receivers on Sunday night, so if you don't get a SMS (for example, non AT&T users might not receive the SMS) please check back.

Thank you so much for your cooperation - we really appreciate it!

2. FazzyReborn

FazzyReborn Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Done. I hope i win..

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #3 VoodooVyper, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Thanks for the offer but I'm not a fan of giving out my phone number for random drawings, sorry.

4. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I agree. There are better ways to give out promo codes...

5. yeah that is really sketchy

what's wrong with email ?

6. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I would, but I like keeping my cell # private regardless. Especialy sincei don have unlimited texts.

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I honestly think hes just trying to give out promos in a way that will actually benefit him too, instead of just having lurkers take them. I think its one of the best ways come up with so far, as long as he keeps to his word ;)

8. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    I don't really want to give out my #, maybe next time you can do email

9. Spartan12103

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Well he could do the same survey thing but ask for an email + Toucharcade profile name then email or PM the code. As much as I like promo codes, I'll have to pass, sorry.

10. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    How do you figure? Gathering a bunch of cell phone numbers to give promo codes to (at random) is better than emailing? On what planet? That's like saying whoever thought to wipe their ass with sheet metal is a genius AFTER toilet paper has already been invented.

11. AceSh00t

AceSh00t Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Wh donĀ“t email the winners? Maybe we get spammed later on the phone...

12. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I find this rather suspicious but I could totally be wrong. I wouldn't give out my number to a total stranger either even if it is for a game. Sorry.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Very nice of you. I played the lite version and I must say you guys are marketing marvels. Just enough content to see how addictive BST09 is, yet leaves you wanting more, more, more. If I don't win, (chances will be slim by Sunday, I bet) I will be buying this. It has lots of game modes, upgradeable characters and hidden/unlockable content. Fun.

14. touch_me

touch_me Active Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I actually think the survey is pretty good...except the last question where it asks you how much you have spent on app store. There is no option between 20-50 dollar amount.

15. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    It could be an idea, thats all im saying. And its more useful than just posting them for all to see, where he gets no benefit. And if he dosent give out or use any cell numbers, then it makes no difference whether the code come via text or email. Sure, its more fishy, but we also have no reason to be suspicious of him.

16. hes72

hes72 Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Change the survey form so you dont have to put in your phone #.
    An email address will do just fine.

Sorry for making everyone so upset.
    But I assure you, you won't get any spam emails or phone calls from us. Homie don't play that.

We just want to get some more info on iPhone users so we can make better games.
    Also, we have to give out the promo codes by random, and not to the first 50 who do the survey --> that won't be smart... at least i think...

Hope I cleared up a few issues that were upsetting people.
    Once again, thank you all for your help!

We have a new game coming out soon called Zenonia - It's an RPG.
    I think you guys will like it. Stay tuned.

17. Blaqkie

Blaqkie Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I don't think the developer would just come here to spam us and cheat us. I'm not sure, but I feel comfortable.

I did my survey with trust. :)

18. costanza

costanza Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Filled it out. When are you announcing winners? Next Sunday?

19. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    survey sent! :)

20. Spartan12103

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    I filled out the survey. It's no that I didn't trust you, it's just my number is something I prefer to keep private. Good way to send out promos.